Give it Ole until the end of the season...

Robbie Boy

Nah. 4 games I can stand. Even if we win them all in beautiful fashion I doubt the club would be silly enough to re-hire. Then again if there's one club in world that would do it... :nervous:

I've changed my mind. Roy Keane for the last 4 games, please.
Yup, Keaneo all the way. Would be box office.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
No, no, no. Firstly, if you take the red tinted romantic specs off, Ole was a complete disaster the first time around. What does it say about this club if we see him as the answer, even if it is temporary? Let's face it, we could bring in God himself and it wouldn't stop City thumping us in the final. Some of us are in absolute dreamland here. This team and this club deserves absolutely nothing from this season, and sorry to be blunt but you are nothing short of delusional if you think we stand a chance/deserve anything. I actually think it would be bad for our season for us to somehow by some miracle snatch the FA Cup. It might give this awful collection of players false belief and embolden their arrogance. What will happen, is we will limp to the end of the season, and get put in our place by City, and if the club has any sense we will sack ten Hag the moment the final whistle is blown. There is no sense nor logic in sacking him now. For all his shortcomings, the least he deserves is to see out the final he got us to.

God knows what we do in the summer.
A disaster?

FA Cup final
Europa League final
Finished 2nd
Winning record against Pep

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It's a bad idea, in my opinion. I can just see us giving him a permanent deal if he does well, and that wouldn't end well. I almost just think we need to keep temptations like this away from the club because they're liable for making daft decisions. Even if it is Ineos now, even they have procrastinated over ETH and seemingly given him more chances. I'm just not confident in anyone associated with the club making a sensible choice these days.

Robbie Boy

It's a bad idea, in my opinion. I can just see us giving him a permanent deal if he does well, and that wouldn't end well.
Of course we would. Because some of our fanbase are obsessed with the notion that he's some misunderstood managerial genius.

ErikElevenHag

A disaster?

FA Cup final
Europa League final
Finished 2nd
The first 3 you named are failures. How far have we fallen as a club to accept losing in finals as a success. Jesus Christ.

If a winning record against Pep is your greatest success you shouldn't be anywhere near the managerial position of Manchester United.

Robbie Boy

The first 3 you named are failures. How far have we fallen as a club to accept losing in finals as a success. Jesus Christ.

If a winning record against Pep is your greatest success you shouldn't be anywhere near the managerial position of Manchester United.
Not to mention the fact that he never actually made an FA Cup Final...

dave2528

...people just like to selectively remember Ole as he's a good bloke but the end of his tenure wasn't dissimilar to what we're seeing now at all with players giving up/being unprofessional.
Some of the supporter base is all about 5th, 6th, and 7th chances.

I do remember how the squad completely downed tools on Ole at the end because, like EtH, he ran out of ideas and we became league punching bag.

People see a different Ole than what managed here. The last things we need is to take a step backwards by rehiring the last guy the team quit on, even if it is for a handful of matches.

I'd rather the kit lady call the shots.

lysglimt

Scout
I literally cannot believe people want Ole back. He was the worst manager the club has ever had.
I enjoyed the football we played under Ole in periods - I have never enjoyed the football we played under ETH. In addition it took OGS 168 games to lose 40 times - I can promise you that we will lose a lot more than 10 more times if we give ETH 58 games more. He is at 30 defeats in 110 matches.

So no - ETH has been a lot worse

Amir

A disaster?

FA Cup final
Europa League final
Finished 2nd
Disaster is probably too big a word.

But, those were still wasted seasons, that ended up with no trophies, wasted money and a problem squad that was not set up to win things with someone else either.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Of course we would. Because some of our fanbase are obsessed with the notion that he's some misunderstood managerial genius.
Those that backed Ole till the end, and now also ETH, must be surely reflecting on their opinions by now! It's been the most infuriating and tragic time trying to argue with these people who seemingly have zero expectations or standards for the club. Like I've said many times, if the fans aren't driving the standards then how the feck can you expect the Glazers/Ineos to do the same? Our support doesn't even realise it but we are a huge part of the issues over the last 10 years.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I literally cannot believe people want Ole back. He was the worst manager the club has ever had.
Is this a joke? We played by far the best football under him, finished 2nd in the league. Best H2H with pep. Longest unbeaten away run which we all know is very difficult on the road. Alls that was missing was a trophy which we just needed a bit of luck in the finals.

Robbie Boy

Disaster is probably too big a word.
Personally, I would class every single post-Fergie manager as a disaster.

Every one of their tenures has ended abysmally (except for LvG, I guess) and they've all been backed but delivered nothing of note. Then when they're sacked, all the talk is about how we will shift the shower of shite that they bought, and we are back into a perpetual 'rebuild' where we might fluke a 2nd or 3rd place finish, before the house of sand inevitably comes crashing down yet again. Meanwhile, plenty of fans shamelessly laud these managers and their 'achievements'.

