Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

AshRK

But but but they spent 80 million on Maguire. Feckers are one big reason we are in this mess.

wolvored

If there are no voting rights what big business would want them anyway in the current climate?

Water Melon

Leeches gonna suck the blood. The only way to get rid of the parasites is to organize large-scale protests once fans are allowed back in stadia. Massive protests both inside and outside of OT on match days will not go unnoticed. Do it 10-15 games in a row and mass media will definitely make a meal out of it.

MDFC Manager

I don't understand why people are shocked the Glazers are selling their shares and keeping the money?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It may well be nothing, but I'd be interested to know how much money they've taken out of United and spent on Tampa Bay.

Skills

Snitch
It may well be nothing, but I'd be interested to know how much money they've taken out of United and spent on Tampa Bay.
feck all I bet. The NFL franchises are far bigger cash cows than even the biggest football clubs.

Salary caps and no transfer fees ensure that owners take home most of the franchise's income. Even when they build new stadiums/facilities the state govt puts up the money under threat of the franchise being relocated.

red thru&thru

The interesting thing is, who buys these up? It will give some kind of indication as to the future of the club maybe. The deal as to whoever is buying will have already been done, so we should know soon enough.

Skills

Snitch
The interesting thing is, who buys these up? It will give some kind of indication as to the future of the club maybe. The deal as to whoever is buying will have already been done, so we should know soon enough.
They'll be traded on the market

wolvored

Once the glazers bought Utd and the way they purchased it, it was only going to go one way. All they are is after the quick buck and anyone who thinks different must be naive or stupid. Of course they are going to sell on their terms, Of course they will rake off the premiums no matter what. Of course they will prop up their other businesses and Tampa Bay Bucs as its their sport. We will still be talking about the leeches in 10 years time as until they die or their greed gets the better of them and they all sell up, we are stuck with them.

arnie_ni

I don't understand why people are shocked the Glazers are selling their shares and keeping the money?
Yea, mental. Thats how the selling of shares works.

It's It's way it's reported though, asking United if they'd receive any money, clearly the media don't understand either.

Fluctuation0161

SeanyC

That’s the way shares work people, they are pathetic money loving yanks who don’t care about our club, not surprised by this one bit. When was the last time they even visited OT??

Roboc7

Doesn’t really matter who buys them because the voting rights are insignificant. This is just easy money for whichever Glazer is selling.

Lappen

At least I´m a bit angry (maybe not the right word) because of the loan the club are paying every year, is the loan to bay the stocks they now are selling. And of course keeping the money like every shareholder do. The romantic person in me would have loved that at least the loan would have been paid of first... and after that, they do what they think is suitable.
But i guess i´m still just a fool trying to pursuit my self to believe they do care about the club.

I wonder what the good news coming up just after a news like this, will be this time. Ole new 5 years? Bruno extension? maybe it was the new Director of fotboll, who relay not is new?

Lets call it a expected disappointment!

Green Arrow

See competent owners would think "Ok we have enough money for the summer for one marquee signing, why not sell some shares and raise money for the summer so the manager can get maybe another two signings and really improve the team"!

Nope not our owners "Lets sell some shares and keep the money for ourselves"!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Or why they take an 18.5m dividend in a pandemic and with the club finances taking a hit... I don’t think anyone is shocked but I do see why some might be annoyed by it

I mean from a pure business point of view taking 100m and putting that in to the club to win the league/major trophy you could raise the value shares you actually own by more than 100m in the long run.

I think most would be fine though if they had bought the club with their own money as taking money out then wouldnt be drama.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
See competent owners would think "Ok we have enough money for the summer for one marquee signing, why not sell some shares and raise money for the summer so the manager can get maybe another two signings and really improve the team"!

Nope not our owners "Lets sell some shares and keep the money for ourselves"!
No competent business owner would sell their personal holdings on the secondary market and gift the proceeds to a public company.

Nope, competent business owners would think that is entirely stupid. That’s why they are competent business owners of massive publicly listed companies while you’re not.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Honestly think I'm past caring about these c*nts. There is nothing any of us can do. The club is no longer the club we all fell in love with but Ole has probably brought it as close as can be.

Lappen

announced right at the same time as the holy grail DOF news is released. twats
So you don't think there will be another announcement coming up? Don't they sually announce something "good", after the thing they want people to forget? I mite be wrong.

If it is one coming up, what would it be? Ole, Bruno, new player rumor.
Hmmm. I think something good is coming!

DanClancy

I'm aware these Class A shares have 10% of the voting rights that the shares the Glazer family own but is their a limit on how many these Class A shares they can offer? It will be just over 25% if Avram Glazers issue is taken up.

Suedesi

https://theathletic.co.uk/1833452/2020/05/26/glazers-malcolm-joel-manchester-united/

Outstanding piece, that had my blood boiling as I read it in bed at 5:30 am.

