Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Bring on the Saudis feck it. As bad and morally bankrupt as that would be at least we could enjoy our football and weekends again.

United need to play every game on Mondays so my weekends aren't ruined by this dross.

clarkydaz

It baffles me. Even a tight-fisted owner, as a top-drawer businessman, would think - you have to speculate to accumulate.

Hiring a DOF means another high-earner on the payroll. But that decision would mean stability and potential success. Surely, the Glazers must at some point look at this dogshite and go "feck. our cash-cow is in serious jeopardy of falling out of favour, here".

As much as I hate them and Woodward, this is their livelihood. I don't understand why they don't just think, right, time to go hard here. Get in a DOF, bring in a top manager, release as much funding as is necessary within reason.

Not "let's give Ole a job and give him less money than we gave Jose last summer".

They're winging it and they're being fed by the season ticket renewals. They're doing a fantastic job of clinging on because fans are allowing them to do so. Nobody moans in the ground, seats are filled despite shite football, average squad and average results. They cannot believe their luck
The supposed DOF seems to involve 2 facets. did you play for the club, and will the fans like you. Meaning there is no significant power to the role

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Bench today:
Romero
Rojo (fans want out)
Lingard (fans don't really want)
Greenwood (17 years old with no experienece)
Matic (fans want out)
Tuanzebe (Youngster with no experience in the Prem)
Chong (See above)

City's bench today)
Bravo
Gundogan (Would get in Uniteds team)
Fernandinho (Would get in Uniteds team)
Foden (Would probably get in ahead of Lingard....)
Cancelo (Maybe)
Tasende
B Silva (Might get into Uniteds team at a push)

This doesn't even include Sane, Stones and Jesus.... Even Mendy may get into our side :lol:

We're so far off, and it's down to this lot

Lemansky

Bench today:
Romero
Rojo (fans want out)
Matic (fans want out)
Chong (See above)

City's bench today)
Bravo
Cancelo (Maybe)
Tasende

This doesn't even include Sane, Stones and Jesus.... Even Mendy may get into our side :lol:

Bernardo Silva is way better than all our offensive players. He is top quality. The difference between our clubs is embarrassing.

Eric's Seagull

Would love to see Woodward gone.

He fed us the bullshit promise of us getting a DoF for too long. I don't think that he backed Ole well enough in this transfer market. It was shocking getting rid of Herrera and not signing a replacement. I think Ole would have wanted a replacement in. We should have got a right winger in. Although I was happy for Lukaku to go and finally get Sanchez out the door I think we should have got a replacement in.

I don't think Ole has been given a fair platform to succeed from and if it doesn't go top plan Woodward will make a scapegoat out of a club legend and sack him, get a new manager spin us a load of bollux, expect us to believe it which some of us probably will and get a new manager in and promise to back him significantly and then go back on the promise and give him just enough funds to scrape top 4. I think that the club should be investing more than what they think is the minimum to get us to get top 4.

Hopefuly this doesn't happen as I really want Ole to succeed despite in my opinion him not being given enough help.

I fear Woodward will be here for a long time though as he is making money those tw^ts who the club.

mustaine

Bench today:
Romero
Rojo (fans want out)
Matic (fans want out)
Chong (See above)

City's bench today)
Bravo
Cancelo (Maybe)
Tasende

At a push? :lol::lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Bench today:
Romero
Rojo (fans want out)
Matic (fans want out)
Chong (See above)

City's bench today)
Bravo
Cancelo (Maybe)
Tasende

Thanks for reminding us how far away from City we are.

We really needed that.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
They won't sack him though. Woodward is safe. We might need to kidnap the twat and drop him off in Syria to get rid of him.

I want fecking action from the fans. Get the club to act. Stop letting them getting away with it. I gave my ST up 4 years ago. Best decision I ever made. The club is dieing.

Eric's Seagull

Woodward and the Glazers aren’t going anywhere. This is now a mid table club, it’s not a fluke we are where we are and it’s getting worse and worse.

Surely fans will turn this season, we’ll be well adrift of top four by end of October.
I agree that they are not going anywhere. There is the new NBC deal in 2 years and they are going to want their chunk out of that.

Alabaster Codify7

Bench today:
Romero
Rojo (fans want out)
Matic (fans want out)
Chong (See above)

City's bench today)
Bravo
Cancelo (Maybe)
Tasende

How dare you, mate?
How dare you make reference to how fecking shocking we are in comparison to actual big teams, nowadays?

There's gonna be such a wakeup call this season. But by then, it's going to be farrrrrr too late.

Welcome to the wilderness.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
The mismanagement of United will lead us to long-term mediocrity and ineptitude, just like the Glazers have done with the Buccaneers.

clarkydaz

They won't sack him though. Woodward is safe. We might need to kidnap the twat and drop him off in Syria to get rid of him.

