Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Dookingham United

Manchester United has a cancer!

A tumor effects every part of your life, draining you of energy, causing a healthy person to slowly waste away. The cancer must be cut out and aggressively targeted with medicine so strong that it will make you sick while you take it in the hope that you can kill it before it kills you.

The Glazers are a cancer that are killing our beloved football club.

What we are seeing from our team is the direct effects of the cancer that is sucking the money and energy out of every aspect of our team.

The list of problems are absolutely unbelievable! - Our finances, the stadium, the management structure, the teams mentality, the players we buy, the players we don't buy, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
These are symptoms! The cause of all these problems are the owners.
We need to get them out and that needs to be done with a serious surgery.

Matchday fans need to keep going to OT. The old guard are really important. We need them to be our voice of support to players etc. but to hammer the Glazers every opportunity they get. But they need to make sure that don't give a penny more to the club. No buying food at OT, no buying merchandise in the super store.
For the rest of us we need to immediately stop buying jerseys etc. We need to stop watching the games and we need to boycott companies that sponsor us let those companies know why through social media.

These sound outrageous I know but I guarantee that it would force change.

I will always support my team as I have done for the last 20 years, I believe that we are in a fight for the very life our this once great club and because of this I will do what I need to do.

What are you willing to do to help your club?

Dookingham United

@Dookingham United

Good post.

The Glazers are the cancer that need to be removed.
Unfortunately I believe we will not survive as a football club unless a Manchester United fan actually buys the club and removes the debt.
Thanks,
We need to force the sale with our wallets. Force the government in the UK to give clubs back to the fans through a share buyback scheme. (I am in Ireland so I can't do anything about that)
Bloody hell, I'd take out another 500mil loan leveraging the club again just to get our United back.
At the moment being a United fan is like having your wife owned by a bunch of pimps!

m1tch

Matchday fans need to keep going to OT. The old guard are really important. We need them to be our voice of support to players etc. but to hammer the Glazers every opportunity they get. But they need to make sure that don't give a penny more to the club. No buying food at OT, no buying merchandise in the super store.
For the rest of us we need to immediately stop buying jerseys etc. We need to stop watching the games and we need to boycott companies that sponsor us let those companies know why through social media.
This was a thing people said to do when they took over, it just doesn't happen to any noticeable extent. Those that don't buy merchandise (always seen as uncool amongst a fair number of match goers) or spend on food in the ground etc were already not doing that before the Glazers.

This is Tory Britain, there's not much evidence that people in England behave as a collective to counter punitive rule from those above them. Apathy, willful ignorance and individualism sums up the majority in this country and therefore don't expect our fan base to be any different. The poll tax riots over 30 years ago are the last example to counter what I'm saying.

Face it, we were powerless to stop the takeover and we are powerless to remove them. Our best hope is that it becomes obvious to the Glazers that the club won't return to the top 4 without £500million+ of investment in the squad, that might persuade them to sell. Then it's fingers crossed the new owners would be better.

Dookingham United

This was a thing people said to do when they took over, it just doesn't happen to any noticeable extent. Those that don't buy merchandise (always seen as uncool amongst a fair number of match goers) or spend on food in the ground etc were already not doing that before the Glazers.

This is Tory Britain, there's not much evidence that people in England behave as a collective to counter punitive rule from those above them. Apathy, willful ignorance and individualism sums up the majority in this country and therefore don't expect our fan base to be any different. The poll tax riots over 30 years ago are the last example to counter what I'm saying.

Face it, we were powerless to stop the takeover and we are powerless to remove them. Our best hope is that it becomes obvious to the Glazers that the club won't return to the top 4 without £500million+ of investment in the squad, that might persuade them to sell. Then it's fingers crossed the new owners would be better.
Well those matchday goers need to take their heads out of their ***** and see what is going on.
This is a war for the future of our club which we are loosing badly right now. We are not winning any small victories at all!
We are not gaining any new fans, City are mopping them all up with their lovely football and winning everything around them. We will continue to loose plastic fans (who are actually important as they inject money into the club) and one day we will find ourselves in exactly the same position as Newcastle Utd.
We are not powerless but we are divided.
Who can you talk to that you can convince to take a small bit of action? I bet you know 5 people. Could you convince them to not buy a jersey next season?

croadyman

Nothing really matters, because protests always end when they bring a shiny new toy. They should be forced out of the club, but fans don't have stomach for that kind of war of attrition.
Blimey we must look like a proper soft touch if a few signings can butter the fanbase up so easily

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
We saw the result of the decision to bring in Ronaldo to add to another ageing striker today.
Not bringing in a DM in the summer or in this last window.
And also not addressing the Greenwood situation this window.