The Glazers’ grip on United’s future remains secure because they split the shares into class A and class B. They retain all of the class B shares that have 10 times the voting rights as the class A shares available on the NYSE. Overall, they own 78 per cent of the club.

By the close of play last week, the share price was $15.69, (Edit $18.27 currently) which would value United at $2.7 ($3B) billion. United sources feel the Glazers have added £3bn in value to the club. At such a figure on paper, let alone what the Glazers would demand, it raises a question: who can afford to buy United now?

“Nation-states,” says one industry insider. A reported £1.5 billion offer from Qatar found little traction in 2011; last November, talks were held with Saudi Arabia, prompting a flurry of speculation when Arnold visited the country.

But sources say the Glazers were only prepared to give up 20 per cent of the club. Saudi Arabia wanted control and have now turned their attention to Newcastle United. The club insist conversations never went on to ownership, remaining solely on sponsorship opportunities.

“I am sure they would walk if someone offered them $5 billion and I suspect $3.5 billion would start a conversation… there are just not many people around with that sort of cash,” adds an informed source.

“It will have to be a state, unless Jeff Bezos fancies it,” says another. “It is never going to provide any sensible return on the investment for the next owner, is it? That is for sure. The reason for purchase is not, ‘I will spend X and dispose of it for Y in 10 years’, so there are a handful of potential owners. That said, do I expect it to change hands in the foreseeable future? Yes, probably.”

Another source believes the Glazers may be waiting to see if there is another jump in broadcast revenues. “They want a ridiculous amount of money to get lost and there just aren’t many buyers out there at that price. I can only assume they are hanging around to see if Apple, Netflix, Facebook or someone like that really gets into live sport and supercharges the valuations again.”

There is still scope for a wealthy collection of individuals to gather, perhaps if the Red Knights could reorganise in the manner of Fenway Sports Group, who own Liverpool and the Boston Red Sox. However, such an endeavour would require coordination, compromise, and lots and lots of cash.

So, 15 years on, all indications suggest the Glazers will be Manchester United owners for some time yet.

laughtersassassin

Man you see the rumours that Koante has already had a pre medical for Liverpool?

It sucks but they are the very definition of a near perfectly run club these days

They operate within budgets but they are proactive and effective.

They make a mockery of how we are run.

Just look at last summer.

Meanwhile what we are hearing out of our camp is more excuses. It's fairly pathetic.

That said maybe it's wrong if me to expect our business to make proactive footballing decisions

TheReligion

Abusive
Man you see the rumours that Koante has already had a pre medical for Liverpool?

It sucks but they are the very definition of a near perfectly run club these days

They operate within budgets but they are proactive and effective.

They make a mockery of how we are run.

Just look at last summer.

Meanwhile what we are hearing out of our camp is more excuses. It's fairly pathetic.

That said maybe it's wrong if me to expect our business to make proactive footballing decisions
What? This has to be a wind up. Klopp's season has been an absolute flop and there's been clear tension with the owners as they didn't get him what he wanted in the summer or January.

Terrible comparison to make when having a swipe at United. Some of the signings they have made, like Keita and Minamino have been abysmal.

laughtersassassin

What? This has to be a wind up. Klopp's season has been an absolute flop and there's been clear tension with the owners as they didn't get him what he wanted in the summer or January.

Terrible comparison to make when having a swipe at United. Some of the signings they have made, like Keita and Minamino have been abysmal.
They are infinitely better run that us still. Keita I'll give you. Miamino was a 7 mil punt that doesn't count for anything.

Also we won't have tension between Ole and the Owners cause he doesn't call them out for not doing good enough but the fact is they don't.

FSG are greatly superior to the Glazers. Shit but true.

hubbuh

They are infinitely better run that us still. Keita I'll give you. Miamino was a 7 mil punt that doesn't count for anything.

Also we won't have tension between Ole and the Owners cause he doesn't call them out for not doing good enough but the fact is they don't.

Fsg have spent less than the Glazer's, our problem is we've spent badly whereas Liverpool have spent consistently well. That comes down to scouting, vision etc. Relative to how much we earn an' all that jazz the Glazers are cnuts (and for lots of other reasons), but we still should have been much more successful given our outlay.

passing-wind

I agree to an extent with the footballing infrastructure at Liverpool but FSG have hardly invested. If it wasn't for Klopp's managerial capabilities they wouldn't be looked at as anything significant. They've given Klopp less of a means to be successful compared to what our owners would have provided. The problem with the glazers has not been spending, it's giving managers too much responsibility in utilising the club's finances to the extent it's greatly been wasted.

TheReligion

Abusive

Klopp doesn't get everything he wants. He's complained about it. They got Ben Pearson and Kabak in January and have been playing midfielders in the back 4 all season.

They are run well yes but you've picked the wrong season to start bigging them up. Klopp's management has been the catalyst to their success.