Giant Explosion In Lebanon

DavidDeSchmikes

Lebanon's finance minister has resigned from his position following protests and the explosion in Beirut.

GloryHunter07

The politics and administration of the country are extremely dysfunctional. This is a decent read on how this manifests in the butchering of basic services -https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.nyt...ddleeast/lebanon-protests-corruption.amp.html

On the other hand, it’s not a country where some kind of grand cover-up would be easy to sustain. It’s not a dictatorship where one party controls the narrative, its politics are riven by factionalism and fluid, ever-shifting alliances. So if one particular faction bears some responsibility there is every incentive for their rivals to ensure it is known. Yet so far there seems to be little if any finger-pointing of that nature.
Interesting read, thanks

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

1:10 - closest video taken to the actual explosion site that I have yet seen, inside the port itself & right across the water from the building that remained standing (video is from the north-ish, I think).

Chief123

1:10 - closest video taken to the actual explosion site that I have yet seen, inside the port itself & right across the water from the building that remained standing (video is from the north-ish, I think).
Wow!!! All those people in the video! :(

I’ve never seen something so big captured on camera like this before. Clearly we have footage of 9/11 or the Tsunami in 2006, but not on such a personal level. Dozens of different angles from people just going about their daily lives.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I’ve never seen something so big captured on camera like this before. Clearly we have footage of 9/11 or the Tsunami in 2006, but not on such a personal level. Dozens of different angles from people just going about their daily lives.
On the other hand, that is big brother accomplishment

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Destroying any remaining evidence I guess.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It's in an oil and tires warehouse. No one injured and no explosion danger according to the Lebanese Red Cross, which is good I guess.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
This time I was at the office and saw the fire first hand. Man feck this country :lol: