German Football 23/24 |

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'm aware how a Ponzi scheme works. You can say it's rather a pyramid scheme, because legally it may not be striaght up fraud, but that distinction makes little difference to me.

And what do you mean no payment claims when you wrote yourself:
" That aside, the token values are in fact tied to the real life players because the users are awarded with ticket discounts and similar incentives if the real life players perform well. "

Do you think those fall from the sky? We have literally seen the same model go bust in spectacular fashion with football index. The platform doesn't generate any money through players performing well, yet one of the main lures is that they will pay out based on players performing well. So the money, as well as operational costs, has to come from somewhere else: namely selling new tokens/"shares" to customers. And that's the pyramid scheme: new sales cover the obligations from old sales, once sales dry up they go bust.

Someone pitched these clubs "we want to copy that pyramid scheme that cost fans in losses in the 9 figure region. Want to help us sell it to your fans?" And they said yes, probably for a sum that's pocket change to them.

How can anyone not be disgusted at this behavior?
Great that it doesn't matter to you, then I'm sure you will be just as disgusted by the other industries Bundesliga clubs, among them yours, happily cooperate with ;) Regarding the discounts: I doubt you have any monetary claims because of prospected future discounts.

Anyway, I believe it is a ridiculous suggestion that managers of Bundesliga clubs would consciously participate in a pyramid scheme for a few extra bucks, probably not even the seven digits. But it is pretty telling that you honestly believe Rolfes would go "A pyramid scheme?! HELL YES, where can I subscribe?"

That's my signal that we shluld stop here ;)

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Hearing Eberl in his pre-match interview Zidane isn't an option for Bayern.

He said the new manager doesn't need to speak German but English. Next question was whether Zidane speaks English and Eberl didn't know.
Thus he didn't even talk to Zidane.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
1-0 for Bayern.
Thank feck someone sanctioned the move to bring back Nagelsmann. I don't understand at all how are these transfer decisions made lately from the board.

Reminds me of ManUtd actually, going from weakness to weakness over the years.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Looks like Heidenheim's fans are desperate for some street cred.

1-0 for Bayern.
Thank feck someone sanctioned the move to bring back Nagelsmann. I don't understand at all how are these transfer decisions made lately from the board.

Reminds me of ManUtd actually, going from weakness to weakness over the years.

Did you miss the news?

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Hearing Eberl in his pre-match interview Zidane isn't an option for Bayern.

He said the new manager doesn't need to speak German but English. Next question was whether Zidane speaks English and Eberl didn't know.
Thus he didn't even talk to Zidane.
Or, here me out, he was lying. No, I don’t think Zidane will coach Bayern next season.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I don‘t think you would have caught Düsseldorf anyways, so I appreciate the support.
I didn't think so either, but I'm fond of the other club from Hamburg, so losing is always shit and against St. Pauli a bit more than most other losses ;)

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I didn't think so either, but I'm fond of the other club from Hamburg, so losing is always shit and against St. Pauli a bit more than most other losses ;)
:eek: Wow! And I almost liked you. 96 and HSV… strange combo (says the guy supporting Pauli and Bayern…).

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
:eek: Wow! And I almost liked you. 96 and HSV… strange combo (says the guy supporting Pauli and Bayern…).
Why strange? There is even a long standing official friendship between the fan scenes of the two clubs. In my case it's more due to having a lot of HSV fans among my friends, but still I don't see anything strange about that combination. :lol:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why strange? There is even a long standing official friendship between the fan scenes of the two clubs. In my case it's more due to having a lot of HSV fans among my friends, but still I don't see anything strange about that combination. :lol:
It was more in regards to supporting two clubs „from the same region“ that often play in the same league. And yes, I have been exposed to a lot of friends that support HSV ( I am from Hamburg) as well. Was always a struggle to keep quiet in the stadion when Bayern scored since we were in the supporter‘s end. :D

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It was more in regards to supporting two clubs „from the same region“ that often play in the same league.
Bremen, Wolfsburg or Braunschweig would be closer / "more regional" for me than Hamburg, so it's far away enough so to speak to don't have that bitter rivalry ;)

Was always a struggle to keep quiet in the stadion when Bayern scored since we were in the supporter‘s end. :D
You little rat :lol:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
The writers should be ashamed of this blatant protagonist syndrome and overuse of plot armor!!

:lol:

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Would have been a very Dortmund thing to ruin a good thing.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Unbeaten series still ongoing... and the all time point record is still possible, but now they would have to win all remaining matches to take that away from Bayern (is at 91 points, they can get 92 for winning everything)

PepG

Supports
Ajax
I repeat myself but this is very Benitez-in-his-early-stage of a career like from Alonso... Even better..this never give up attitude will help him a lot in his future as a coach, i am pretty sure of it haha

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I repeat myself but this is very Benitez-in-his-early-stage of a career like from Alonso... Even better..this never give up attitude wil help him a lot in his future as a coach, i am pretty sure of it haha
So will it act as a multiplier with us? :smirk: :wenger:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Yea, now they gonna get trashed by Roma.

Obviously not all of those had an impact on the result but a fair few do. What that does also show is that they haven't been at their best recently but are still grinding out results, that won't always work.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yea, now they gonna get trashed by Roma.

Obviously not all of those had an impact on the result but a fair few do. What that does also show is that they haven't been at their best recently but are still grinding out results, that won't always work.
There was a noticeable dip in form after the Bremen match but before that the form was excellent. The away game in Qarabag aside, we were comfortably the better team in the matches we scored that lately. Against Hoffenheim for instance we scored in the 88th and 91st minute but we had 3.75 to 0.63 xG. I just checked bundesliga.de and we only had less xG than our opponent in 4 games this season and in all those occasions it were fairly thin margins (Leipzig at home -0.04, Bayern away -0.34, Hoffenheim away -0.33, Stuttgart away -0.67, Mainz at home -0.14). Only one of those matches was in 2024 and only the away match against Bayern saw us getting a late point in a game in which we had less xG.

We're still lucky, obviously, because usually you lose the occasional game in which you've been the better team. But West Ham aside, I don't recall any game in which the late goal was lucky or undeserved.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Pauuuuuullllliiiiiiiii (I can't believe this is fecking happening!!)