Gif Request Thread

Loublaze

ATLien
Most fouls in present football are not enough to deck an athlete. But you're right about that in a way - sometimes you have to dive to get one and Fellaini didn't. Our players didn't appeal because a) we were already comfortable, b) there wasn't a great deal of danger seeing as Gouffran was covered after a couple of seconds anyway.

I can't believe I've just lost half an hour to discuss a completely meaningless, 10 seconds' incident in a game we won 4-0.
Both a and b are flawed. It doesn't matter how comfortable you are in a game, players will call for fouls all day long. It also means you assume these players get complacent when they're in a comfortable lead, like feck it, we're leading anyway, or feck it, we got him covered anyway. If he struck that ball well he could've scored on another day. It was Cisse btw

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Never a foul. Didn't even complain to the ref about it. I wonder why.
He takes out the player before playing the ball, I don't see how that's not a foul regardless of who appealed.

However I just read the previous page and am clearly not going to get anywhere with this argument so we'll just agree to disagree.

Loublaze

ATLien
He takes out the player before playing the ball, I don't see how that's not a foul regardless of who appealed.

However I just read the previous page and am clearly not going to get anywhere with this argument so we'll just agree to disagree.
Clearly we see things differently. The ref didn't give it, no one complained. It wasn't a foul. Its probably going to happen again with this liability.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's an absolutely blatant foul. Can't believe anyone would try to argue it wasn't. Unless conceding the point would be problematic in their black and white world where "LOL Fellaini's just shit, innit"

Of course, that has feck all to do with whether or not Fellaini could have protected the ball better. He definitely could and should have.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Elbow in his back, knee up his arse, he's moved a couple of yards, the ball is stationary until Cisse or whoever picks it up. Shitty attitude or not, that's a pretty clear foul in my opinion. A smaller and lighter player would have gone to the ground there.

Annahnomoss

Clear foul. but very poor attitude from Fellaini who has to either learn to go down simply like Busquets who is also pretty tall and robust - or he needs to fight harder.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It was a foul but it was an absolutely horrendous touch. At least when Berbatov was as lethargic as that he had complete control of the ball.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You can see he took a glance to the left, so his first touch was intended to shield the ball away from anyone coming from that direction. Obviously had no clue that Cisse was sneaking up behind him. A shout from one of his team-mates (I'm looking at you, Fletch) would have helped. As would a better idea in his head of who was around him when he went to receive the pass. Blatant foul aside, it wasn't his touch that let him down, so much as a lack of awareness.

You do wonder sometimes if his bouffant hairdo interferes with his peripheral vision and/or hearing...

Eugenius

Why are you all arguing whether it was a foul or not? It was completely irrelevant, he could have equally have been dispossessed as easily by a fair tackle. The fact that Cisse may have unnecessarily fouled him in the process is a red herring. Coincidentally, had Fellaini been in full control of the ball when Cisse makes that tackle, 99% of the time he's going to get the foul for that.

If he's clearly not going to be suited to playing in the deeper CM positions for us if he wants that much time on the ball always and displays such a lack of awareness. He's far too languid given his size and lack of technical ability to compensate.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You can see he took a glance to the left, so his first touch was intended to shield the ball away from anyone coming from that direction. Obviously had no clue that Cisse was sneaking up behind him. A shout from one of his team-mates (I'm looking at you, Fletch) would have helped. As would a better idea in his head of who was around him when he went to receive the pass. Blatant foul aside, it wasn't his touch that let him down, so much as a lack of awareness.

You do wonder sometimes if his bouffant hairdo interferes with his peripheral vision and/or hearing...

:lol:

Annahnomoss

Pathetic. This is why modern football, its players, and its fans are shit.
I agree. Unfortunately nobody changes the rules to ban diving and in general acting like a three year old girl and throw team-tantrums to the referee. So we don't have much choice.

NM

Why are you all arguing whether it was a foul or not? It was completely irrelevant, he could have equally have been dispossessed as easily by a fair tackle. The fact that Cisse may have unnecessarily fouled him in the process is a red herring. Coincidentally, had Fellaini been in full control of the ball when Cisse makes that tackle, 99% of the time he's going to get the foul for that.

If he's clearly not going to be suited to playing in the deeper CM positions for us if he wants that much time on the ball always and displays such a lack of awareness. He's far too languid given his size and lack of technical ability to compensate.
He couldn't, unless going in from behind on somebody is now fair.

Eugenius

He couldn't, unless going in from behind on somebody is now fair.
He doesn't even need to touch Fellaini. Fellaini hasn't seen Cisse, and if he waited half a second instead of ploughing into Fellaini, the ball was perfectly placed to nick it away cleanly.

NM

He doesn't even need to touch Fellaini. Fellaini hasn't seen Cisse, and if he waited half a second instead of ploughing into Fellaini, the ball was perfectly placed to nick it away cleanly.
Now we are going into hypothetical scenarios.:lol:

Any other player, and we would have been screaming for a foul

Eugenius

Now we are going into hypothetical scenarios.:lol:

Any other player, and we would have been screaming for a foul
Not really, if Cisse was Mata and he proceeded to twat it in from 25 yards for us, we wouldn't be saying that was a foul (see Rooney on Tomkins). On balance, I'd give the foul if I was the ref.

Once again though, the foul isn't the issue. It's the bad touch (and the resulting lack of effort) that is the problem. Fellaini's body is not between Cisse and the ball therefore Cisse can win ball without fouling him, just that he does foul him doesn't excuse the poor passage of play.

If we can't discuss hypothetical scenarios, then why are we even discussing it at all? They didn't score from it after all.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Football is a contact sport. It's a crying shame people are seriously saying that is a foul. Fellaini isn't aware of Cisse's positioning and because of that the barge knocks him a bit, if he was aware he wouldn't have even moved, there wasn't much force in it. If that is a foul then we may as well make it a non-contact sport.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Football is a contact sport. It's a crying shame people are seriously saying that is a foul. Fellaini isn't aware of Cisse's positioning and because of that the barge knocks him a bit, if he was aware he wouldn't have even moved, there wasn't much force in it. If that is a foul then we may as well make it a non-contact sport.
I agree, but sadly in today's football world - that is a foul in my book. Not alot of contact made with the ball from Cisse compared to the amount he made contact with Fellaini.

redevil2

foul or no foul Fellainin's attitude here is just poor.
Agreed! Not sure how to train someone's attitude. He is a player with average skill, average football talent, average style, no charisma, gutless, and bad attitude... What does Moyes see in him that we don't see I have no idea.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Olly's Gif
Dear me...how did Jones think he could touch the ball, there? If he wasn't this reckless, he could have taken care of Cisse.

Then again, that crazy moment wouldn't have brought out the amazing save from Lindegaard. That save was eye candy, for me.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
foul or no foul Fellainin's attitude here is just poor.
There are many things wrong with that, Downright lazy, Terrible touch, no awareness of the opposition player when the defender is cushioning a header for you, wrong body position to receive the ball from the defender, incredibly stupid attitude to give up not only on the ball and Cisse but also not bothering to cover the other Newcastle players ending up walking towards your goal when Cisse was still in possession of the ball, being Fellaini, having a bad haircut etc etc.

The main point is whether or not it's a foul. These things are 50-50 in many cases and depends on multiple factors like the referee's view of the incident. There's a fecking reason why the ref has the whistle and why Fellaini is a player on the field. You always play to the whistle. Ronaldo used to do it a lot in his final season and many here slated him for it, rightfully so. Who do you think you are Fellaini? Berbatov? oh wait.