Give Ole some credit, strikers have been poor, especially last night

Lee565

After that then people will want to replace Maguire and AWB. Then De Gea is old. Then Rashford isn't good enough. Once we have a full team of FIFA Ultimate Team Gold Cards (or whatever they are) we can judge him.
This 100% and yet its so called ole in fans calling the ole out fans plastics....

Alek M

Da manic one
One other point of this thread is that after this weekend, the team responded. They played hard for Ole and delivered.

Ole adjusted, by dropping Pogba.

0-2 was not a fair result.

There was a great movement off the ball, Bruno was top last night spraying passes.

Flytan

One other point of this thread is that after this weekend, the team responded. They played hard for Ole and delivered.

Ole adjusted, by dropping Pogba.

0-2 was not a fair result.

There was a great movement off the ball, Bruno was top last night spraying passes.
It was a fair result for the first half. They were cutting us open in the midfield and defense. When Demiral went off injured (missing 6 starters), they looked incredibly stretched and we played good football, but to say they didn't deserve the scoreline in the first half is a lie. They played hard in the second half, but there's no reason it should have come to that under the circumstances.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
It was a fair result for the first half. They were cutting us open in the midfield and defense. When Demiral went off injured (missing 6 starters), they looked incredibly stretched and we played good football, but to say they didn't deserve the scoreline in the first half is a lie. They played hard in the second half, but there's no reason it should have come to that under the circumstances.
You....don't think we created chances to score more than one goal in the first half?

ndkhoa2020

Absolute no, Bruno last night entered GOD mode and provided 9 KEY PASSED to avoid playing Europa League, this is a record of a game of CL this year too. Surely he can't keep delivering the same peak performance in next matches to save Ole instead he figure out the way to save himself.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We were down 0-2 last night.

We played some attacking football, quick movement in midfield, Bruno was shredding their defense. We missed at least 5 sitters

- Fred needed a better bend but scorable
- Ronaldo 1v1 miss at the gk
- Rashford rushed his shot and hit the bar where he just needed to cut to the left
- Bruno miss
- McTominay post (not the easiest, but scorable)

Had this game finished with us losing or draw it would have been Ole out brigade. But we were excellent attacking wise. Defense was an issue, Lindeloff had a nightmare, Shaw is a terrible defender, and still waiting to hear what productive he has done offensively over the last 2 years. Had Varane been there, maybe one or both goals would not have happened.

The team was working hard, Pogba being out enabled lot more tracking back and pressing. Ole had the balls to drop Pogba.

Rashford really need to put away the easy chances like the one he was offside.
The absolute state of this :lol:

Sylar

Young Boys, Everton, Villa, Southampton, West Ham? Not the most thrilling matches.
All upto your own definition
West Ham certainly was thrilling. You could say the end of villa was too.

Again that's a few games anyway that are arguable. Would you really say we've been dull this season?

Withnail

In general we aren't creating enough clear cut chances and have been defensively poor this season, regardless of whether Rashford was clinical last night or not.

Bit of a weird thread tbh.

Giggsyking

He deserves no credit. He had world class players on the bench who came on, the opposition is a mediocre team who is missing 6 players. It was an uneven fight.

RedDevil@84

We were down 0-2 last night.

We played some attacking football, quick movement in midfield, Bruno was shredding their defense. We missed at least 5 sitters

- Fred needed a better bend but scorable
- Ronaldo 1v1 miss at the gk
- Rashford rushed his shot and hit the bar where he just needed to cut to the left
- Bruno miss
- McTominay post (not the easiest, but scorable)

Had this game finished with us losing or draw it would have been Ole out brigade. But we were excellent attacking wise. Defense was an issue, Lindeloff had a nightmare, Shaw is a terrible defender, and still waiting to hear what productive he has done offensively over the last 2 years. Had Varane been there, maybe one or both goals would not have happened.

The team was working hard, Pogba being out enabled lot more tracking back and pressing. Ole had the balls to drop Pogba.

Rashford really need to put away the easy chances like the one he was offside.
So debit from players account for being down 0-2
Credit to Ole's account for winning 3-2

the chameleon

The guy gets no credit at this point. He’s sitting in a role he shouldn’t be in. Relying on individual brilliance to bail him out.

There are two types of chefs at home. Those who grab a bunch of ingredients and cook something. Most of the times it’s a crap mish mash. Occasionally, it can be the tastiest meal. When you ask them what the ingredients were for it. They don’t have an answer.

This is Ole. The amateur mish mash chef.

Then you have someone who knows multiple dishes and the exact ingredients. Every evening they cook up a culinary masterpiece. Hopefully this will be our next coach. Someone who knows what they are doing.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Give Ole credit the coaching staff, strikers, midfielders and defenders have been poor. One has to wonder what Ole has to be credited for, he is apparently responsible for nothing.

Alek M

Da manic one
Guys

I have been on this forum for decades longer than you have. I have seen us win and lose. Yes, Ole deserves the criticism for Saturday. But yesterday he had the team ready.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Guys

I have been on this forum for decades longer than you have. I have seen us win and lose. Yes, Ole deserves the criticism for Saturday. But yesterday he had the team ready.
Let's be honest, that's a testament of your lack of sense. :D

Chairman Steve

Those dark Bebe days when he played a handful of low priority games and we won the league and got to the Champions League final?

