Music Glastonbury 2024

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Pyramid aside, that's quite a good line-up. Loads to see.

*insert "That don't impress me much" joke here*

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Genuinely hilarious it’s Coldplay again

EDIT - yes I am aware I’m now the person lambasting the headliners when there’s a million other things to do and see after no doubt scolding others for the same in previous Glastonbury threads.

But Coldplay. Again.

Moby

Dick
Michael Kiwanuka puts on a fantastic live show. Reckon he’s the pick of the bunch on the pyramid stage. Not arsed with any of the others. Shania Twain and Coldplay’s a pisstake.
Seventeen are great. Wouldn't be looking anywhere else if I was there. They're no skz thō.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Again maybe I'm just old now but I don't like basically any of that. Well half of it I've never heard of.

There'll be more up the road from here at Download or Y-Not that I'll be interested in.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Again maybe I'm just old now but I don't like basically any of that. Well half of it I've never heard of.

There'll be more up the road from here at Download or Y-Not that I'll be interested in.
I've heard of 15 bands/artist on there and I'd be interested in seeing maybe 1-2 of them if I was already paying to seeing something else. That's just the way it is sometimes with festivals like this. Partly age, partly the "vibe" they're going for that year.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I've heard of 15 bands/artist on there and I'd be interested in seeing maybe 1-2 of them if I was already paying to seeing something else. That's just the way it is sometimes with festivals like this. Partly age, partly the "vibe" they're going for that year.
I guess the vibe this year is shite music.

Nickosaur

Admittedly I'm not as into music as much as I used to be, but there's very little there that impresses me.

Headlines are a bit irrelevant at Glasto but there's usually one that at least tickles my fancy. Dua Lipa does although not musically.

hodgey123

Coldplay do it for free so that's why they keep coming back. I have a ticket but I am very underwhelmed with the lineup to be honest. The quest for female representation/headliners is admirable but there is no way on earth SZA is worthy of that slot.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Coldplay do it for free so that's why they keep coming back. I have a ticket but I am very underwhelmed with the lineup to be honest. The quest for female representation/headliners is admirable but there is no way on earth SZA is worthy of that slot.
I have no idea how reliable the guy is, but I saw someone claiming to be ITK that said she was a last minute booking, or at least had her slot elevated at the last minute. They were hoping for Rihanna or Beyonce, but SZA happens to be performing at Hyde Park the same weekend so was basically in the area with everything needed for a big outdoor show.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

I think you're just old and I don't mean it in an insulting way :lol: Do you often seek out new music or do you feel you've become a bit closed off to it maybe?

Out of those I already regularly listen to SZA, LCD Soundsystem, Michael Kiwanuka, TLDP, Jamie XX, James Blake, Jungle, Sampha, Arlo Parks, London Grammar, Barry Can't Swim and Bonobo.

I'd also happily go and see Two Door, Bombay, Bloc Party, Justice, Faithless and a few others for the nostalgia.

I wouldn't say it's an abolutely incredible line-up but looks like there's something for everyone.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have no idea how reliable the guy is, but I saw someone claiming to be ITK that said she was a last minute booking, or at least had her slot elevated at the last minute. They were hoping for Rihanna or Beyonce, but SZA happens to be performing at Hyde Park the same weekend so was basically in the area with everything needed for a big outdoor show.
SZA is widly underrated imo. Will never reach the fame heights of Beyonce but she's fantastic.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
SZA is widly underrated imo. Will never reach the fame heights of Beyonce but she's fantastic.
She just strikes me as someone who's not at that level yet.

I saw someone compare her to Billie Eilish, which I sort of understood, but Eilish has been culturally massive pretty much since her debut. I'm not sure SZA comes remotely close to that.

macheda14

The issue is just her style is very mellow. I love her, but for a pyramid headline shot it will be very subdued.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think you're just old and I don't mean it in an insulting way :lol: Do you often seek out new music or do you feel you've become a bit closed off to it maybe?

Out of those I already regularly listen to SZA, LCD Soundsystem, Michael Kiwanuka, TLDP, Jamie XX, James Blake, Jungle, Sampha, Arlo Parks, London Grammar, Barry Can't Swim and Bonobo.

