German Super Cup: Dortmund vs Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajma

I'm on about the teams above Dortmund currently... Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, United etc. He's good enough to make the step up but unfortunately looks like he's destined not to.
How are we above Dortmund currently? Based on what exactly? Money?

el3mel

Bayern are struggling with Dormund's pressing. They also had a very poor more season. Whats up with them?
I don't think Bayern is that bad. They created better chances through the game and the 2 goals are terrible mistakes from Martinez and Lewa.

MadMike

I'm on about the teams above Dortmund currently... Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, United etc. He's good enough to make the step up but unfortunately looks like he's destined not to.
Real and Barca don't need a striker. United chose the certainty of a domestic player, one that is younger too. As for Chelsea and Milan, who knows. My guess is they baulked at the transfer fee + salary demands for him.

Also recent big transfers out of Dortmund (Gundogan, Mkhi, Gotze, Kagawa etc) haven't really set the world on fire so teams are wary that good performances for Dortmund does not equate to world class player who can perform in any league and any setting. Hence maybe a reluctance to spend the reported €80m for a 28yo that could flop.

LoneStar

I don't think Bayern is that bad. They created better chances through the game and the 2 goals are terrible mistakes from Martinez and Lewa.
Started watching from around 55 minutes , Dortmund looked much better. No clue about the first half though.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
What a stupid challenge from the Dortmund player leading to the FK.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Lewandowski doesn't seem to be very popular with Dortmund fans. Was his leaving that bitter?
No. It was really soft tbh.

They don't like him because of previous games with Bayern against BVB. For example Lewandowski accused BVB players, that they intentionally tried to injury him before this year's match against Real Madrid.

He (and his agents) is a person to dislike very easily in general

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
No. It was really soft tbh.

They don't like him because of previous games with Bayern against BVB. For example Lewandowski accused BVB players, that they intentionally tried to injury him before this year's match against Real Madrid.

He (and his agents) is a person to dislike very easily in general
Thanks.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
LB no.1 (Zagadou) 18 year old CB
LB no.2 (Passlack) 19 year old RB/RM

those two and Piszczek who seems past it at this point have cost Dortmund a lot today.

whatwha

A slightly better shootout than United vs Real Madrid :p

el3mel

Was obvious Bartra was going to miss.

Never mind deserved win for Bayern imo.

Chip

Ulreich jumped to his right every single time, yet the Dortmund players kept placing their kicks there, and the two misses came exactly because of that. That's just plain stupid and amateurish. Fortunately it's just the Supercup.

whatwha

Undeserved loss for Dortmund imo :/ They did well until that one idiot gave away the free kick for Bayern's equalizer.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Bayern are struggling with Dormund's pressing. They also had a very poor more season. Whats up with them?
troubled preparation with a lot of injuries and the calculated risk of taking a very titring asia trip. No reason to be worried, Bayerns season starts later than anybody elses. Still no reason to sugarcoat the laclustre performances so far. With Lahm and Alonso, the two master-strategists left the stage. Also Ancelotti yet has to prove he has what it takes to live up to Peps heritage. Said it before, it may well be a transition season for us.
Problem i see is, recent personnel changes in management (Brazzo/Reschke) seem to indicate that the bold approach of reforming club and team which happened during Hoeness absence is partly rolled back, and that is not a good thing.

LoneStar

troubled preparation with a lot of injuries and the calculated risk of taking a very titring asia trip. No reason to be worried, Bayerns season starts later than anybody elses. Still no reason to sugarcoat the laclustre performances so far. With Lahm and Alonso, the two master-strategists left the stage. Also Ancelotti yet has to prove he has what it takes to live up to Peps heritage. Said it before, it may well be a transition season for us.
Problem i see is, recent personnel changes in management (Brazzo/Reschke) seem to indicate that the bold approach of reforming club and team which happened during Hoeness absence is partly rolled back, and that is not a good thing.
Thanks! Assuming everyone is fit, what is your starting 11? And what are your expectations for this season?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
With Lahm and Alonso, the two master-strategists left the stage. Also Ancelotti yet has to prove he has what it takes to live up to Peps heritage. Said it before, it may well be a transition season for us.
Funnily, Kimmich and Rudy were great on their predecessors positions tonight. We had a great transfer window as I think, and I'm positive it'll show over the course of the season.
Reschke's departure is a loss, but people make a bigger fuss out of it than necessary

MullerUtd

Lukasz Piszczek you fool, cost me £750, well at least Dortmund unbeaten home record against German team is still intact and I profit £140 from this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.