Give Rashford the Captaincy

Albin Johansson

I love Rashford for what he does outside of the pitch, but i'll be honest and say his perfomances of late isn't even close to what can be expected of a regular starter, so there's nothing more to him than to Maguire in that regard. He hasn't earned the captaincy, probably only McTominay comes close to fitting the bill although he hasn't started much lately. He gives his all and he is vocal. All things considered, I'm not saying maguire should have it, but is there any actual reason to switch captain unless he's going to the bench (which he kind of deserves)?

BR7

I agree 100% with what you are saying about unleashing the rocket, worked in the past, but no offense to the young today , they are most likely the one's who be backed and see whoever the Rocket blaster is, being forced out given the current climate with regards to what be seen and called bullying.

It's the world we live in pal, sadly there's no places anymore for the Roy the boy types in today's society without someone being offended and making an issue out of it .
Agreed mate,

BR7

I know, Lindelof probably gets bullied by Mata in practice, he's too soft. All of our defenders are suffering at the moment, they don't compliment each other well and tactically we're all over the place.
Yeah agree with you, they’re all suffering from poor coaching. Ole needs to wake up on this point. He’s a young inexperienced manager specially at this level so he needs good/great coaches around him. Carrick and the young lad who we brought in from spurs to manage the u18s are in the same boat as ole and as for Mickey Phelan he is the true definition of a water carrier when he played. He wasn’t a bad one mind but he is no tactical genius.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Give thw caotaincy to someone struggling with his form. Great idea.

York

As much as I admire Rashford as a person and player, I don't think his personality lends itself to being captain. He's too mild-mannered and seems to lack the leadership aura, which is not a knock, just an observation. It should be Bruno, and after him I would give it to McTominay, though Scott is not quite ready.

Murray3007

hes been awful lately, hes lucky there is no competition or he would have been dropped, last thing he needs is to be made captain, you seen how bad his performances went while he was doing all the stuff with the kids meals, cant add that on to him as well

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Who the feck is rashford? He's a junior in the squad, bright future ahead but to give him captaincy is way too soon.

In all honesty, just give it to De Gea, he's the senior in the squad.

Maguire was a new boy who hasn't proven himself, and Ole gave him the band because somehow he's trying hard playing captain (I chuckle when reading he checks on his teammates via phone), feck that shit. You sort your game first, then you talk about leading

redshaw

I wouldn't normally put much importance on captaincy but it's quite telling how the armband has been passed around only to fall foul and no-one is deemed worthy. We're like the sicknote spice boys rolled into one.

ArjenIsM3

Who the feck is rashford? He's a junior in the squad, bright future ahead but to give him captaincy is way too soon.

In all honesty, just give it to De Gea, he's the senior in the squad.

Maguire was a new boy who hasn't proven himself, and Ole gave him the band because somehow he's trying hard playing captain (I chuckle when reading he checks on his teammates via phone), feck that shit. You sort your game first, then you talk about leading
You're joking right?

clarkydaz

I don't look at individual performances to judge captaincy to be honest. A captain leads by example by way of work ethic, is able to influence his peers and get his players organised on the pitch. If he's a consistent performer on top then great but it's not the case that your best player has to be your captain, at all.
Rooney had all that as captain and was worst player on the pitch. DDG also had it, lost it.

Jeffthered

It's a thought but no. He's young, still developing as a player, and represents one of biggest, most commercial sports brands in the world. Be too much for him and he should not have to do it.

Maguire keeps it for now. There is no one else, and isn't it amazing that it seems that none of the players actually want the role.

OGS needs to start working more effectively with experienced players.

wolvored

Bruno would make an excellent captain. Hes our best player and is very vocal. No player could think if he was bollocked on the pitch 'how can he bollock me when hes done worse'. When we get another manager I hope he swaps the captaincy to Bruno.

peridigm

I doubt Ole will make a change. He has his favorites and Maguire is one of them. I don't think the captain should be a player that has been there for many years i.e. DDG. It should be someone who shows leadership. Bruno has the tenacity to be a good captain. I would have said Pogba should have been captain a couple of years ago but he's strolling through a day to day job and does not look committed.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I'd vote for him, he's great, but no.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Where's this leadership on the pitch? Only person I see leadership is Bruno. Maguire tries to, but isnt exactly an inspirational leader considering what happened this summer...