We will not make top 4.

100% the mess the club is in lies with the Glazers.

btw I realized a picture of them will not look out of place on the cover Exile on Main Street.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yeah, well. Get used to this, as we're not getting any better with these incompetent billionaires in charge

Let’s us remember they took dividend this January while we desperately needed a signing to try and help secure top 4 and back Ralf.

They never stopped taking dividend all through COVID while telling us we have no money for transfers, didn’t invest one cent of their own money to help their business out either.

They shouldn’t be allowed to set foot in Manchester

UnitedFan93

They continue to con the fans and sadly the fans fall for it. Absolutely zero sustained effort from the entire fanbase to get them out. Loyalty gets you nowhere, only boycotts work.

Coops73

What really will work is disruption of matches as happened last season.
Agreed but the match going fans haven’t got the stomach for it and I kind of get that (it ain’t me paying the money) but disruption and anarchy in a consistent measured way is the only way. Get games stopped, constant disruption and protests.

Red Dreams

Agreed but the match going fans haven’t got the stomach for it and I kind of get that (it ain’t me paying the money) but disruption and anarchy in a consistent measured way is the only way. Get games stopped, constant disruption and protests.
Understand MUST is in bed with them.

btw The Super league is only shelved.

We must hurt them where it hurts. Their pockets.

UnitedFan93

Targeting sponsors also works. The Glazers began to listen when the Myprotein training ground deal collapsed due to fan backlash. Hence the Ronaldo deal, the talk of OT/training ground redevelopment plans, fan ownership scheme etc; it's all designed to shut the fans up. Sadly it works, but it should not.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Trying to oust the owners is pointless and an unnecessary distraction. They have allowed the management team to adequately fund the squad over the years and more than most other clubs across Europe.
The club actually needs to rebuild and refresh all of its other 100s of staff including all of the following who are pulling this club in the wrong direction from the top down

COACHING STAFF
Name/Position
Ralf Rangnick
Caretaker Manager
Mike Phelan
Assistant Manager
Chris Armas
Assistant Manager
Richard Hartis
Goalkeeping Coach
Craig Mawson
Goalkeeping Coach
Mike Clegg
Conditioning Coach
Andrew Meredith
Chief Analyst
Paul Brand
Chief Analyst
Eric Ramsay
Individual Coach
Richard Hawkins
Athletic Coach
Mark Dempsey
Coordinator of talent management
Ewan Sharp
Match Analyst
MANAGEMENT
Name/Position
John Murtough
Director of Football
Darren Fletcher
Technical Director
Helmut Groß
Adivser of management
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Name/Position
Sir Bobby Charlton
Board Member
Sir Alex Ferguson
Board Member
David Gill
Board Member
SCOUTING
Name/Position
Jim Lawlor
Chief Scout
Andreas Herrmann
Scout
David Williams
Scout
Marcel Bout
Scout
Budimir Vujacic
Scout
Tommy Möller Nielsen
Scout
Thomas Bormann
Scout
Armand Benneker
Scout
Vasco Noronha
Scout
Roy Beukenkamp
Scout
Péter Szőke
Scout
Scott Donnelly
Scout
David Harrison
Youth Chief Scout
Rene Moonen
Youth Scout
MEDICAL DEPARTMENT
Name/Position
Rod Thornley
Physiotherapist
Jos van Dijk
Physiotherapist
David Binningsley
Physiotherapist
Sascha Lense
Sport Psychologist
James Parr
Sports Scientist
Robin Sadler
Medical Director Physiotherapy
OTHER ACTIVITIES
Name/Position
Bryan Robson
Club representative
Les Parry
Academy Staff
Justin Cochrane
Academy Staff
YOUTH
Name/Position
Nick Cox
Academy Manager

Didn't we just have a huge summer?

I'm personally in favour of tightening the purses from now on. We need to work with what we've got.
How do we get back to where we want to be without replacing players though?

It baffles me when I hear that we should tighten the purses. Why would you not want to see us sign the worlds best players? I would love if we spent big on Haaland

Red Dreams

How do we get back to where we want to be without replacing players though?

