Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Yakuza_devils

The way Arnold and Murtough are doing transfer business I actually start to miss Woodward. I can't believe I am actually feeling this way. How can they be worse than Woodward? Unbelievable.

Water Melon

Hostility is the only way. Stopping the games from happening will make sure they notice. Otherwise, same old same old. The OT will remain in shite condition, the debt will stay as it is if not increase, we will be left further and further behind the top clubs.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Hostility is the only way. Stopping the games from happening will make sure they notice. Otherwise, same old same old. The OT will remain in shite condition, the debt will stay as it is if not increase, we will be left further and further behind the top clubs.
You do not give a manager everything they want, we keep having to relearn this every summer. Just sort out the scouting department already ffs.

FcUnitedRed

Supports
Glazers Out
Genuine question.

If all/vast majority of united fans want the same (change of ownership, regular title challenges, quality signings, little/no debt etc).

Why can we not all UNITE and do something about our current decline in football.

I'm not talking about violent protest or anything along them lines. Why can we not get everybody siniging from the same hymn sheet?, why as a fanbase are we so divided?, Why can we not come up with feasable ideas that we all agree on and put these ideas to good use?

The vast majority b1tch and moan (including myself) about the state of how the club is run but we will do nothing about it.

It's genuinely baffling.

Utd7

Nevermind the fact the Premier League should’ve never approved a leverage buyout in the first place. But why hasn’t the PL stepped in and forced the Glazers to sell with their financially predatory behavior? The NBA, MLB and NFL for example have forced owners to sell if they weren’t fit to own a team. Why can’t this happen in England? Is there a law protecting the Glazers investment?

red thru&thru

Hostility? I do agree with you. However, should people really be banned to do this? Be hit with financial fines? I don't.

Ema_datsi

I don’t know if it’s been brought up before, but how feasible would an anti-Glazer Ad campaign be? A season-long Ad campaign to boycott sponsors and hi-light the club’s problems. Space could be bought on billboards close to OT and away game stadiums (domestic and abroad).

A season-long campaign of messages to boycott sponsors (list of the major ones - Team View, Adidas, etc) and merchandise; a countdown clock of time since last trophy; the amount of debt and dividend payouts accumulated since takeover; list of renovations needed at OT; a “we need proper owners” message; etc. Not only does this grab media attention and spot light the club’s predicament, but it paints a nice big bright target on the sponsors. The Glazers don’t care about their name as long as they get their money, but sponsors do and they need to see how toxic the brand has become. A lot of our supporter-base are ignorant of behind-the-scenes problems. Tweets and social media interactions are fine and good, but the message is not unified enough and tends to get muddied by trolls, rivals’ banter and player-manager criticisms. Nothing gets the point (Glazer’s are the root problem) across like giant protests, or failing that, a sustained Ad campaign.

I’m sure some of the supporter groups, that aren’t in-bed with the Glazers, have the wherewithal to setup a GoFundMe and organize an Ad campaign or even buy a major billboard in Manchester. They could even try a test-run by targeting some of the bigger games this season. MUFC has a global supporter base that people like Arnold prostituted for years, and that same base could be tapped into crowd funding this campaign. I haven’t bought a MUFC jersey or any Adidas stuff in years, and I’d happily put that money towards a cause that could help remove the Galzers.

Just another frustrated supporter trying to come up ideas.

Yakuza_devils

We need a massive summer window after finishing fecking 6th last season. Instead what we get is the most incompetent team handling the transfers. It becomes a laughing stock of world football again.

When is this madness going to end? Arnold and Murtough have to go. Glazers need to come to fan forum to explain what the feck is going on and what's the plan going forward.

This is beyond ridiculous it has been the same shit for the last 10 years. If without SAF's magic, Glazers ownership could be much worse. Since their takeover we have problem after problem and all the fans are being fecked by Glazers. The only people benefits from this is Glazers' family.

Telsim

There is no point in hoping or expecting anything. As long as these parasites and their puppets are running this club it will remain a laugh stock and will slip further and further down into mediocrity. Failure merchants.

3KDré

What can we even do to get them out? I hate to say it but honestly the only thing way is if we get so bad that we are no longer one of the biggest clubs commercially in the world, which would take another decade.

Matthew84!

Time for the protests every game until they are gone, if you care, do something, protest, take banners, don't turn up just don't give your ticket away,
Protest everything glazers.

I’m loving my life

Now is the time to direct your anger onto these cnuts. Their mismanagement of the club has never been starker. It permeates down to the results on the pitch. The culture is one of abject failure and the ethos of the club is that it is merely a money making scheme for a bunch of criminals. If you’re happy with that then fair fecks, you must be some kind of masochist.

Long Time Red

Time for the protests every game until they are gone, if you care, do something, protest, take banners, don't turn up just don't give your ticket away,
Protest everything glazers.
It really needs to go a lot further than that.

A human blockade of the ground to get all fixtures called off is really the way to go.

Rolaholic

They couldn't care less about their influence/stature in England/abroad. There have been protests against them, even prior to their purchase of the club.

They couldn't care less what any of us think or want. The only real hope honestly is that we continue to decline to the point where they are urged to get out to maximize their profit.

That’s really the only hope from where I stand...

