Gina Carano dropped from The Mandalorian, announces movie project with Shapiro's Daily Wire

AkaAkuma

Ive not gone down the rabbit hole but based on the article it sounds like she speaks before fully appreciating the full picture. Shes appologised in the past when being correctly informed.

As for her comments about society needing to change to allow nazism, i think its an ok avenue, she should be educated at this point rather than being flamed.

But as i said ive not gone down this rabbit hole so there may be more context.

AkaAkuma

so...
  1. she might be anti mask. she tweeted 'meanwhille in california' to caption a person wearing multiple masks.
  2. she put beep/bop/boo in her twitter bio. later apologising when she had the trans explanation.
  3. relating the us political climate to pre-nazism.
  4. spoke about moving her social to parler.
There are definate red flags, but i feel she's not been overtly 'abhorrent' to cultural and relgious people in society as lucasfilms comment spoke of.

Sylar

She's really weird, and it does seem like her posts are there to upset / rile people and let her have a laugh due to it.
The nazi post was crazy

I mean it's her social media so she's free to post what she wants but she also has to know there will be consequences if you keep pushing that

mu4c_20le

I've liked her since her Strikeforce days. Very disappointed at how she's gone full cuckoo after becoming politically radicalized.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Now that she's fired she'll probably go off the deep end.

Parma Dewol

Always a shame to see someone lose their job, yet outside of her social media antics, I thought she was the weakest link on the show. Her scenes never quite seemed natural to me, and the character always came across as forced in my opinion. Haven't seen Carano in anything else, but I get the feeling Mando season three will be even better without her.

Ainu

I liked the character, so it's a shame. How hard is it to not act like a complete idiot on social media? She brought this on herself.

AaronRedDevil

Fecking idiot. Seriously, I don’t understand how people throw away there lives for political shit that wouldn’t ever benefit them. Could have had a brilliant career with Star Wars and her own damn show, but nah she don’t like easy things. She was one of my favourite characters in Mandalorian. She got a warning the first time. Just why!?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not surprised she’s gone. I’m guessing Disney/Lucasfilm had enough of her this time so got rid, given her previous statements it felt like it was a matter of time.

I’m assuming they will recast the character?

stevoc

No idea why world famous actors/directors post shit on social media that could affect their career. Her comparison probably is more ill thought out than outright offensive but i suppose it's just been an accumulation of bad PR that got her the boot.

I don't hold any particularly crazy political views (at least i don't think i do) and even if i wasn't self employed i still wouldn't post political shit publicly in case it affected my job.

How hard is it to just not post stuff on social media?

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
feck with the mouse and lose your house. I can’t imagine what was going on her head that she would make a post equating anything to the Jews during the Holocaust nevermind republicans. Not only did she lose mando, she lost (rumoured to be) her own tv show in rangers of the new republic.

As Del Boy would say, “what a maroon”.

evil_geko

She is fired because of some tweets on social media and Amber Heard stays employed and even rumored for some big Star Wars role after assaults. Ok.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Not surprised she’s gone. I’m guessing Disney/Lucasfilm had enough of her this time so got rid, given her previous statements it felt like it was a matter of time.

I’m assuming they will recast the character?
Probably not. They can just introduce different characters and change the storyline slightly

She is fired because of some tweets on social media and Amber Heard stays employed and even rumored for some big Star Wars role after assaults. Ok.
Disney has probably been contemplating getting rid of Carano for a while and this has just pushed her over the edge.

padzilla

Hipster
She seems absolutely bonkers if she thought posting all that stuff wouldn't have consequences in the current climate. It's sad to see anyone losing their job but I can't imagine her tweets weren't flagged up until now with Disney, she must have idiots advising or managing her - but then again who's going to risk telling her off.

Bojan11

She should have been sacked for being a shit actress. Her and Rousey can’t act, so they’d probably need to beg Dana/Vince for a payday anytime soon.

b82REZ

You are best off ignoring his opinions on stuff like this.

Trust me on that, only a select few on here seem to care about people like him enough to actually call it out. It's easier to turn a blind eye I guess.
But she could easily play Abby in a Last of Us film...

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I wish her well but her acting was shit, so the show is better off, at least.

AaronRedDevil

I wish her well but her acting was shit, so the show is better off, at least.
She was still good with her character. It was nice having an actually strong female character for once. Rather then the super models. Such a stupid thing to say. What an idiot.

Ainu

Trust me on that, only a select few on here seem to care about people like him enough to actually call it out. It's easier to turn a blind eye I guess.
I probably should know better after the The Last of Us 2 thread.

evil_geko

What does Amber Heard have to do with any of this? Textbook whataboutism.
More like, textbook double standards. And "whataboutism" is one of the cringiest words I have ever seen.

Me pointing out double standards is "opinion" now. Ok. Didn't expect to read anything logical from you to be honest.

Ainu

More like, textbook double standards. And "whataboutism" is one of the cringiest words I have ever seen.
Double standards from whom? Amber Heard has nothing to do with The Mandalorian's direction. And how is that one of the cringiest words you've ever seen? I mean, I'm not a native English speaker but I've always been led to believe it's a perfectly normal word. Please enlighten me.

evil_geko

Double standards from whom? Amber Heard has nothing to do with The Mandalorian's direction. And how is that one of the cringiest words you've ever seen? I mean, I'm not a native English speaker but I've always been led to believe it's a perfectly normal word. Please enlighten me.
Double standards from whom? Are people really stripped of clear thinking these days? Bloody hell, I can't anymore.

AkaAkuma

Yup and they will lap it up and splaff a fortune on Gina (anti -woke) warrior princess t-shirt featuring her craziest tweets... if she goes full Q she and the wwe will make millions from their fans
She'd need a woke opponent for it to work. Give them a creepy manager for good measure.

Ainu

Double standards from whom? Are people really stripped of clear thinking these days? Bloody hell, I can't anymore.
You're doing that same thing as in The Last of Us 2 thread again where you refuse to react to the actual content of people's posts and then act as if you've explained yourself clearly enough.

evil_geko

You're doing that same thing as in The Last of Us 2 thread again where you refuse to react to the actual content of people's posts and then act as if you've explained yourself clearly enough.
What actual content? Should I waste my time and explain what "double standards" mean? Are we children here?