It baffles me when I hear that we should tighten the purses. Why would you not want to see us sign the worlds best players? I would love if we spent big on Haaland
Maybe we can play our youth team. Retire or sell the first team squad.
that will save us money.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Trying to oust the owners is pointless and an unnecessary distraction. They have allowed the management team to adequately fund the squad over the years and more than most other clubs across Europe.
The club actually needs to rebuild and refresh all of its other 100s of staff including all of the following who are pulling this club in the wrong direction from the top down

COACHING STAFF
Name/Position
Ralf Rangnick
Caretaker Manager
Mike Phelan
Assistant Manager
Chris Armas
Assistant Manager
Richard Hartis
Goalkeeping Coach
Craig Mawson
Goalkeeping Coach
Mike Clegg
Conditioning Coach
Andrew Meredith
Chief Analyst
Paul Brand
Chief Analyst
Eric Ramsay
Individual Coach
Richard Hawkins
Athletic Coach
Mark Dempsey
Ewan Sharp
Match Analyst
MANAGEMENT
Name/Position
John Murtough
Director of Football
Darren Fletcher
Technical Director
Helmut Groß
Adivser of management
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Name/Position
Sir Bobby Charlton
Board Member
Sir Alex Ferguson
Board Member
David Gill
Board Member
SCOUTING
Name/Position
Jim Lawlor
Chief Scout
Andreas Herrmann
Scout
David Williams
Scout
Marcel Bout
Scout
Budimir Vujacic
Scout
Tommy Möller Nielsen
Scout
Thomas Bormann
Scout
Armand Benneker
Scout
Vasco Noronha
Scout
Roy Beukenkamp
Scout
Péter Szőke
Scout
Scott Donnelly
Scout
David Harrison
Youth Chief Scout
Rene Moonen
Youth Scout
MEDICAL DEPARTMENT
Name/Position
Rod Thornley
Physiotherapist
Jos van Dijk
Physiotherapist
David Binningsley
Physiotherapist
Sascha Lense
Sport Psychologist
James Parr
Sports Scientist
Robin Sadler
OTHER ACTIVITIES
Name/Position
Bryan Robson
Club representative
Les Parry
Academy Staff
Justin Cochrane
Academy Staff
YOUTH
Name/Position
Nick Cox
Academy Manager
Go on then, give us some detailed points about how Justin Cochrane is pulling us in the wrong direction.

red thru&thru

Go on then, give us some detailed points about how Justin Cochrane is pulling us in the wrong direction.
Glazers biggest mistake was to allow Ed to carry on for so long. Not to bring in the best in class when coming to the football operation at the top.

The ONLY faith I have in the coming summer is that Ralf is here, and he is allowed to do what he does best. Then I have faith.

Arnold also says he wants to leave footballing decisions to the football department. Again, if this is true, then that's good.

But all the above falls on the shoulders of Joel. So we just have to keep the faith for now. But the reason we are where we are, is due to the numbers of years of mismanagement by the Glazers.

Red Dreams

Glazers biggest mistake was to allow Ed to carry on for so long. Not to bring in the best in class when coming to the football operation at the top.

The ONLY faith I have in the coming summer is that Ralf is here, and he is allowed to do what he does best. Then I have faith.

Arnold also says he wants to leave footballing decisions to the football department. Again, if this is true, then that's good.

But all the above falls on the shoulders of Joel. So we just have to keep the faith for now. But the reason we are where we are, is due to the numbers of years of mismanagement by the Glazers.
this

wolvored

We have the biggest net spend in Europe, and probably the world. So its not money being spent that is the issue. Now i am hoping it was the incompetance of Woodward who ran everything on the football side, even though he hadnt a clue. Lets hope Arnold is true to his word and leaves the footballing decisions, including transfers to the football folks.
As it stands I reckon the Glazers will look to sell up, once Newcastle gets into its stride and takes the final 4th spot. This could take 2-3 years, maybe sooner. Once we are struggling with Arsenal and Spurs for 5th-8th spot and revenue falls, thats when they will go.

The Irish Connection

I'm personally in favour of tightening the purses from now on. We need to work with what we've got.
Strongly disagree. This might sound harsh, but it’s fans like you that are part of the problem. We need to all be on the same page in getting these owners to seriously change or Feck off.

For the team to get back to the top, we need to be having excellent transfer windows, better than our rivals, every year. Last summer was good but not excellent. We needed a holding midfielder and didn’t get one. Were always being left short. And players like Lingard should have been moved on.