I want fecking action from the fans. Get the club to act. Stop letting them getting away with it. I gave my ST up 4 years ago. Best decision I ever made. The club is dieing.
respect to you mate, I cant quite do that yet. don't spend a penny on merch though

Denis79

It baffles me. Even a tight-fisted owner, as a top-drawer businessman, would think - you have to speculate to accumulate.

Hiring a DOF means another high-earner on the payroll. But that decision would mean stability and potential success. Surely, the Glazers must at some point look at this dogshite and go "feck. our cash-cow is in serious jeopardy of falling out of favour, here".

As much as I hate them and Woodward, this is their livelihood. I don't understand why they don't just think, right, time to go hard here. Get in a DOF, bring in a top manager, release as much funding as is necessary within reason.

Not "let's give Ole a job and give him less money than we gave Jose last summer".

They're winging it and they're being fed by the season ticket renewals. They're doing a fantastic job of clinging on because fans are allowing them to do so. Nobody moans in the ground, seats are filled despite shite football, average squad and average results. They cannot believe their luck
Woodward must have sold himself to the Glazers as a all knowing football guru and they know so little about the sport that they bought it.

Denis79

Bench today:
Romero
Rojo (fans want out)
Matic (fans want out)
Chong (See above)

City's bench today)
Bravo
Cancelo (Maybe)
Tasende

Us comparing ourselves to them is over with, they are further and further ahead for each passing season. I even saw a few players In Soton I would have liked to have.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Us comparing ourselves to them is over with, they are further and further ahead for each passing season. I even saw a few players In Soton I would have liked to have.
To be fair, it makes sense :lol:
To win the league last season, we'd have needed an extra 33 points
So we were as close to being relegated last season than winning the league.

red thru&thru

I'm guessing most ST holder cling on to the fact that it will change soon and therefore don't want to lose out on getting a ST the following year?!

Alabaster Codify7

Woodward must have sold himself to the Glazers as a all knowing football guru and they know so little about the sport that they bought it.
Woodward helped them buy the club. He is going nowhere as are they, unless profits drop immensely. Which is frightening because the decline in the club/team means that we will end up in the bottom half of the table before sponsors decide enough is enough and they think 'right, jump ship'. They're thinking this way, I my opinion. They are hedging their bets and expecting a drop even moreso than we have now, and once they see it landing, they'll sell the club.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Would love to see Woodward gone.

He fed us the bullshit promise of us getting a DoF for too long. I don't think that he backed Ole well enough in this transfer market. It was shocking getting rid of Herrera and not signing a replacement. I think Ole would have wanted a replacement in. We should have got a right winger in. Although I was happy for Lukaku to go and finally get Sanchez out the door I think we should have got a replacement in.

I don't think Ole has been given a fair platform to succeed from and if it doesn't go top plan Woodward will make a scapegoat out of a club legend and sack him, get a new manager spin us a load of bollux, expect us to believe it which some of us probably will and get a new manager in and promise to back him significantly and then go back on the promise and give him just enough funds to scrape top 4. I think that the club should be investing more than what they think is the minimum to get us to get top 4.

Hopefuly this doesn't happen as I really want Ole to succeed despite in my opinion him not being given enough help.

I fear Woodward will be here for a long time though as he is making money those tw^ts who the club.
I feel the same way.

Ole came in and got results with some quick, high intensity football, reminiscent of the football we played under SAF before our club was taken over. It wasn't going to last because the players to keep it up were not there. I'm not sure he would succeed if they were, but like you said, I don't believe he's had a fair chance.

If Woodward believes he can blame what's happening on another manager and get away with it, he will.

I hate the Glazers, but one has to give it to them, they are shrewd business people. They probably know something is wrong, and must understand that the football side is mismanaged. They have not sacked Ed because the profits haven't been affected yet, but when our performances start affecting revenue, and when the feel that the fans can not tolerate Ed, I think they'll ditch him. Or at least move him away from the football side of the club.

I think it's important fans make it clear that we've had enough of Woodward. Some may not be convinced by Ole, but don't let that distract from the main culprit, our first priority is that Ed needs to go. Then, with someone who understands football at the helm we can sort it out.

I can't wait to be rid of the Glazers, but they are the owners. Until they sell I'd settle for sacking Ed Woodward.

Water Melon

Protests at OT directed ar Glazers and Woodward will draw attention, a lot of media attention that may start scaring the shit out of potential sponsors. Glazers do not care much about our football or trophies, they want money. The legacy of SAF is being destroyed right in front of our eyes.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Well there you go.

Would you sell this cash machine of a club under the circumstances?
Doesn’t work like that, they can say however they want about the number of fans but what matters is how many fans actually buy United’s merchandise, the Asian fans basically buy fake merchandise and the only gain over there is any friendly we play. A lot of so called fans change clubs and if City or Pool start to win then a lot of them will jump wagon.
I went to Liverpool vs Sporting game in New York and I can tell you the stadium was full of red jerseys, I never saw so many here in the states like now, never saw before anyone walking with a city jersey and now I see them at the mall. We are walking in dangerous waters and to reach United’s brand level took decades.

Fluctuation0161

Weird response. Before that season, he said his team was equipped to win the title and it was his team.

Why are you comparing the spending with a newly promoted team? That seems odd. Why not compare it with the same teams in similar years? Why ignore the previous two season where he spent nearly 300m?

How am I deflecting when I'm asking you the questions? Don't be petty. Let's try this again.

In the case of Sanchez, Why does the transfer fee matter more than getting better the player in the swap and paying him astronomical wages?

Again, I'm trying to get clarification on the original post I quoted.
Why dont you look at our revenue vs spend and compare with Villa?

Then compare the quality of our squad vs "same teams in similar years"?

Why dont you look at our average season spend since the Glazers took over? Go back to 2005 and compare with the likes of Manchester City, Liverpool, Real Madrid etc.

Why dont you look into our spend specifically from 2005 - 2013 and compare with our rivals?

Can you also look at Sanchez wages vs Miki? £350k per week was Sanchez.

Why dont you also compare the number of football experts in our senior management team vs our rivals?

Please come back to me on the above questions. Because if you can't I wil begin to question your comprehension skills.

bdspeedy

We are the English office of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Just another turpid, aimlessly floating ATM for the Glazers. Until it hits them in the bank vault, it shan't change.

Denis79

Woodward helped them buy the club. He is going nowhere as are they, unless profits drop immensely. Which is frightening because the decline in the club/team means that we will end up in the bottom half of the table before sponsors decide enough is enough and they think 'right, jump ship'. They're thinking this way, I my opinion. They are hedging their bets and expecting a drop even moreso than we have now, and once they see it landing, they'll sell the club.
If that's the price of getting rid of them, so be it.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The Glazers never intended to run Manchester United as a football Club.
Fergie won the titles in spite of them.
All the Glazers were interested in doing was increasing revenue streams.
Acquiring players was always to help with this goal.
Big names to improve/increase revenue.

For now it is Pogba.

Their reluctance to buy/keep needed players to improve the team was/is of secondary importance.

fergiesarmy1

The Glazers never intended to run Manchester United as a football Club.
Fergie won the titles in spite of them.
All the Glazers were interested in doing was increasing revenue streams.
Acquiring players was always to help with this goal.
Big names to improve/increase revenue.

For now it is Pogba.

Their reluctance to buy/keep needed players to improve the team was/is of secondary importance.
What the hell is pogba adding apart from being gash (I know that’s part of your point)

We would be better off without him, would let the young lads loose.

SungSam7

Bench today:
Romero
Rojo (fans want out)
Matic (fans want out)
Chong (See above)

City's bench today)
Bravo
Cancelo (Maybe)
Tasende

Foden is much much better than Lingard, he only has to provide a key pass and he's head and shoulders better. Bernando btw is better than anything we have going forward!

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Why dont you look at our revenue vs spend and compare with Villa?
Well that would very dimwitted of me. I would compare it with teams who have the same ambitions like Spurs, Pool, Arsenal, etc. Comparing United's spend with will a newly promoted team desperate to stay up is pretty foolish. Btw how did that work for Fulham?

Then compare the quality of our squad vs "same teams in similar years"?
Well in the seasons you brought up, Mourinho said himself the team was equipped to win the title and it was his team. It was until he started getting bad results at the end of the season that the team wasn't good enough.

Why dont you look at our average season spend since the Glazers took over? Go back to 2005 and compare with the likes of Manchester City, Liverpool, Real Madrid etc.

Why dont you look into our spend specifically from 2005 - 2013 and compare with our rivals?
Wait you are the one who narrowed it down to the last two seasons. Now we should look at 2005-2013, ignoring the years after that or the fact the team was winning. You sure do like cherry picking timeframes...

Can you also look at Sanchez wages vs Miki? £350k per week was Sanchez.
Well that's my point. Stating nothing was spent last January is misleading and an odd criticism. Do you even remember what you posted? Weird.

Why dont you also compare the number of football experts in our senior management team vs our rivals?
Pretty silly question but you knew that.

Please come back to me on the above questions. Because if you can't I wil begin to question your comprehension skills.
That was easy, but I still don't understand why you made that misleading post...

minoo-utd

Riot. Fans are too soft our fans seem like they have million years to live, we have been waiting for 7 years now and we can not see actual plan or structure. Must be a fecking aggressive reaction.

