Giovani Lo Celso / season long loan to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Replacement for Eriksen I assume.

Darlington Padgett

Weird player. He's a good dribbler but then his passing is a bit rubbish. He beats players for fun through the middle but then he hesitates to play through balls as though he doesn't trust his ability to do so. Even though his dribbling is good he does over do it most of the time.
The weirest part is that his passing was his best attribute when he started

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is decent with a big potential, people didn't really understand why PSG loaned him with a purchase clause, particularly when they lacked numbers in midfield.

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Was very good for Betis. I like him. He is worth a punt for any team in the world.

Yagami

Good post resistant
agree with this. Him and Candles were both very impressive this season, and I've never really rated Canales before. Carvalho was better than expected, too.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
South Americans seem to do so well at our club.......said nobody ever.

No thanks. We're still trying to get our £55m Brazilian midfielder to resemble a PL player right now. Don't think I can take another one.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's been great for Betis everytime I've seen them this season.

No idea what PSG were smoking when they loaned him out.

You see this is where foreign clubs are smarter than English ones. He's out of favour at PSG, Betis take the chance and get him for realistic amount and now they're going to double their money by flogging him to English club.

Will need to adapt to the hustle of prem but can see him at Spurs certainly.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

You see this is where foreign clubs are smarter than English ones. He's out of favour at PSG, Betis take the chance and get him for realistic amount and now they're going to double their money by flogging him to English club.

I’m actually a little surprised we (Spurs) didn’t jump on this earlier. As we’ve been having decent success with going after PSG castoffs like Lucas and Aurier.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Tbf Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea did it with Lucas, Aurier, Sanchez and Fabregas.

Patchbeard

Was bemused when I realised PSG had effectively got rid last summer. Admittedly only really saw him in one game for PSG... but he did look very tidy against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu. 16 goals in 45 games this season too, thought he was more of a playmaker than finisher, anyone know if he was on penalties and freekicks?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was bemused when I realised PSG had effectively got rid last summer. Admittedly only really saw him in one game for PSG... but he did look very tidy against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu. 16 goals in 45 games this season too, thought he was more of a playmaker than finisher, anyone know if he was on penalties and freekicks?
Canales takes the penalties for Betis although can remember Lo Celso scoring one.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Lots of people who have probably watched him more than me seem to think he is very good, so maybe he is. But in the few games I have seen, he has been unimpressive.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I suggested him as a top hiring. I knew this guy before he had joined PSG and I know he is an exciting talent to watch.

izec

i'd take him. He is from Argentina, so some on here wont be pleased. I expect him to play against Colombia tomorrow if anyone wants some scouting to do.

What i like about this is that we have him on our radar for quite some time, so he wouldnt be an out of the blue kind of buy

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I like him as a player though, looks like he's got a great weight of pass to play James in :drool:

AJ10

He's likely to go for a high figure as he is Betis' best player imo and they have to pay a fee to PSG.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Spurs' offer of 53m pounds got rejected. he has a 89m pounds release clause, so 66m pounds seems like it could be true.
Yeah when I did the conversion, 66m is actually quite reasonable. Even looking at Transfermarkt for his value, it's 45m.

JoaquinJoaquin

I like him, think he is a very good midfielder. But him and Fred in a midfield would scare the living daylights out of me, as both can lose the ball very easily and Lo Celso wouldn't get that extra inch in the Premier League that he gets in La Liga.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I like him, think he is a very good midfielder. But him and Fred in a midfield would scare the living daylights out of me, as both can lose the ball very easily and Lo Celso wouldn't get that extra inch in the Premier League that he gets in La Liga.
Your username always gives me nostalgia of the Betis winger. I was adamant he was the best RW in the world at the time. Simpler times.

izec

Lo Celso's first touch is better though, not so loose as Fred sometimes. They both like to dribble and lose some balls, thats true. The big advantage of Lo Celso is that he is years younger and would adapt to the pace of the league easier coming from Spain than Fred from Ukraine. The gulf in class between the two leagues is huge, while La Liga and PL is a relative easy transition for talented players.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Lo Celso's first touch is better though, not so loose as Fred sometimes. They both like to dribble and lose some balls, thats true. The big advantage of Lo Celso is that he is years younger and would adapt to the pace of the league easier coming from Spain than Fred from Ukraine. The gulf in class between the two leagues is huge, while La Liga and PL is a relative easy transition for talented players.
His touch and technique does look very impressive. Don't think he'd have a problem in the pL.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So classy on the ball and very press resistant. Dribbles a lot though. Lacks the killer instinct in the final third.

Him,Fred,rabiot will be a disaster of midfield. Pair him with more of a traditional DM who will do the dirty work for him, he would be brilliant.

Still think he will prefer CL and Poch above us

JoaquinJoaquin

Your username always gives me nostalgia of the Betis winger. I was adamant he was the best RW in the world at the time. Simpler times.
I'm glad :D. Great winger, and he was without doubt one of the best wingers in the World at one point. Shame we never got to see him in the Premier League really.

Decomposing In Paris

Looks a good player on the highlights (doesn't everyone), and I haven't seen enough of him, but for 75m I'd be hoping for more... I'll be a little underwhelmed if we buy him for that, sell Pogba for less than double that, and Spurs sign Ndombele for around the 60m quoted.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm glad :D. Great winger, and he was without doubt one of the best wingers in the World at one point. Shame we never got to see him in the Premier League really.
I also remember there was a winger called Vicente that played for Valencia in the same period who was highly rated. Both wingers (Vicente & Joaquin) were constantly compared to one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.