Kamprad

Can someone please explain why Bruno, with less than one season in the club, should be a club captain? I’ve seen the games. He’s been good most of the games. He had a great impact when he first came but after the restart not as much, although still good most of the games. But is that enough? Have you guys seen him in training? His work ethic? His influence on teammates? What have I missed?

-Supreme-

Can someone please explain why Bruno, with less than one season in the club, should be a club captain? I’ve seen the games. He’s been good most of the games. He had a great impact when he first came but after the restart not as much, although still good most of the games. But is that enough? Have you guys seen him in training? His work ethic? His influence on teammates? What have I missed?
Who would you have for captain?

el3mel

I think Rashford will be our captain at one point in the future like Rooney. Definitely not any time soon though.

starman

Playing poor himself and is regularly accused of being greedy taking shots far out and from pointless angles, yeah let's give it to that guy.

The fact is, the player needed to get us back to the top as captain is not at/playing for United right now.

Kamprad

Who would you have for captain?
If I HAD to choose a single captain it’s between Rashford and DeGea. Or keep Maguire.

But in this case I wouldn’t choose one captain. I’d wait until someone stepped up. I’d have a fake armband and give it to whoever won the lottery before every game, but I’d tell the team the real armband won’t be handed out until someone shows the qualities to be a captain for this club. Enough with the pampering.

RedDevil@84

No please. He already looks almost sad nowadays. He doesn't even seem to smile after scoring. He needs to get his joy back into the game. Maguire is ok for captaincy.

-Supreme-

If I HAD to choose a single captain it’s between Rashford and DeGea.

But in this case I wouldn’t choose one captain. I’d wait until someone stepped up. I’d have a fake armband and give it to whoever won the lottery before every game, but I’d tell the team the real armband won’t be handed out until someone shows the qualities to be a captain for this club. Enough with the pampering.
So you have questioned others for suggesting Bruno as captain when you place Rashford and De Gea over him when they are both struggling for form, and the latter no.1 spot is on the line.

Eli Zee

Honestly, I feel like it doesn't even matter who is captain. There will be leaders on the pitch regardless or having an armband or not.

It really makes no difference in my mind, but Bruno would be my choice if I had to pick one. But I do think taking the armband from maguire may cause more harm than good at this point in time.

Rashford always like shows he is frustrated on the pitch. Leaders need to keep their cool.

Kamprad

So you have questioned others for suggesting Bruno as captain when you place Rashford and De Gea over him when they are both struggling for form, and the latter no.1 spot is on the line.
Yes. If we’re talking form, De Gea use to have a form that was much better then Brunos and it lasted for longer than Bruno has been in the club. Are you saying we should give Bruno the captaincy and take it away when his form drops?

You can’t just give a player that hasn’t been in the club for one season the armband just because of good form.

Welbeckham

Replace De Gea with Henderson and our current captain will suddenly look like a decent captain.

-Supreme-

Yes. If we’re talking form, De Gea use to have a form that was much better then Brunos and it lasted for longer than Bruno has been in the club. Are you saying we should give Bruno the captaincy and take it away when his form drops?

You can’t just give a player that hasn’t been in the club for one season the armband just because of good form.
We're in a position where we don't have a clear captain, change and chop isn't the solution.

DDG has struggled to manage the defence in-front of him let alone trying to lead the rest of the team.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Title.

He's a professional off the pitch and on the pitch.
Rashford would be a popular fan choice, but really we have to understand the dynamic within the dressing room - which obviously none of us will ever be able to do - in order to make a considered choice ourselves.

Maguire seems like he was earmarked for that role quite quickly and that has to come from something, and a couple of bad performances shouldn't affect that as long as he is still doing the right things behind the scenes

Jibbs

The only player I see fit to become United captain right now is Bruno.