I'd also happily go and see Two Door, Bombay, Bloc Party, Justice, Faithless and a few others for the nostalgia.

I wouldn't say it's an abolutely incredible line-up but looks like there's something for everyone.
Don’t think being old would explain not knowing those bands. The ones in bold have been around for at least a decade already. Some of them nearly two decades?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Don’t think being old would explain not knowing those bands. The ones in bold have been around for at least a decade already. Some of them nearly two decades?
Yeah I guess more closed off musically maybe? I dunno.

hodgey123

Yeah, that was the consensus on a Glastonbury forum I visit as well. The posters there seemed to believe that Glastonbury had gone all-out for Madonna and could not deliver, then Stevie Wonder was the touted replacement, but he pulled out and then it was left to bump SZA.

Classic 30 year old boomer.... but they sure don't make em like they used to.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah I guess more closed off musically maybe? I dunno.
I’m definitely guilty of that. Over the years you accumulate a fondness for so many different acts that you eventually reach a point where just keeping on top of the output of bands you already like feels like so much effort it’s pointless to try out anything new. I hit that point about 10 years ago, hence am only familiar with half the bands you mentioned in that list.

EDIT: So yeah, it is about getting old!

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I’m definitely guilty of that. Over the years you accumulate a fondness for so many different acts that you eventually reach a point where just keeping on top of the output of bands you already like feels like so much effort it’s pointless to try out anything new. I hit that point about 10 years ago, hence am only familiar with half the bands you mentioned in that list.

EDIT: So yeah, it is about getting old!
Same here . I now tend to go into back catalogs of bands i used to like a little.

Herman Toothrot

For me, the headliners are awful, but the experience of the main stage at Glastonbury is one of the worst around. A bunch of flag waving tossers for whom this is the only gig they'll go to all year, unless Taylor Swift is in town. Thankfully, there's so much gold in the rest of the line-up. LCD Soundsystem, Little Simz, PJ Harvey, Jungle, Sampha, Jamie XX, Fat Whit Family, Kneecap, Newdad, Peggy Gou, Fontaines and Bonobo are all well worth seeing. They'll be even more when they release the full line-up.

What the feck are Keane doing there?

decorativeed

I'm going to Primavera for the third year in a row, and there's a distinct downturn in quality compared to other years. Good stuff to find, but for the most part an underwhelming lineup.
What maniac designed that poster?! Offset printing can look cool on images, but it's an amateur error to try it on dense text. God help you if you're colourblind.

StamsShinyHead

"SAF you're an old dick, but I respect you."
For me, the headliners are awful, but the experience of the main stage at Glastonbury is one of the worst around. A bunch of flag waving tossers for whom this is the only gig they'll go to all year, unless Taylor Swift is in town. Thankfully, there's so much gold in the rest of the line-up. LCD Soundsystem, Little Simz, PJ Harvey, Jungle, Sampha, Jamie XX, Fat Whit Family, Kneecap, Newdad, Peggy Gou, Fontaines and Bonobo are all well worth seeing. They'll be even more when they release the full line-up.

What the feck are Keane doing there?
20th anniversary of Hopes and Fears. Would probably be a decent singalong with a few cans in a field.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

I still listen a lot and go to gigs, just that pretty much none of this is of even glancing interest.

Glastonbury line up has always been hit amd miss to me but there's usually enough variety for it not to matter. This amd the last one have been decidedly meh.

Alao I've looked at the other 2024 festival line ups and it's just Glasto that seems to have gone off a cliff, so I assume they've just gone in an uncool direction and I'm still as awesome as always.

Bloc Party would be on my list but I saw them a few months ago and thought their new stuff was dull. Old favourites were banging as always but wouldn't feel like I'd need to see them again so soon

Moby

Dick
I listened to Bonobo for a fair few years and it worked well for a chill out setting but can't imagine going for a live concert that too in a festival. One thing you don't want when listening to someone like that is surrounded by a bunch of brain-dead knobheads.

Herman Toothrot

I listened to Bonobo for a fair few years and it worked well for a chill out setting but can't imagine going for a live concert that too in a festival. One thing you don't want when listening to someone like that is surrounded by a bunch of brain-dead knobheads.
Saw him Glasgow last summer and it was ace. Really good crowd, I was little battered to be fair.