Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

ShinjiNinja26

Don’t know if this has been posted already, I know it’s the clubs official channel but sickening nonetheless. :mad:

At least Ben Thornley knows the score and doesn’t seem to happy with the rest of them puppets.

red thru&thru

Don’t know if this has been posted already, I know it’s the clubs official channel but sickening nonetheless. :mad:

At least Ben Thornley knows the score and doesn’t seem to happy with the rest of them puppets.
I'm not too sure what else they're suppose to do? Ok, I get they should just stay quiet like Ben did, but the presenter can't really do much more.

ShinjiNinja26

I'm not too sure what else they're suppose to do? Ok, I get they should just stay quiet like Ben did, but the presenter can't really do much more.
Like I said I know it’s the clubs official channel but it’s still fecking sickening to see this. We all know, them included the bloke on the phone is correct and the glazers are leeching cnuts but they choose to bury their head in the sand I know they obviously have to protect their jobs but no need to laugh about the situation. The presenter “haha this is everywhere at the moment” and Paddy Crerand “haha every clubs in debt” trying to sound condescending like he knows more than the fan, no Paddy the club was basically debt free before these bastards got their hands on it. Just makes my blood boil is all.:keano:

red thru&thru

Like I said I know it’s the clubs official channel but it’s still fecking sickening to see this. We all know, them included the bloke on the phone is correct and the glazers are leeching cnuts but they choose to bury their head in the sand I know they obviously have to protect their jobs but no need to laugh about the situation. The presenter “haha this is everywhere at the moment” and Paddy Crerand “haha every clubs in debt” trying to sound condescending like he knows more than the fan, no Paddy the club was basically debt free before these bastards got their hands on it. Just makes my blood boil is all.:keano:
But the question is, has the guy who called in got MUTV? I thought that was part of the simple plan of not lining up the pockets of the Glazer's? Why are people getting in a hissy fit over it?

Stop following all official channels of the club. Stop purchasing official products. Stop attending games.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
It would be interesting to know what the Glazers have planned in terms of their eventual exit from the club - the valuation of the club takes it out of the hands of anyone but the sugar daddy-type buyers without mentioning the necessary investment needed in the team and facilities; if the Saudis have actually been interested but turned-down by the Glazers, then what is the plan? There aren’t many (any?) options left after the Saudis have Newcastle or whomever. Do they figure the Chinese might be produce a buyer at some point? Or another American to leverage the club all-over again?

The obvious answer I suppose is that they aren’t going anywhere ever, so there is no need to have a exit strategy - they can just keep milking the club for decades to come. The valuation of the club will of course eventually drop, but given the small amount they actually put into buying the club then they don’t actually need to sell for that much to profit on that aspect alone, especially after milking the club for long enough.

red thru&thru

Firstly I think the fans need decide what it is they want? Obviously everyone will have their opinions but there has to be a leading group, such as MUST, who represents the majority of the fans and put their demands in.

For me, I want a proper football structure in place; Ralf Rangnick & Paul Mitchell.

Loon

:lol:
When I was a kid, Edward Woodward played The Equalizer. This cnut is The Tranquilliser.

C'est Moi Cantona

They'll be singing for Neil Ashton to be thrown on the bonfire before long, the guy needs to tone it down a bit, about a subtle as brick.

Jericholyte2

Given Neil Ashton’s fine work in the last few days (6 signings, board fully backing Ole to make these signings, Woodward more determined than ever to get United back) we really need to be seeing headlines in April and May of deals being done. I remember last season when Bayern signed Lucas Hernandez it was announce way before the window opened, we need to do similar before getting bogged down wi5 the internationals and then the Euros.

We really have to start seeing some pro-active moves otherwise we’d just have more ammunition to throw at Woodward and the Glazers.

They’ve really painted themselves 8n a corner with these messages.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Beefing up scouting operation. Already have 50 scouts. Briefed the press about how many hundreds of right backs we analysed before signing AWB. But now we are going to step it up :lol:

The more he briefs, the worse he looks.

AneRu

Given Neil Ashton’s fine work in the last few days (6 signings, board fully backing Ole to make these signings, Woodward more determined than ever to get United back) we really need to be seeing headlines in April and May of deals being done. I remember last season when Bayern signed Lucas Hernandez it was announce way before the window opened, we need to do similar before getting bogged down wi5 the internationals and then the Euros.

We really have to start seeing some pro-active moves otherwise we’d just have more ammunition to throw at Woodward and the Glazers.