ErikElevenHag

Is this a joke? We played by far the best football under him, finished 2nd in the league. Best H2H with pep. Longest unbeaten away run which we all know is very difficult on the road. Alls that was missing was a trophy which we just needed a bit of luck in the finals.
All that was missing was the thing that really matters to any top club, in that case lets get him back!!

Robbie Boy

Those that backed Ole till the end, and now also ETH, must be surely reflecting on their opinions by now! It's been the most infuriating and tragic time trying to argue with these people who seemingly have zero expectations or standards for the club. Like I've said many times, if the fans aren't driving the standards then how the feck can you expect the Glazers/Ineos to do the same? Our support doesn't even realise it but we are a huge part of the issues over the last 10 years.
I fully agree with this. Imagine celebrating a poor 2nd place finish and being "one penalty kick away from beating Villareal in the EL" - I find it all so mystifying. I've found the defences for all of our post-Fergie managers utterly bewildering.

Robbie Boy

He made 1 final.

Idxomer

Out of all the post-Fergie managers, LVG was the one who fared best under this type of circumstances.

I wouldn't bring him back, of course.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Our fans have the weirdest relationships with our failed managers. Imagine seriously suggesting bringing back a bloke who won absolutely nothing despite being here 3 years. But, he did win the illustrious "beating Pep 3 times" trophy, I guess.
Yeah, it's an odd one. Sort of like the scouse Benitez love-in pre-Klopp, but at least the FSW won them old big ears, so it was semi-understandable. None of our post SAF have been anywhere near it.
And imagine if he came back and fluked a win in the final. A fair portion of this place would become absolutely unbearable - yet again - with their pro-Ole propaganda. I have zero doubt they would genuinely be calling for him to get the full time gig.
Some swashbuckling counter-attacking football, scoring 10+ goals in the 4 games, winning the FA Cup and I am 100% convinced there'd be a fair amount of calls on here (& elsewhere) to give him another chance...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
When you say 'bad for us as a club', the reality is when he leaves, which will be this summer almost undoubtedly, his tenure will have been more successful than most that have come before him because his time is being capped at an appropriate moment. 1st season, he is the first manager post SAF to win a trophy whilst also finishing top 4 (as sad as that is, it is a fact) and second season we all assume will be a low league finish and no trophy = a disaster but the key is when the time comes for him to be sacked, we will not be going into another season with someone we know - for whatever reason - is not right for the club. The club did this with Jose in the Jose/Ole season and it killed us, they then did it again with Ole/Ragnick.

I'm not sure any coaches post SAF have been 'good' for the club long term, but ETH certainly won't be the worst if he leaves now. Play style I agree it's up there with the worst we've played but it's really not that different from latter days Ole and Ragnick, people just like to selectively remember Ole as he's a good bloke but the end of his tenure wasn't dissimilar to what we're seeing now at all with players giving up/being unprofessional.
What I mean by that is that it's gonna be very difficult to dig us out of the rut he'll be leaving us in, because in my view virtually all of his signings will need replacing sooner rather than later. More difficult than any of his predecessors I think which is going to really damage the long term health of the club, the Casemiro and Antony signings have seriously hampered our ability to rebuild this squad, Antony might be the most damaging post-SAF era signing full stop.

Robbie Boy

Some swashbuckling counter-attacking football, scoring 10+ goals in the 4 games, winning the FA Cup and I am 100% convinced there'd be a fair amount of calls on here (& elsewhere) to give him another chance...
The thing is, I'm not even sure he would even have any kind of positive effect. I mean, he came into the club mid-season last time with the whole morale of the team in complete dissaray, because of Mourinho being an utter cnut. I think anyone coming in that was prepared to pander to the players, was already off to a winning start. This time around, we are just absolutely shite. There isn't that same toxic atmosphere that Jose created.

DJ_21

All that was missing was the thing that really matters to any top club, in that case lets get him back!!
But I think fans would rather enjoy watching us every week and sacrifice a trophy which was bound to come anyway. He got us in the highest position in the league along with Jose but played better football. ETHs first season was probably the best since Fergie but that’s partly down to other teams being awful.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Ole will need to bring a trampoline with him if he arrives the second time for that manager bounce we’re expecting

DJ_21

Somebody else mentioned he made an FA Cup Final. I was actually starting to think that I was going mad!
Ye I seen that and had to question my self. He did make progress though, finished 3rd then 2nd. If only we beat Sevilla in the final.

Robbie Boy

Ye I seen that and had to question my self. He did make progress though, finished 3rd then 2nd. If only we beat Sevilla in the final.
Villareal. And to be honest, when you look at the two teams that were fielded, we should have been winning that game in 120 minutes.

I'm not so sure about progress. He made progress vs himself but still didn't manage to get to Jose's points total and the 2nd place finish was a season littered with red flags.

LInkash

I'd definitely take it, the period under Ole was the most joy I had a fan post-Fergie.

