German Football 23/24 |

RoyH1

Amazing accomplishment by Leverkusen and Alonso. Unforgettable season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What a season. Champions, still unbeaten, potential to win 3 trophies...amazing

Congrats

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
What a season and what a closure, great great team, excellent coach....Wirtz what an absolutely fantastic player, looks like an all time Kraut style of player.

PD1: on a personal note I hope Palacios doesn't get injured so often and gains a place in the NT.
PD2: Harry will be troll to death after this season, I feel for him

Last edited:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Just watching the highlights. Emphatic victory and an amazing season, guess they were due!

Just save the pitch invasions till full time, crazy scenes.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He is a spectacular player
And they got him for free. What in the world were the other clubs doing.

I can understand maybe he's elevated to new level playing as LWB, which doesn't have the same defensive duties, but Leverkusen aren't the only club that play with 3 at the back.

So chuffed for Leverkusen :drool: Alonso winning the title in just his second season, just like my FM save. Now he should stay at the club, keep the stars, and win the next 20 in a row :lol:

G3079

Supports
Nobody in particular
Congrats to Leverkusen, but I really hope they don't grow lax now. I wanna see them keeping up the mental for the EL. I do hope they feck up the DFB Pokal, I wanna see Klautern win it.

On Werder's side, Keita continues his descent into obscurity. Got told yesterday that he didn't make starting eleven for the Leverkusen game and the guy seriously decides he won't travel with the team and rather stays at home to sulk? What an ego on a player who has shown nothing that would indicate he deserves a starting spot, constantly being injured and having only played for 106 minutes the entire season. Acting like he's still a 60m player rather than someone who can consider himself lucky if anyone in the top tier of the top five European leagues still looks his way.

thisisnottaken1

Congrats to Leverkusen. The fact that Harry Kane went to Bayern to win trophies yet the season in which he arrives is the first season in which they haven’t won the league in 12 years is poetic irony. The fact that he’s nearly 31 and one of the best strikers of this generation yet hasn’t won a single trophy is mad. Bayern’s only shot at silverware is the Champions League now; they should never have sacked Nagelsmann last season.

when was the last time Leverkusen won the league, and when was the last time Bayern had a trophyless season?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Congrats to Leverkusen and their fans, even to @Zehner
Very well deserved champions, now go on and win the EL
Congratulations to Alonso (not the F1 driver), the players, the fans, and especially @Zehner (who should be busy getting drunk :D)
Congratulations @Zehner what a fantastic season!
Congratulations Leverkusen @Zehner Alonso Wirtz Frimpong Xhaka everyone
Wonderful. Great for Leverkusen and all of football really. Congratulations @Zehner
Congrats @Zehner , enjoy
Thanks guys, it feels so surreal that we actually made it :eek:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
On a scale from 1-10 how drunk were you yesterday? :D

Congrats again, quite an achievement and unbeaten so far to top it all off.
For me it was pretty civilized yesterday :D I couldn't get too drunk so I had a free drinks, smoked a little but was in bed at around 2 am. I plan on getting properly wasted when on May 26 though :D

Feels so crazy that the Vize banter is finally over :eek: I was so used to it since being a child, it honestly never occurred to me that this will be a thing of the past until they started the "Nie deutscher Meister" chants

Paula

Supports
Bayern
For me it was pretty civilized yesterday :D I couldn't get too drunk so I had a free drinks, smoked a little but was in bed at around 2 am. I plan on getting properly wasted when on May 26 though :D

Feels so crazy that the Vize banter is finally over :eek: I was so used to it since being a child, it honestly never occurred to me that this will be a thing of the past until they started the "Nie deutscher Meister" chants
Still don't get over the fact that you can smoke weed legally in public in Germany now :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Still don't get over the fact that you can smoke weed legally in public in Germany now :D
....can't you people abolish your silly language and just speak english instead? Then I can move :(

HTG

Supports
Bayern
....can't you people abolish your silly language and just speak english instead? Then I can move :(
No. Weed is only for those who can say Cannabislegalisierungsgesetzesvorschlag without struggling.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
No. Weed is only for those who can say Cannabislegalisierungsgesetzesvorschlag without struggling.
Be nice. Now that the proposal was accepted it is the Cannabislegalisierungsgesetz.