Beans

Supports
Neutral
We're one of the most 'fun' teams to watch this season. There's hardly been a boring game

Unless your definition of fun is being confused with dominant?
Maybe "fun" wasn't the best word, well spotted!

I don't enjoying watching a team with poor fundamentals, that make a poor team, that is less than the sum of its parts, like I said. The way the opposition teams are all better at synergizing their collective strength, it makes me admire them and feel like we don't deserve to win. We have good attacking players, there are exciting moments, but it's not enjoyable to watch except when we score. Maybe I get joy from different parts of the game than you do. Winning is not the most most thing to me, I want to enjoy watching the play.

Sylar

Maybe "fun" wasn't the best word, well spotted!

I don't enjoying watching a team with poor fundamentals, that make a poor team, that is less than the sum of its parts, like I said. The way the opposition teams are all better at synergizing their collective strength, it makes me admire them and feel like we don't deserve to win. We have good attacking players, there are exciting moments, but it's not enjoyable to watch except when we score. Maybe I get joy from different parts of the game than you do. Winning is not the most most thing to me, I want to enjoy watching the play.
Ok that makes sense

I get you, cos I get to old Trafford a lot. And I want to be entertained but also see effort and a team playing together that creates chances

I think yesterday's game was exciting cos we created chance after chance and conceded from two of three chances created against us?

LoneStar

To be fair you could say that for every manager in every game since SAF retired.
I think Ole is the most divisive manager though. With the previous coaches, once their time was done, a majority agreed that they had to be sacked.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think Ole is the most divisive manager though. With the previous coaches, once their time was done, a majority agreed that they had to be sacked.
It wasn't the case with Jose. So many threads shitting on players and some awful posters saying how we have midtable players signed from midtable teams. Jose isn't the problem, Squad is at Everton level or even worse.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The guy gets no credit at this point. He’s sitting in a role he shouldn’t be in. Relying on individual brilliance to bail him out.

There are two types of chefs at home. Those who grab a bunch of ingredients and cook something. Most of the times it’s a crap mish mash. Occasionally, it can be the tastiest meal. When you ask them what the ingredients were for it. They don’t have an answer.

This is Ole. The amateur mish mash chef.

Then you have someone who knows multiple dishes and the exact ingredients. Every evening they cook up a culinary masterpiece. Hopefully this will be our next coach. Someone who knows what they are doing.
For that you have to have guests that appreciates fine dining and stop calling cold beef burger fine cuisine

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I think any criticism of Ole isn't based on a single match or a shift of fortunes in a particular half. It is about the general trajectory of where we have been heading as a team vying for top honours.

If Fergie was still around, the Atlanta game would have been regarded as the time we got our of jail through an uncharacteristic blip in form. It was a diabolically poor first half and a much better second. However, we are still incapable of pressing or defending set-pieces. Our attackers are the least of our problems.

Micky Targaryen

Guys

Trust me I have seen darker phases, even under SAF. Djemba Djemba, Klebertson, Bebe...
So what exactly is your point when you claimed the above statements? I've seen some other posters making this sort of claims too. What exactly does it mean?

Does it mean that you're more knowledgeable in football than the rest of us?

Or does it mean that because we have darker days in the past, so we should appreciate Ole's mediocrity now?

largelyworried

So what exactly is your point when you claimed the above statements? I've seen some other posters making this sort of claims too. What exactly does it mean?

Does it mean that you're more knowledgeable in football than the rest of us?

Or does it mean that because we have darker days in the past, so we should appreciate Ole's mediocrity now?
I particularly love the implication that if you weren’t on this website you can’t have been a United support back then.

dove

Some of our fans are unbelievably fickle. Be crap for months, have a decent half of football and suddenly we must give Ole credit. I think it’s credit to the players cause they simply don’t want to play in the EL so they did their best despite of the manager who is useless in this team.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Ok that makes sense

I get you, cos I get to old Trafford a lot. And I want to be entertained but also see effort and a team playing together that creates chances

I think yesterday's game was exciting cos we created chance after chance and conceded from two of three chances created against us?
For a neutral it's great entertainment, for sure. And we did create a lot of chances in that first half, at it should have been at least 2-2 at halftime. If we created 8+ quality chances every game I wouldn't complain.

I would have enjoyed being a Barca fan when they were at their best, the close control and passing skill was out of this world. Or Spain during the same spell aka Barca without Messi, who failed to score much but controlled games like few have.

That being said, United under Van Gaal did my head in, we held the ball but took too few chances. Of course Ole has bigger problems than keeping me happy. Players with incredible first touch are hard to find, but we've spent as much money as anyone, so I think it's fair to say our quality on the ball should be better.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
"Our players are not better than Everton players" vibes in this thread.
The lengths people go to justify our dismal coaching is quite something. Eyes wide-closed and all that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The lengths people go to justify our dismal coaching is quite something. Eyes wide-closed and all that.
Yeah, it's weird actually. We saw this happening under Jose, now same thing is repeated under Ole.