They’ve really painted themselves 8n a corner with these messages.
This won't happen because the club is reactive and lacks the people with the competence to do such deals within the organization. Without significant changes in management we are stuck in this downward spiral for a few years still.

red thru&thru

Neil Ashton really scored an own goal by declaring he's going off to work for United/Ed. Anything that comes out of the media, the fans are just not going to believe. We've seen and heard it all before.

Woodzy

Just waiting for the stories of Woodward saving 12 kittens and a small child from a burning building now.

RedDevilRoshi

Firstly I think the fans need decide what it is they want? Obviously everyone will have their opinions but there has to be a leading group, such as MUST, who represents the majority of the fans and put their demands in.

For me, I want a proper football structure in place; Ralf Rangnick & Paul Mitchell.
That would be my dream scenario but I cannot see it happening under the present regime.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
What are fans protesting? I haven't got a grasp of all the details so I'm struggling to understand what the Glazers and Ed have done?

Our net spend in the last 5 years has been staggering. 2nd only to city I believe. It hasn't reflected in our performance so obviously that spending is going to be reigned in.

Our recruitment has been poor. Which is easy to say in hindsight.

Ed makes poor footballing decision and needs to appoint a DoF. Which is right. But a protest to demand a DoF is strange.

The debt placed on the club? Has it really restricted our spending.

I'm not defending the Glazers or Ed, I had a conversation with a Liverpool and a Chelsea fan last night and struggled to explain why the board is the problem. They couldn't see it - and I couldn't deny the facts they presented.
Do your research on the Tampa Bay Buccs and the reasons are there in black and white and can quite easily be explained. Since our parasitic owners took over, we have seen a sharp decline in on field success. Everything about the club is in decay, the team, the stadium, success, and respect, but as long as the dollars keep rolling in from the paying customers (We are not fans in their eyes)they are happy to let it continue. They have continued to mismanage the sporting side of the club and it can no longer be ignored.

Tarrou

this Ashton appointment is backfiring isn't it?

can see through the bullshit a mile off, as we've seen it all 50 times already

OUT!

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Gas... Liverpool ripped us apart over and over again. We were extremely lucky that wasn't 5 or 6 nil.

We've been terrible against loads of poor sides that sit deep and defend all season. This was a repeat of that pattern.

We create a few early chances, then as the game wears on the performance starts to drop as we run out of ideas. Then the opposition get a goal via a set piece, a worldie or defensive error and it's game over.

We weren't playing well against Burnley at the start either. It was all slow side to side, take a potshot when it's not on or get it wide to AWB who was one of the few who had a good game.

It's beyond delusional to think the team heard some fans singing love United hate Glazer and suddenly shit themselves but everything would have been fine if the fans were signing about Giggs or Cantona.

EDIT: Besides if they do it after the game it wouldn't get picked up in TV and who'd even notice. The whole point of protests is that you publicise them.
It's not a difficult question, you said we always fold after conceding first, I asked if we folded against Liverpool? I'll make it easier for you it's either No or No

The fans were signing about cutting Ed Woodward up from head to toe which is fecking sick, and you are delusional if you think that wouldn't negatively effect the players on the pitch, you can't just block that shit out, I don't care who you are.

dave1956

I believe that tweet that states " Ed Woodward is determined to get us back on course, " tells it all, he really believes that has the footballing knowledge to do this and cannot see that he is the problem with his total lack of knowledge or experience.

dabeast

I chose to not watch the Burnley game. This was the first time in many years I have done so because I have been lately thinking a lot about whether my support for Manchester United depends on something intrinsic to it like its history or whether external attributes like its style of play, its success or even its current ownership are part of it.

i was born in the 70s and became a fan then but only started paying close attention when I was an adolescent in the 80s and SAF was in charge. In those days everything was going well and it was impossible to dissociate one factor from the other.

Now, however, one can make a distinction. When the club plays reactive possession-based football under LVG and Mourinho it seems foreign to me. Solskjaer’s focus on youth and attacking, expressive play reinvigorated my interest but without investment for success it seems to be an empty shell. Even when the club pushes out its Busby Babes and Munich on social media, it now seems like propaganda meant to get more revenue.

I never thought this could be true during SAF’s time but this Glazer ownership post- SAF has helped me understand why I joined this tribe and why it now seems alien to me. It turns out the ambition of the ownership of the club does matter and I don’t feel connected to it, its play, its players any more. I think Solskjaer is a brave, but inexperienced, man who embodies SAF’s ideas but will ultimately fail without proper ownership that befits the club.