More on topic a nice little fun fact: Alonso is rightfully praised for his work this season and it is truly impressive. Leverkusen improved 32 points compared to the same time last season. But if you actually sort the table by how much each team improved they are just second. Stuttgart jumped 38 points from 25 last season to 63 now. That's even crazier and I just want to point that out, because their incredible season is overshadowed a bit at the moment.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Just move. You shouldn't get into trouble by speaking English.
I've been here 4.5 years and can't speak properly. It helps that my wife can speak much better than I can but can imagine it not being easy for someone alone and not speaking the the language.

Depends a lot where you are you, people say Munich is more conservative in this sense but in Berlin a lot more people are comfortable speaking English.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Such a complicated and inefficient word, no wonder Söder was against it.

Congrats man. Incredible scenes. I hope you go unbeaten all the way. Proper buzzing for you mate.
Thanks mate, it was absolutely amazing :)

Floydian

Supports
Bayern Munich

I hope you get that Treble, keep all your players next season (and hopefully Stuttgart as well), and make the Bundesliga interesting again.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Feck you :lol: :lol: :lol:

How do you even say that seriously :houllier:

Please start speaking a real language :D

HTG

Supports
Bayern

Maybe we should start a Cannabislegalisierungsgesetzesvorschlagsumbenennungskommission in order to find an easier name?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Maybe we should start a Cannabislegalisierungsgesetzesvorschlagsumbenennungskommission in order to find an easier name?
How exemplarily German of you, i'm feeling all regulated and beaurocratically paralyzed! :drool:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Are you sure you're not confusing German with Dutch or Swiss?

Just move to Berlin. No need to speak German there.
I can't tell if you're being serious, but Reddit is full of people, who found out the opposite.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Are you sure you're not confusing German with Dutch or Swiss?
you may be right. German isn't silly so much as terrifying

also written dutch looks like written lombard dialects which makes it cool

G3079

Supports
Nobody in particular
https://www.deepl.com/de/translator#de/en/Cannabislegalisierungsgesetzesvorschlag
click on the little speaker below for the program to read the word for you. DeepL is pretty damn good at actually pronouncing it right, too.
I've been here 4.5 years and can't speak properly. It helps that my wife can speak much better than I can but can imagine it not being easy for someone alone and not speaking the the language.

Depends a lot where you are you, people say Munich is more conservative in this sense but in Berlin a lot more people are comfortable speaking English.
Well the problem is you are trying to learn German while in Munich, where the natives can't speak German either. :D

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I can't tell if you're being serious, but Reddit is full of people, who found out the opposite.
I lived in Berlin for close to 10 years. It really depends on the area in which you live. It feels like within the S-Bahn Ring everyone understands and speaks English. For certain in Mitte, where I lived. By "everyone" I mean the employees in shops, restaurants and cafés who are often no native German speakers themselves. Sure, if you go to a small traditional Berliner bakery you can run into trouble or when you try to show of your English skills in Dahlem or Spandau.

Paula

Supports
Bayern

Spanish is increasingly becoming the most popular third language for most young people here.
For a long time it was French because of the school system, but let's be honest: who would choose French over Spanish? :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Spanish is increasingly becoming the most popular third language for most young people here.
For a long time it was French because of the school system, but let's be honest: who would choose French over Spanish? :D
There's many unhinged people around unfortunately :(

G3079

Supports
Nobody in particular
The only thing I can say about that is that learning both is a massive pain the arse. I learned French first, Spanish second, and the many words that are spelled the same or similar, but are pronounced very differently, constantly threw me for a loop. I constantly ended up pronouncing words the French way when learning Spanish.

UTD_Since_1978

Hats off to Bayer Leverkusen even though they are managed by an ex-Liverpool player, nice to see Bayern Munich not winning yet another league title.

I actually mentioned (somewhere on the internet either a forum or YouTube comments section) Wirtz as a possible signing for UTD about 2 years ago.

It'll be interesting to see what Bayer Leverkusen do next season in both the German league & the Champions League.