Gif Request Thread

CrypticClash

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think Wellbeck may have overhit the pass too but Rooney didnt look himself at all.
Don't think it was overhit. It took a huge bobble, though. Might well have made the ball change direction as well as pop up in the air. That's why Rooney couldn't sort his feet out. The second goal against WHU shows how well he can sort his feet out when the ball comes at him in a straight line. The miss was really out of character.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Look at Kagawa for the first one, gotta feel sorry for him, ridiculous decision making. Even if he wanted to score all by himself, he should shoot much earlier.
Nah, he obviously wanted to play Kagawa in but Lahm's positioning was perfect. That's what put Rooney in two minds. By the time he decided the pass wasn't on, it was all a bit too late. A lot of people talking about Rooney being selfish or wanting glory in that incident but that's retarded logic IMO. He's never shy of playing in a better positioned team-mate. Sometimes not selfish enough, if anything.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, he was slow, not saying he was selfish. Best option would be to shoot after he saw Kagawa marked, or to pass when he opted for shot. It was stupid decision making, if that was Nani everyone would say his decision making is poor.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Yeah, he was slow, not saying he was selfish. Best option would be to shoot after he saw Kagawa marked, or to pass when he opted for shot. It was stupid decision making, if that was Nani everyone would say his decision making is poor.
Only because Nani has a history of fecking up situations like that. Rooney usually gets those decisions right. Which is why Lahm deserves a lot of credit.

SiRed

Nani would have smashed that in with his left peg, no doubt.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Only because Nani has a history of fecking up situations like that. Rooney usually gets those decisions right. Which is why Lahm deserves a lot of credit.
It was good defending by Lahm, but Rooney had an open goal after Boateng fell on his arse, but he was incredibly slow to react, allowing Lahm to read what he was trying to do. Lahm didn't even try to block his shot which really tells you everything about Rooney's agility and use of left foot there, and how predictable he was. He really has no excuse there. Look what happens when you are quick with your feet even though there is no support from your teammates at all:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Nah, he obviously wanted to play Kagawa in but Lahm's positioning was perfect. That's what put Rooney in two minds. By the time he decided the pass wasn't on, it was all a bit too late. A lot of people talking about Rooney being selfish or wanting glory in that incident but that's retarded logic IMO. He's never shy of playing in a better positioned team-mate. Sometimes not selfish enough, if anything.
I agree Rooney isn't selfish but in that instance he was. Watch it again, there is a point where he does a little dummy and Lahm falls for it, there is a clear chance then for him to slip Kagawa in with a simple ball but he doesn't. There is a definite opportunity that he misses out on to play in Kagawa.

ManUtd43vr

@Hannibal

Rooney's first "miss" (the one where he could have passed to Kagawa)
http://gfycat.com/CleverHeavenlyLadybird 21mb 1024x576

Rooney's second miss
http://gfycat.com/ElasticDistortedDugong 11mb 1024x576
For the second one, who was the player who flicked to welbeck? Antonio valencia was probably the one who crossed into this guy. Also, could you find Rooney's view for this attempt? Maybe that would clear up what happened; if there was a wobble or not and how much of an open goal he missed.

Last edited:

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
I was being sarcastic. :D

For the second one, who was the player who flicked to welbeck? Antonio valencia was probably the one who crossed into this guy. Also, could you find Rooney's view for this attempt? Maybe that would clear up what happened; if there was a wobble or not and how much of an open goal he missed.
Valencia with the flick to Welbeck, Jones with the initial cross. Don't think the showed a replay so this is the only angle available.

ManUtd43vr

I think he could have still passed to Kagawa for an open shot. Rooney was very close to Lahm, legs spread, who could have been easily nutmegged and Kagawa would have been free. It was definitely uncharacteristic of Rooney. You could see his disappointment. Those two goals if they had happened could have broken Bayern. We came really close.

Nani would have smashed that in with his left peg, no doubt.
Maybe it was his left toe that was broken and so he tried to get it to his right side.

Valencia with the flick to Welbeck, Jones with the initial cross. Don't think the showed a replay so this is the only angle available.
Oh good lord! Valencia can do that!

The Azzurri

Gif of the advertisement board flying off in all directions during the hull v arsenal game?

Sylar

I swear the only worthy gif from the United game, would be the De Gea save... again.

The Azzurri

Gif of the Heinandez missed chance towards the end of the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
I don't remember the exact time, but I think it was around half way through the second half, when Phil "God" Jones ran like there was no tomorrow for an overlap on the right wing - could possibly be an awesome gif. I think he pretty much won us the match with that run, even if he didn't actually get the ball, that's how powerful the guy is.

CrypticClash

Gif of the Heinandez missed chance towards the end of the game?
http://gfycat.com/NextMagnificentGroundbeetle 20mb 1280x720

I don't remember the exact time, but I think it was around half way through the second half, when Phil "God" Jones ran like there was no tomorrow for an overlap on the right wing - could possibly be an awesome gif. I think he pretty much won us the match with that run, even if he didn't actually get the ball, that's how powerful the guy is.
I'm not sure if that's the one you wanted. Sorry for stopping the gif in a weird moment, but the goalie has stopped the shot anyway.
http://gfycat.com/MemorableImmediateElkhound 26mb

Rooney's ball to Valencia in the 32nd, right before Cleverley's whiff.
http://gfycat.com/FaintThornyDeviltasmanian - 20mb - Cleverley shot included.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
@The Azzurri
Did you make the gifs and if so, where do you get your streams from? Really nice quality, frame rate seems v good in the second stream.

MkPaul

learnt from the best

Can somebody edit that ^ to this below but replace internet with "RedCafe"

I think it will be needed this summer :lol: