Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

sirAlexsglasses

Seriously…..how were they ever allowed to purchase the club by leveraging us with debt??? HOW?? I just wish they would piss off now!!! I haven’t given these scum a single penny of my money since they took ownership of my club, these leeches need to be hammered at every opportunity. Do not give them your money, but then where it hurts, there needs to be more protests to get them out.

GiddyUp

Seriously…..how were they ever allowed to purchase the club by leveraging us with debt??? HOW?? I just wish they would piss off now!!! I haven’t given these scum a single penny of my money since they took ownership of my club, these leeches need to be hammered at every opportunity. Do not give them your money, but then where it hurts, there needs to be more protests to get them out.
At this point I'd be prouder wearing a knock off United shirt than one bought through an official merchandiser. I would feel like I wasn't ripped off as much with the fake.

marktan

Said it'll be 20 years before we challenge for the league since our last win and I stand by that. With the Glazers not really making any progress in any area of the club I can see it being even longer.

Dookingham United

Good to hear that you haven't given them any money.
I'm the same.
Now we need to work on others. How many can you discourage from buying jerseys or choosing another company over the one that sponsors us?
We need to realise that we are at war now.
We need to go through the pain of the fall of our team financially in order to save our club in the very far future.

Banana Republic

Well, we are said to be talking to potential partners with regard to the proposed new stadium, or stadium redevelopment.
Dubai are looking to raise their sporting profile.
No doubt, the Glazers will be talking to a few people over the coming months.

MacarisSocks

The only time these parrasites reacted was when sponsorships were threatened. Another trophyless season, Old Trafford an antiquated leaky mess. Has to be time for the fans to ramp it right up and hit em where it hurts, and not just be appeased with a marquee signing.

choccy77

The only time these parrasites reacted was when sponsorships were threatened. Another trophyless season, Old Trafford an antiquated leaky mess. Has to be time for the fans to ramp it right up and hit em where it hurts, and not just be appeased with a marquee signing.
No champions league means...... panick buys again to get 4th place.

Gotta protect that Adidas money

AneRu

Any chance Dubai could buy the club?
Eventually someone like that will because football is fast turning into an arena for billionaire/corrupt states di#k swinging arena. That Chelsea, after the Roman fiasco, will easily come out with an even richer owner than the one they had shows how far gone the situation is. How many bidders have lined up for Chelsea at the valuation being touted, how long can the Glazers hold on - between enticing offers and fan pressure - before deciding to cash out?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Eventually someone like that will because football is fast turning into an arena for billionaire/corrupt states di#k swinging arena. That Chelsea, after the Roman fiasco, will easily come out with an even richer owner than the one they had shows how far gone the situation is. How many bidders have lined up for Chelsea at the valuation being touted, how long can the Glazers hold on - between enticing offers and fan pressure - before deciding to cash out?
I think the Chelsea interest from prospective buyers has been a real eye opener for me. I think the day the Glazers look to sell, there won't be a shortage of offers.

Last edited:

Coops73

To be honest it’s surprised me that the Dubai government or that Sheikh Mohammad fella hasn’t taken more of an interest in a football club, seems right up their street.

Coops73

I think the Chelsea interest from prospective buyers has been a real eye opener for me. I think the day the Glazers look to sell, there weren't be a shortage of offers.
I thought exactly the same thing, surely they’re keeping an eye on that situation with talk of 2.5 billion offers coming in from multiple groups you’d think the glazers could feasibly get 4-5 billion for United.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I thought exactly the same thing, surely they’re keeping an eye on that situation with talk of 2.5 billion offers coming in from multiple groups you’d think the glazers could feasibly get 4-5 billion for United.
I think it was Michael Knighton who said that the Glazers had a £4 billion offer from the Saudis to buy the club, pre Super League debacle. I was sceptical at the time but it's making sense to me now, because these chaps know that they'll likely get a similar amount or more in the future.

Possibly, if Glazers were willing to sell.
The majority of the family except Joel has no interest in the club and would be happy to sell since the super league fiasco. They have always had a price but unfortunately their mismanagement of the club has put off investors meeting their price.

They have sold off so many shares over the past 2 years though that their desire to exit is now an open secret. I would be very interested to know who has been buying the shares.

Coops73

The majority of the family except Joel has no interest in the club and would be happy to sell since the super league fiasco. They have always had a price but unfortunately their mismanagement of the club has put off investors meeting their price.

They have sold off so many shares over the past 2 years though that their desire to exit is now an open secret. I would be very interested to know who has been buying the shares.
Wasn’t it some mob called Ariel investments, could be wrong though.

AneRu

I think the Chelsea interest from prospective buyers has been a real eye opener for me. I think the day the Glazers look to sell, there weren't be a shortage of offers.
Same here, I was actually shocked at the level of interest in Chelsea. Roman was the trailblazer and now it seems most billionaires want a piece of the pie. Given the investment needed to placate the fans and the opportunity for one big pay off (its not like the Glazers make that much money off United, £10m or so in dividends isn't much to write home about) I am actually shocked they aren't actively looking to sell.

clarkydaz

I think it was Michael Knighton who said that the Glazers had a £4 billion offer from the Saudis to buy the club, pre Super League debacle. I was sceptical at the time but it's making sense to me now, because these chaps know that they'll likely get a similar amount or more in the future.
if thats true maybe they turned it down thinking they had the superleague in the bag. I detest them, turn my stomach the mention/sight of them

Matthew84!

If people really want the owners out they've got 2 weeks to organise something for the next game,
If there was a protest or something perhaps the owners would get tired and sell.

Strootman's Finger

This is the best way to deal with the glazers, but hard to organize. Their sole purpose in owning the club is sponsorship money. If United fans en masse started emailing, tweeting, etc, telling these companies they will be boycotted as long as the Glazers own United and they sponsor United they'll start dropping. Look what's going on in the US, 20 people getting offended by something a product like coke sponsors and they immediately respond, corporations are there to make money and they go with the tide, if the tide is United is tainted and being associated with them will cost money they will bail, and this can happen quickly. Sponsors bail, less money coming in, less appeal to new sponsers, club value decreasing, they'll jump ship quick.

Flying high

The surest way to get all this dirty money out of the game, is if we start getting some of it.

Moriarty

If people really want the owners out they've got 2 weeks to organise something for the next game,
If there was a protest or something perhaps the owners would get tired and sell.
The Glazers have shown in the past that they are immune to protests. Didn't Joel Glazer recently promise to have more fan interaction? Did it happen? I think it will take something like a sustained fan boycott of all games to get their undivided attention and that will be difficult, to say the least, to set up and adhere to.

Spoony

The People's President
The Glazers have shown in the past that they are immune to protests. Didn't Joel Glazer recently promise to have more fan interaction? Did it happen? I think it will take something like a sustained fan boycott of all games to get their undivided attention and that will be difficult, to say the least, to set up and adhere to.

No. They've not addressed any of the points (4 wasn't it...)put to them after the ESL fiasco. They'll do whatever they want. The only thing we can hope for them to sell up.

The Irish Connection

Totally agree. Now would be a good time to organize another protest and put the pressure back on the owners. Hopefully United fans in and around Manchester think the same and get something done.
The Chelsea sale has shown that there would be a lot of interest if the club was made available and the potential for better owners is there.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Oh good, we want to organise protests against the Glazers again

Anything other than an organised boycott is pointless (and even the impact of that won't be that great...)

goptun

People can say what they want about Neville being cringe etc. I have huge respect for him to keep calling out the Glazers
Well said. It really bugs me when people slag Neville off to the heavens. He was the most vocal and vociferous voice in the wake of the abhorrent Super League shit, and he quite clearly hates the United ownership.

Vapor trail

How do we get them out though. Constant talk but no action.
On field lack of success perhaps. The emergence of more Saudi based ownership will also cause further inflation into the markets like PSG did with Mbappe / Neymar. I think the club's declining ability to be a competitive sporting establishment will hurt the club's value the longer it carries on. It's almost ten years since SAF retired, will another further decade of failure aid whatever the Glazers motivations are.

Employing inexperienced people in key positions, heading into a very hot summer for transfer activity where no preparations can be made due to no permanent manager. I have no idea how the Glazers can be billionaire businessmen yet run a football club like amateurs.

Moriarty

No. They've not addressed any of the points (4 wasn't it...)put to them after the ESL fiasco. They'll do whatever they want. The only thing we can hope for them to sell up.
I've read that the Glazer siblings are somewhat divided in their opinions about owning United. Darcie sold shares to fund a waterfront mansion in Florida but Joel and Avi, the main protagonists, have been carrying on as normal. I still think the Super League plan will be resurrected at some point and they won't go if there's a chance of that money-spinner coming to fruition.