German Football 23/24 |

verycute

Supports
Schalke
pretty sure Kane would have scored but the pitch declined him :)

will be fun to see if they keep Tuchel if they also lose this. but we all know whats gonna happen in the Summer.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Did we really? Left back with Davies isn't worse. Center backs are of pretty much the same quality. Right back is worse compared to Lahm I give you that.
Midfield isn't worse at least if you look at the individual quality.
Replacing Robben and Ribery 1 on 1 was always an impossible task. They were generational talents.
Kane for Lewandowski is a draw. Musiala for Müller we have to wait.

I think Salihamidzic did quite a good job here, especially considering our limited (compared to the oil teams and United, Barcelona or Real).
United's squad cost 1,2 billions while ours is at 460 millions.

If there is an issue, it isn't the individual quality but the mentality of some players. Whose responsibility is the mentality? I think the coach is responsible to form a successful team. That's where Tuchel clearly struggles.
I think Brazzo did well considering the constraints, Though he made a few errors like signing Lucas Hernandez for that fee. Davies was a good buy. Given the state of the market, Geting Sane Gnabry Coman to sign their extension was also good

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
These fecking idiots. This has nothing to do with football anymore. How you can create some pressure if the match is interrupted every 20 min. It's getting worse ever week.
The referee should just end the game. Then the clubs will act and stop these brain dead idiots.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
These fecking idiots. This has nothing to do with football anymore. How you can create some pressure if the match is interrupted every 20 min. It's getting worse ever week.
The referee should just end the game. Then the clubs will act and stop these brain dead idiots.
:lol::lol::lol:

Keep em coming :drool:

68cob

someone needs to change the clock

or was it stopped for ten minutes?

okay, got it now ... carry on

90 + 5min

I guess that clubs should have spoken to fans first. I'm not taking any side but knowing german football culture they wouldn't just accept that.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Leverkusen are going to do it, aren’t they?

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why is that a read card for Upamecano? Thought double punishment isn't anymore.

The missed chance of Sané is symptomatic.

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
I swear these BL teams are so stupid. Up 3-1, a man up and play harakiri football against Bayern.

verycute

Supports
Schalke
Why is that a read card for Upamecano? Thought double punishment isn't anymore.

The missed chance of Sané is symptomatic.
eh because he already got a yellow and that was clearly a yellow card.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
When was the last time Bayern would drop three games in a row under pressure?
I mean the end of last season kind of foreshadowed something like this, but I assumed that signing Kane would have fixed a lot of their issues.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Nagelsmann may be the first coach, whose reputation benefited from being sacked.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
How can it be only 8 minutes?

The penalty and red card, 8 substitutions, 2 goals and Bochum wasting time should be 6 min at least already and then there was the break where the teams left the field. Should have been 12 or 14 min.

Not that it matters. We wouldn't have won anyway. I even prefer a loss. Maybe 3 loss in a row will change something.

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
Nagelsmann may be the first coach, whose reputation benefited from being sacked.
...and yet Tuchel still got more points than him at the same stage last year. It´s really unfair that for the first time in over a decade another team in Germany actually has shown the ambition to be champions. Still some ways to go, but I think Leverkusen are better and mentally stronger than Dortmund.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
...and yet Tuchel still got more points than him at the same stage last year. It´s really unfair that for the first time in over a decade another team in Germany actually has shown the ambition to be champions. Still some ways to go, but I think Leverkusen are better and mentally stronger than Dortmund.
I'd wager Nagelsmann would have won a few more points, too, if he had Kane over Choupo and wasn't burdened by the mid-season WC.

massi83

How can it be only 8 minutes?

The penalty and red card, 8 substitutions, 2 goals and Bochum wasting time should be 6 min at least already and then there was the break where the teams left the field. Should have been 12 or 14 min.

Not that it matters. We wouldn't have won anyway. I even prefer a loss. Maybe 3 loss in a row will change something.
Clock was stopped during the protest.

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
So, are Bayern still second only because Leverkusen are so good?
When you are virtually the best team in the top 5 leagues in goals scored, goals conceded, passing accuracy and balls won, you are probably pretty hard to beat. They are better knocking the ball around at a higher accuracy than Pep´s City and their wingbacks have more goal contributions than peak Liverpool TAA/Robertson. Wish they would keep Alonso and the team together, cause they´d have a legit shot to win the Champions League next season.

