Glazers looking to sell off a minority share & bring in a new Investor

tippex

Is this Phil Brown worth listening to? Thanks
First time I'm listening what he says is making sense to a degree. Taking him at face value he is not able to say much with regards to details. in part of the chat he expects the club to be sold in the next couple of months.

Spoony

The People's President
Yep, exactly what I expected based on the stock movements in the last couple of days. If you ever want to know when something is going to happen, watch the stock. People don't usually put millions down on the off chance something happens.

Basically there's movement in the share price because United are going to be sold?

ATXRedDevil

Yeah I agree with your posts but I was under the impression they were looking to sell B shares otherwise they’d never find the capital they’re hoping to raise.
They are. When they sell B shares, the shares sold automatically convert into A shares, but the b shares they DONT sell remain as b shares and don’t convert into As until the Bs represent less than 10% of the total outstanding shares.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Honestly don’t know why people yet again are being so miserable about this. If you want to sell an asset you don’t say it’s for sale. That reduces its value. If you want to smoke out a bid you do say “we’re looking to sell a minority stake” - that whips up interest - and brings parties to the table. I’m convinced It’s definitely for sale.

tippex

Honestly don’t know why people yet again are being so miserable about this. If you want to sell an asset you don’t say it’s for sale. That reduces its value. If you want to smoke out a bid you do say “we’re looking to sell a minority stake” - that whips up interest - and brings parties to the table. I’m convinced It’s definitely for sale.
They will have seen the number of expressions of interest in Chelsea and it was an eye-opener. I told imagine they have been doing ground work and sounding people out.

Robertd0803

Selling a minority stake/share will mean nothing. They keep control and make more money off us.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

For me, $6bn, including outstanding debt sounds about right from what I've heard.

This is about £5bn and paying off the £1bn or so of debt leaves 4bn for the Florida men. It's disgusting but as long as we get a similar deal like Chelsea, we should come out in much better at the other side.

Teja

It depends, if they sell their shares they get the money. Or they could issue new shares that go to the club.
I don't expect the bastards to have enough heart to dilute their ownership to infuse cash into the club

Coops73

Oh my fecking god, please don’t let this be a wind up or some sort of press release to stop protests, please let this be the real deal.

If this was the glazer’s looking to sell, does anyone have any idea how long this could take?

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
It looks like Musk got whiff of it.

Red00012

6 billion they can feck off
There’s also the £500 million debt on top of a outdated OT , an outdated Carrington and a squad overhaul. I can’t see it as an investment personally.

Gandalf

Oh my fecking god, please don’t let this be a wind up or some sort of press release to stop protests, please let this be the real deal.

If this was the glazer’s looking to sell, does anyone have any idea how long this could take?
As a publicly traded company the deal could complete fairly swiftly once the price is agreed provided proof of funding is received but the major issue that tends to complicate these matters is the PL and the fit and proper ownership tests. Without knowing who is in the mix you don't know what could delay or derail a potential takeover. Ideally we need a philanthropic saint with the spending power of Bezos but there is every possibility we get someone fronting for an oil regime or even worse, Donald Trump.

tippex

Call me stupid here but what's better? 6 billion in cash now or 10-20 million a year in dividends. I know which one I'd choose...
The fact that the cost of the debt will increase for the club means now is the best time for them to cash in.

crossy1686

career ending
Basically there's movement in the share price because United are going to be sold?
There's huge movement, we're talking millions in sustained volume over two days. Someone with a lot of money has been pitched United and they've taken that information to the stock market.

Vapor trail

As a publicly traded company the deal could complete fairly swiftly once the price is agreed provided proof of funding is received but the major issue that tends to complicate these matters is the PL and the fit and proper ownership tests. Without knowing who is in the mix you don't know what could delay or derail a potential takeover. Ideally we need a philanthropic saint with the spending power of Bezos but there is every possibility we get someone fronting for an oil regime or even worse, Donald Trump.
The independent article cites it taking a year to 24 months. Sounds like nonsense

GregM40

It's absolutely mental how much they stand to gain from selling the club. I think in any deal they should be made to pay off the debt themselves before making a profit. That's obviously unlikely and naive for me to say but it makes my blood boil that will sail off into the sunset with an few extra bill in their pockets after putting absolutely nowt in.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Phil brown live now
I know Phil isn't popular on here but have a listen if you have time because I do believe there's truth to what he's saying. People can complain all they want about the recruitment but the meddling of Joel Glazer is why deals are taking too long or not happening at all.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I know Phil isn't popular on here but have a listen if you have time because I do believe there's truth to what he's saying. People can complain all they want about the recruitment but the meddling of Joel Glazer is why deals are taking too long or not happening at all.

I had absolutely no idea he was Irish :lol:

clarkydaz

great video that, just confirms what we thought how the club was run, and everyone in it is absolutely miserable

Cantonagotmehere

great video that, just confirms what we thought how the club was run, and everyone in it is absolutely miserable
I think now I will just watch United and hope for some of the players to improve. Not complain really at all unless we look to get relegated. Just sit and what for the Glazers to sell. Not sure what else to do?