This coming summer, we need a minimum of 4 players, ideally 5. RB, 2 midfielders, striker/forward. I don’t care if it costs 250m, it needs to be done. And I don’t care if we end up having spent more than anyone in the world because we’re that far behind. It’s possible that it can be done using a few good free transfers but the most important thing is that it gets done and efficiently.

Th new coach needs to be added too.

look at Newcastle, PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. They move aggressively in recruitment to get them to the top ASAP.

Red Dreams

Strongly disagree. This might sound harsh, but it’s fans like you that are part of the problem. We need to all be on the same page in getting these owners to seriously change or Feck off.

For the team to get back to the top, we need to be having excellent transfer windows, better than our rivals, every year. Last summer was good but not excellent. We needed a holding midfielder and didn’t get one. Were always being left short. And players like Lingard should have been moved on.

This coming summer, we need a minimum of 4 players, ideally 5. RB, 2 midfielders, striker/forward. I don’t care if it costs 250m, it needs to be done. And I don’t care if we end up having spent more than anyone in the world because we’re that far behind. It’s possible that it can be done using a few good free transfers but the most important thing is that it gets done and efficiently.

Th new coach needs to be added too.

look at Newcastle, PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. They move aggressively in recruitment to get them to the top ASAP.
Read Arnold wants ten Hag instead of the players favourite Poch.
If that is so, it will be a move in the right direction.

Ralf can hand over the reigns to a no nonsense guy who weed out the deadwood.

We are already several seasons behind the top teams in terms of silverware.
We are currently going through a process that needs to address years of short term fix attempts.

If Ralf and ten Hag (hopefully) are backed we will get there.

The Irish Connection

We are currently going through a process that needs to address years of short term fix attempts.

I agree but if ten hag isn’t working within 2 seasons we should move on. Let’s see what happens this summer.

Dookingham United

COACHING STAFF
Name/Position
Ralf Rangnick
Caretaker Manager
Mike Phelan
Assistant Manager
Chris Armas
Assistant Manager
Richard Hartis
Goalkeeping Coach
Craig Mawson
Goalkeeping Coach
Mike Clegg
Conditioning Coach
Andrew Meredith
Chief Analyst
Paul Brand
Chief Analyst
Eric Ramsay
Individual Coach
Richard Hawkins
Athletic Coach
Mark Dempsey
Ewan Sharp
Match Analyst
MANAGEMENT
Name/Position
John Murtough
Director of Football
Darren Fletcher
Technical Director
Helmut Groß
Adivser of management
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Name/Position
Sir Bobby Charlton
Board Member
Sir Alex Ferguson
Board Member
David Gill
Board Member
SCOUTING
Name/Position
Jim Lawlor
Chief Scout
Andreas Herrmann
Scout
David Williams
Scout
Marcel Bout
Scout
Budimir Vujacic
Scout
Tommy Möller Nielsen
Scout
Thomas Bormann
Scout
Armand Benneker
Scout
Vasco Noronha
Scout
Roy Beukenkamp
Scout
Péter Szőke
Scout
Scott Donnelly
Scout
David Harrison
Youth Chief Scout
Rene Moonen
Youth Scout
MEDICAL DEPARTMENT
Name/Position
Rod Thornley
Physiotherapist
Jos van Dijk
Physiotherapist
David Binningsley
Physiotherapist
Sascha Lense
Sport Psychologist
James Parr
Sports Scientist
Robin Sadler
OTHER ACTIVITIES
Name/Position
Bryan Robson
Club representative
Les Parry
Academy Staff
Justin Cochrane
Academy Staff
YOUTH
Name/Position
Nick Cox
Academy Manager

How is it a pointless task? They are the ones that have chosen to allow clearly underperforming, soft, and in some cases - absolutely useless staff members to continue in their positions.
An owner with a focus on success would constantly vet the staff and if we are underperforming in any area the OWNERS make a change.
The Glazers don't care about anything at all other than the brown envelope that periodically travels across the Atlantic.

Dookingham United

They make it LOOK like it was a huge summer. That's what they keep doing.
We have horrific problems in defense, midfield, and shall we say a few old problems up front. At least our GK is perfect....

They put some air in the one tire of our crapped out old car and ignored the smoke coming out from under the bonnet.

Telsim

If it's true Joel Glazer favors Poch all other opinions mean feck all.

Lebowski

Man Utd: Half time 0-0 at home against Brighton, with Brighton dictating the game. Team enter the tunnel with boos ringing out around the stadium.

At the same time, city go 5-0 up away in their Champions League knockout game.

Decent illustration of the polar effect each owner has had on their respective Manchester club.