Charlie Foley

So, are Bayern still second only because Leverkusen are so good?
In part, at least pointswise, yes. Last year after 22 games Bayern were first with 46 points. They were first in 2022 at the same stage with 52 points (Dortmund had 46). First with 49 points in 2021 (Leipzig second with 47). 46 in 2020 (Leipzig second with 45). In 2019 they were second with 48, Dortmund in first with 51. In 2018 they had 56, and the league was dogwater then. Leipzig were second with 38. 2017 they were first with 53, Leipzig had 48 in second.

You have to go back to Guardiola's last year for a team that had as many points as Bayer do so far this season (59 in 2016). And Bayern's 50 points so far this season would be enough to have them first against anyone not Bayern since then, bar 1 point in 1 season, and surpass their own first place amount at the same stage in 3 of the last 4 season.

RedDevilRoshi

What was the tennis ball pitch throwing protest about? Seen it halted play for 10 mins in the first half.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
What was the tennis ball pitch throwing protest about? Seen it halted play for 10 mins in the first half.
Protests against investors coming into the bundesliga is the short way of putting it.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
In part, at least pointswise, yes. Last year after 22 games Bayern were first with 46 points. They were first in 2022 at the same stage with 52 points (Dortmund had 46). First with 49 points in 2021 (Leipzig second with 47). 46 in 2020 (Leipzig second with 45). In 2019 they were second with 48, Dortmund in first with 51. In 2018 they had 56, and the league was dogwater then. Leipzig were second with 38. 2017 they were first with 53, Leipzig had 48 in second.

You have to go back to Guardiola's last year for a team that had as many points as Bayer do so far this season (59 in 2016). And Bayern's 50 points so far this season would be enough to have them first against anyone not Bayern since then, bar 1 point in 1 season, and surpass their own first place amount at the same stage in 3 of the last 4 season.
You love numbers, you.

erikcred

Leverkusen are going to do it, aren’t they?
No doubt. Are you worried that once they do, Alonso will consider it "job done" and look towards Liverpool instead of Real for the next challenge?

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
No doubt. Are you worried that once they do, Alonso will consider it "job done" and look towards Liverpool instead of Real for the next challenge?
Hmm, not sure. I still expect him to stay for another season at least.

We extended Carlo but that doesn’t mean anything. Perez will fire him on the spot if we don’t win anything this season, which could happen. And Liverpool needs a much bigger rebuild while ours is almost done.

We’ll see. I love the way Leverkusen has been playing. Very enjoyable to watch. Curious if they’ll be able to go unbeaten all season.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

It's a little similar in the EPL, where title winners and serious challengers have been picking up unprecedented amounts of points in recent seasons. If you don't do simiarly now, it quickly seems like you're performing poorly; but it's a very high standard indeed to be held against - and that's kinda what Leverkusen is (surprisingly) presenting Bayern with this season.

That doesn't mean that Tuchel is doing everything right, but I think people do forget that these amazing runs of wins and points totals haven't always been the standard across leagues. And also that it's much nicer when they don't occur, as everyone prefers leagues to be more competitive at the top.

I admit I kinda got off on a tangent there. :)

es-muellert

Supports
Bayern München
I think Brazzo did well considering the constraints, Though he made a few errors like signing Lucas Hernandez for that fee. Davies was a good buy. Given the state of the market, Geting Sane Gnabry Coman to sign their extension was also good
Fully agree. Bayern now had two transfer windows without him, and I believe it's fair to say that they didn't manage to strengthen the squad...so it's a very weird narrative to try to blame Salihamidzic for the current state of the team.

Btw, Salihamidzic was trying to get Rodri as well...guess who of our elders did not back his potential transfer...?

It also remains to be seen, how the current, respectively soon-to-be (Eberl) management team will deal with all the contracts that are about to run out:

Davies, Kimmich and Sane will enter into their last contract year, which puts Bayern into a difficult spot. And Musiala has also only 2 years left.

Let's see which wages the new board will offer them...especially to Musiala.