The One and Only

I remember a bunch of fans had criticised people who had voiced their displeasure after our disastrous transfer window. They had called these fans fickle and delusional..

Today, these people are the ones whining and crying in the match day thread. The truth of the matter is that, these fans are partly responsible for the state we are in today. Would this level of incompetence be accepted in big club like Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern? But some of our fans still live in a delusional world where everything is going to be fixed magically by the leeches in charge..The owners obviously don't give a f*** about the club...but the majority of fans have let this club down.

I feel sorry for Sir Alex. He spent more than 2 decades building a legacy... which has been completely destroyed im the last 6 years

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
It's very disheartening that the only "revolt" that's been staged since things turned to shit has been the "Glazers Out" hashtag. I mean protests probably won't get them out, just like it didn't 10 years ago, but you'd still expect us to do something, we're just lying on our back hoping they eventually rub our belly. Sad.

El Zoido

The club has been run horribly by the Glazers. What we’re seeing now is a result of 15 years bad management at board level. To sum it up, we underinvested while Fergie was in charge which left us with too poor of a squad once he left. We compounded the issue by recruiting terribly in the years to follow, a problem exacerbated by allowing each manager to dictate transfers, often times at loggerheads with Ed’s commercial strategy for the club. So to break it down as I see it..

• investment in personnel has been shocking for the entire time they’ve been in charge. We were lucky enough to have the greatest manager of all time in charge which masked a lot of these problems, and he worked miracles with some very average players. Fergie seemed happy with the funds available to him, often cited “no value in the market”, which may have been true. But his reluctance to buy midfielders in his later years became a source of frustration for fans - and ultimately it didn’t really matter at the time because we were still successful.
  • Moyes is not a great manager and shouldn’t have been anywhere near this job, but frankly as far as I’m concerned there was no manager in the world that could have done what Ferguson did with those players. Almost all of his best players were in the twilight years of their career (Ferdinand, Vidic, Giggs, RVP, Evra, and even Rooney was in decline at this point).
  • We have spent a lot of money, badly for the most part. This ties in to the lack of a DOF, as coming out of the Fergie years the club had no strategy. Ed Woodward is left in charge of the recruitment policy, taking advice from the current manager and Matt Judge. No consistency, too much emphasis on superstar players on outrageous salaries, lack of focus on addressing weak areas of the squad.
  • we start from scratch every time we get a new manager in. Said new manager is immediately lumbered with players from the previous guy he doesn’t want, who he cannot move on because they were signed on a long term contract for a massive salary.
  • By the time Jose was in charge, the club needed 8+ players, including an entire back four. Jose had few problems securing more glamourous signings, but the club could not afford or was reluctant to finance the squad he wanted. He was given a lot of money to spend but still needed more, Jose is not known for unearthing diamonds. Whether he should have been given the money or not is irrelevant to this point (no), but I agree with him that the squad needed a lot more work.
The problem rests with the owners, and Woodward, who haven’t a clue how to run a football club. We’ve been getting by on the fumes of our considerable success over the preceding two decades, and now the Glazers truly being found out. We can bin Ole and get Allegri or whoever, ain’t nothing gonna change. I’ll look forward to ‘Allegri out’ thread in December 2020.

0le

It is easy to criticise in hindsight. The majority were in favour of signing LvG, Mourinho and Ole. Many fans were also happy with several previous summer transfer windows. Remember Bailly/Pogba/Zlatan etc and Di Maria/Falcao? Unfortunately the majority of the new players just did not work out for us and we were left with players at United who just were not good enough. This remains an issue.

I think another issue is that the board are happy with competing for fourth place. As a result, there will be periods of time where we overachieve (2nd place under Mourinho), and periods of time where we underachieve (right now). As long as we compete and get there, they won't care - and actually given how much money is in the game, I am not even convinced it is an important target anymore.

The poor decision made this summer was to not sign a midfielder or two. We would be in a far stronger position had we signed a creative midfielder and a defensive midfielder. They will need to sign somebody in the January transfer window, even if it is just a loan deal. Pereira is just not good enough; there still remains question marks over McTominay; Matic is past it; Fred is not rated and Garner perhaps is not ready. I feel very sorry for Pogba. He is a genuinely talented player. I do not think he will reach the heights of a Xavi or Scholes, but if you surrounded him with even a few competent midfielders, we'd see far greater consistency, of that I'm sure.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

:eek: Genuinely not sure if serious...

You think Bernardo Silva 'might get into United's team at a push'!?

Wow...

And yeah, Foden is a far superior player to Lingard (though doubtful Ole would see that, and would probably play Lingard over him - as is now occurring with Greenwood).