For people who are concerned that he'd be given the job full-time if he did well, if INEOS really did that, there'd be no hope at all so you'd like to think they'd be sensible. What would be the point of appointing all the best in class execs when you'd going to make a decision like that.

Abraxas

Someone on TalkSport said give it Martin O'Neill!

Has more sense than this, good manager in his day.

Personally would not bother, I think the players will get themselves up for a cup final. Doubt we'll win but we'll perform better.

tomaldinho1

What I mean by that is that it's gonna be very difficult to dig us out of the rut he'll be leaving us in, because in my view virtually all of his signings will need replacing sooner rather than later. More difficult than any of his predecessors I think which is going to really damage the long term health of the club, the Casemiro and Antony signings have seriously hampered our ability to rebuild this squad, Antony might be the most damaging post-SAF era signing full stop.
Disagree strongly, purely because there has at least been a tilt towards younger players this time. It's only really Case who is in the bracket of having no resale value, guys like Antony, Mount etc. if they are sold should still get a half decent fee given their age.

I think most signings have actually been fine, Antony is the real disappointment, but I think Hojlund, Onana, Martinez, Malacia are all going to be around a while or will get decent fees when sold. That's really it, the rest have been bargain bin signings like Eriksen and Evans.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The thing is, I'm not even sure he would even have any kind of positive effect. I mean, he came into the club mid-season last time with the whole morale of the team in complete dissaray, because of Mourinho being an utter cnut. I think anyone coming in that was prepared to pander to the players, was already off to a winning start. This time around, we are just absolutely shite. There isn't that same toxic atmosphere that Jose created.
Yeah, a decade of mismanagement at the very highest level, coupled with an incoherent footballing strategy, a culture lacking accountability whilst rewarding mediocrity and the appointment/signings of inadequate managers/players = where we are right now.

2, 5, 7 years ago, we could at least somewhat spend our way into a new strategy, but we don't even have that luxury anymore.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Disagree strongly, purely because there has at least been a tilt towards younger players this time. It's only really Case who is in the bracket of having no resale value, guys like Antony, Mount etc. if they are sold should still get a half decent fee given their age.

I think most signings have actually been fine, Antony is the real disappointment, but I think Hojlund, Onana, Martinez, Malacia are all going to be around a while or will get decent fees when sold. That's really it, the rest have been bargain bin signings like Eriksen and Evans.
I think all three of the bolded players will be either sold or be phased out within 2 seasons, personally. Can't see us getting decent fees for Mount or Antony due to their wages (a tale as old as time at this club).

ErikElevenHag

But I think fans would rather enjoy watching us every week and sacrifice a trophy which was bound to come anyway. He got us in the highest position in the league along with Jose but played better football. ETHs first season was probably the best since Fergie but that’s partly down to other teams being awful.
Stop re-writing history to suit your ole driven agenda. You disparage ETH finishing third because as you've stated 'other teams being awful' yet the reality is by that standard the same can be applied to Ole finishing second. Liverpool were well out of the champions league all season and went unbeaten in their last 10 games to manage to climb into them. They lost 6 games in a row at anfield, which is unheard of in the klopp era. Arsenal were 10th most of the season, spurs were spurs and chelsea trailed Leicester most of the season and pipped them at the end when the wheels came off, so Ole was equally as lucky then I suppose.

I also take exception to the football being good under ole, it looked great when we played a team who would dominate the ball and let us counter, it was equally as bad when we faced a team who used a low block, absolutely no idea and no creativity to break that down. Do you think he has somehow solved that riddle in his time away from management?

Ole was a failure, but for some reason he has a weird **** who worship the ground he walks on as Manchester United manager (similar to the **** of martial who for some reason defend him even though his body is made of crackers) despite the fact that when it really boils down to it he was an abstract failure, he never won anything and didn't really put his mark on the team in anyway. ETH is a more successful manchester united manager than ole was and he needs to go too.

If we walked it back and got ole back in any form of full time capacity i'd seriously considering letting my season ticket go, thankfully I don't think INEOS are that stupid.

Tarrou

wouldn't be against it just for last few games

Ole was pretty good at parking the bus against City

Tap

Ole is not good enough but even he could comfortably achieve a positive goal difference in the league.

The bald dutch fraud in charge now has comfortably got to be one of the worst.

wolvored

Remember how we all felt his last season? The humiliation of regular getting beaten and thumped by 'lesser' teams? Why the feck would you want that again? No thanks.

ErikElevenHag

Remember how we all felt his last season? The humiliation of regular getting beaten and thumped by 'lesser' teams? Why the feck would you want that again? No thanks.
Because he won the more head to head wins vs pep guardiola trophy....

Robbie Boy

Imagine someone told you 11 years ago that some fans would be pining over a manager who had a failed 3 year tenure, but had a decent H2H record vs the City manager. Standards eh :(