Give Rashford the Captaincy

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Everyone ignoring the real MVP here: Nemanja Matic. If Harry would surrender the armband on his own volition, I'd like Matic to captain the team.

Houdini

Bruno + Matic as Vice-captain for me but imagine Maguire's confidence after you take it away from him in the middle of season. It's sad but we need Maguire to give his best until we find a replacement. It looks that we need a CB in January. Then CDM next summe (depends on Matic).

IAmAWinner

Rashford :lol:
Has to be Bruno, he is a leader and has a winner mentality.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Everyone ignoring the real MVP here: Nemanja Matic. If Harry would surrender the armband on his own volition, I'd like Matic to captain the team.
Matic would of been a great choice before his legs gave way. I think he's going to miss too many games to be that influencial. I wouldn't have a problem giving it to him the times he does play though.

Danillaco

Love Rashford but I don't think he's ready for it. The clear choice for me is Bruno.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Maguire was arguing against his United team mates on Saturday.

Rashford was defending us

Bruno would be a good choice of captain as well

But if we want some good publicity at the moment, give it to Rashford
No he wasn't.

Rashford wasn't defending us

Maguire had already spoken to the ref who said that VAR had checked it and that it wasn't violent conduct (ie: They've determined it as such) He was preventing Rashford from getting a booking.

Shouting and screaming at the ref isn't going to get you anywhere or anything but a yellow card. The Roy Keane bad boy types of captaincy are long gone. Bruno while he shows passion is too much of a hot head to be captain material.

united for life

No he wasn't.

Rashford wasn't defending us

Maguire had already spoken to the ref who said that VAR had checked it and that it wasn't violent conduct (ie: They've determined it as such) He was preventing Rashford from getting a booking.

Shouting and screaming at the ref isn't going to get you anywhere or anything but a yellow card. The Roy Keane bad boy types of captaincy are long gone. Bruno while he shows passion is too much of a hot head to be captain material.
that’s when football started losing it’s appeal at united...

Prodigal7

My god, this is the biggest load of garbage I’ve seen in a while. Well done to him and his off field agent roknation for running such a good PR campaign for him, but no way should he be captain.
He is invisible for most of the 90 minutes, refuses to put a defensive shift in, sulks when one of his team mates scores instead of him and his body language on the pitch since lockdown has been utterly terrible. He’s one of the least suited to being captain.

Bruno is the best candidate.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yeah, this is a bad idea and bad look on a few levels. I don't really care that he's not good enough to be a captain, because the captain doesn't have to be the best player, but he's far too young and he's not someone I'd consider inspirational to the rest of his teammates. He just doesn't give me the vibes of a captain by personality. I can agree that Bruno is probably a better choice, if not the best choice.

Then again, I don't really put much stock in the captain's armband, seems more of a symbolic position now more than anything.

He'sRaldo

I don't think Bruno should be it. From what we've seen and heard, the players haven't responded well to him screaming at them, regardless of how much the fans may love it.

The person I've seen the players respond to the best is Matic with his on pitch instructions, and after that Lindelof. Matic is definitely the best choice, I'd say he's the one player who influences our team the most. Add in his age, composure, playing position, and experience at the top level, and he's quite a decent candidate.

Caius

Think he or Bruno are the clear choices, Bruno appearing to be more vocal and combative with both the other team's and his own players, but Rashford is an incredible teammate, as exemplified by letting Martial, who was having a rough night and struggling for goals recently, take the penalty.

It would probably make sense for Bruno to be captain, with Rashford vice captain. I think both have shown they deserve it more than Maguire.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I can't think of a footballer anywhere, anytime I like more than Marcus but I'm not sure it's his time to be captain just yet. Just let him keep doing what he's doing. Sticking them in the onion bag!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I would be wary of putting any more pressure on him. He's taking on a lot atm and there's already a pack of Tory-loving tabloid journos waiting for a chance to knife him as soon as they can. As Maguire has found, being United captain brings yet another layer of scrutiny.

Jonesno.8

He is still v young, great role model but we need a leader. It in my opinion is the missing piece. We saw tonight what were capable off but we don't have that Keane, Vida push. Rash was immense though