The Irish Connection

Replacing prime Ronaldo with aging Michael Owen and Obertan.
Fellaini last minute for more than his release clause.
Fred and Dalot.
van de beek and amad.

These transfer windows are just shambolic.
They are destroying a great club.

Glazers out!

hp88

Seems like a lot of the media are starting to get on their case now, Winter has always been critical of the Glazers so not surprised with his views after that game.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
They have nothing to offer other than debt and certainly trying hard to play right into the stereotype of stereotypes.

I’m loving my life

I really hope they are chased out of this club.

They have used our great heritage to make monetary gain, to the tune of millions.

Would you go to Stonehenge, smash it up and take money for yourself, legally? Heritage is quite rightly protected by laws in this country.

These leeches have pounced on an important part of British heritage and degraded it for their own ends.

Chelsea were allowed to screen potential buyers to ensure they weren’t affected in the same way we have been affected by the glazers. An ‘anti-Glazer’ clause.

That’s an admission by the UK government that what these parasitic owners have done to our club is wrong

Whatever you think about Manchester United, whatever your club, you need to do something to address this issue.

We need to relentlessly target these utter cnuts

Mmm-Qatarian

They have nothing to offer other than debt and certainly trying hard to play right into the stereotype of stereotypes.
This is just anti-semitic. Aim your vitriol at the character and behaviour of the Glazers, do not post this heinous crap.

SirtheIcarium

Luckily I didn't see it, the missus booked tickets for the Baz Lurhmann Elvis film.

Fans see the players and managers, but there is a lot more needed behind the scenes. The reason we are going after Ten Hags targets only is because our scouting system is crap. The stadium is falling apart, there is a hole in the roof (unless it's been fixed since), and we are bottom of the league.

The thing about City and Liverpool is that they have world class support structures behind Klopp and Pep, so they are put in the best place to succeed. Ten Hag has to overperform just to break even.

I work in a huge financial firm, and one of the things that is constantly drilled into us is "best in class". Do we have the best systems, the best structure, the best practises, the best people? Do you reckon the Glazers are asking themselves that about United?

Basically, at this point, we are 70s Elvis, and the Glazers are Col. Parker, just desperately trying to milk what little bit more they can, before the inevitable happens. They are vampires, trying to get that last little bit of blood before the body goes cold

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This is just anti-semitic. Aim your vitriol at the character and behaviour of the Glazers, do not post this heinous crap.
There was no mention of origin until you've mentioned it. Greedy merchants, snake oil salesmen are oldest stereotypes, no matter of somebody's nationality etc.

I'm gonna post what I want or feel to.

Roboc7

The tide is turning in the media, will this be the season fans finally really turn on them. If we’re still playing like this by time we play Arsenal in September and still bottom of the league Old Trafford should be toxic.

Even the people that want to believe it will get better and get taken in by ‘new structures’ and signings must be whittling away.

Mmm-Qatarian

There was no mention of origin until you've mentioned it. Greedy merchants, snake oil salesmen are oldest stereotypes, no matter of somebody's nationality etc.

I'm gonna post what I want or feel to.
Dude, you know what you were doing.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
The real test of an owners conviction in spending is wether or not they are willing to spend to move on the wrong players. If you spend 70 million on a player, then keep them for 8 years regardless of how they play, then you haven’t really spent a lot for that position. Real investment would mean being smarter with wages OR being willing to subsidize the players wages for them to leave at a loss. Taking a loss is sometimes necessary if you are keeping a healthy squad.

You have kept Phil Jones his entire career. That alone should be red flag enough that something is wrong at a level above manager. You wouldn’t be able to convince me Mourihno or LVG wouldn’t have moved him on in a heartbeat otherwise.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Dude, you know what you were doing.
Of course I know what I'm doing. Glazers are stereotypical merchants, who's tactics are to buy sport institutions and leave them in questionable state after a while.

If you want honest discussion, you always come to me, pal.

Stereotype of stereotypes. Write it in your book.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Luckily I didn't see it, the missus booked tickets for the Baz Lurhmann Elvis film.

Fans see the players and managers, but there is a lot more needed behind the scenes. The reason we are going after Ten Hags targets only is because our scouting system is crap. The stadium is falling apart, there is a hole in the roof (unless it's been fixed since), and we are bottom of the league.

The thing about City and Liverpool is that they have world class support structures behind Klopp and Pep, so they are put in the best place to succeed. Ten Hag has to overperform just to break even.

I work in a huge financial firm, and one of the things that is constantly drilled into us is "best in class". Do we have the best systems, the best structure, the best practises, the best people? Do you reckon the Glazers are asking themselves that about United?

Basically, at this point, we are 70s Elvis, and the Glazers are Col. Parker, just desperately trying to milk what little bit more they can, before the inevitable happens. They are vampires, trying to get that last little bit of blood before the body goes cold
No, they are not willing to pay for what, in American sorts, is generally called the “plumbing”.

The buy a player every now and then and try to convince people they are spending money on the club.

The infrastructure for success that Liverpool and City have, and Chelsea is building costs a lot of money. The Glazers will avoid all that, drop 70 million on another player, then try to convince people they are up to owning a club the stature of United. They aren’t.

The other poster made an excellent point about the Anti-Glazer clauses in our owner search. Maybe the Glazers should take that as a hint?