So, I am ending my tribal association with the club. I may watch it from time to time with a hint of affinity like meeting an ex-girlfriend but that passion is now gone. I will get back some of the countless hours allocated to being a fan but will lose something more undefinable, a reason to feel connected.

Thank you SAF and all the players and fellow fans who gave me this (nearly) lifelong passion.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

Cease your bonfire songs immediately!!
If he had said something like: "I know we have fecked up and i am sorry, but we have learned from our mistakes and want to do better". That would maybe have taken some pressure off

What he is saying here is: ""I have an extra gear or two and have just really been skating by for these past 6 years". Did we just not hire a new PR guy? This is not good PR Ed

predator

Youth NITK
I'm now resigned to seeing united struggling to make top 4, looking miles behind City, being the underdogs in most games whilst paying the highest wages in world football, for a while.

I genuinely have accepted it. I expected there would be a dip post fergie but didnt expect this, especially given the money that has been spent since he left...

I was born in 94 so I only remember us being good/best team in england/best in europe/best in england/ biggest club in the world etc etc...
I have never seen liverpool win the league and am still coming to terms with how quickly city have amassed such a talented squad and developed such an excellent training campus whilst we have regressed.

I think woodward is completely out of his depth and should have the decency to resign. The glazers, as apathetic as they are, have actually spent quite abit of money really. We broke the world transfer record for pogba, made Sanchez one of if not the best paid players in the world, all after the shenanigans with Schweinsteiger, Di Maria, Falcao, etc. The numbers are sobering if you look at them.

For me I accept that nothing lasts forever and cycles happen but we have spent a hell of a lot on money on garbage since fergie left.

Edit: I do not include Pogba in the garbage. He is our best player.

Coops73

I chose to not watch the Burnley game. This was the first time in many years I have done so because I have been lately thinking a lot about whether my support for Manchester United depends on something intrinsic to it like its history or whether external attributes like its style of play, its success or even its current ownership are part of it.

i was born in the 70s and became a fan then but only started paying close attention when I was an adolescent in the 80s and SAF was in charge. In those days everything was going well and it was impossible to dissociate one factor from the other.

Now, however, one can make a distinction. When the club plays reactive possession-based football under LVG and Mourinho it seems foreign to me. Solskjaer’s focus on youth and attacking, expressive play reinvigorated my interest but without investment for success it seems to be an empty shell. Even when the club pushes out its Busby Babes and Munich on social media, it now seems like propaganda meant to get more revenue.

I never thought this could be true during SAF’s time but this Glazer ownership post- SAF has helped me understand why I joined this tribe and why it now seems alien to me. It turns out the ambition of the ownership of the club does matter and I don’t feel connected to it, its play, its players any more. I think Solskjaer is a brave, but inexperienced, man who embodies SAF’s ideas but will ultimately fail without proper ownership that befits the club.

So, I am ending my tribal association with the club. I may watch it from time to time with a hint of affinity like meeting an ex-girlfriend but that passion is now gone. I will get back some of the countless hours allocated to being a fan but will lose something more undefinable, a reason to feel connected.

Thank you SAF and all the players and fellow fans who gave me this (nearly) lifelong passion.
That nearly made me cry (nearly)

Infra-red

It seems that after going through Denial, Anger, Bargaining and Depression, a few of us are now entering the Acceptance phase of our Glazer-related Grief.

MrEarl

What are fans protesting? I haven't got a grasp of all the details so I'm struggling to understand what the Glazers and Ed have done?

Our net spend in the last 5 years has been staggering. 2nd only to city I believe. It hasn't reflected in our performance so obviously that spending is going to be reigned in.

Our recruitment has been poor. Which is easy to say in hindsight.

Ed makes poor footballing decision and needs to appoint a DoF. Which is right. But a protest to demand a DoF is strange.

The debt placed on the club? Has it really restricted our spending.

I'm not defending the Glazers or Ed, I had a conversation with a Liverpool and a Chelsea fan last night and struggled to explain why the board is the problem. They couldn't see it - and I couldn't deny the facts they presented.
You raise some very good questions.

Yes we have spent a ton of money in the last five years which has not been reflected in an improvement of the team. One response, as you suggest, is to reign in spending. Another, in my opinion better, response is to replace the person who is spending all that money in a way that is wasteful.

It's not just that individual purchases can be criticized with 20-20 hindsight vision. It's the failure to recognize critical needs that the team has and fail to to recognize what the team doesn't need. What's so bad about the Sanchez purchase is not that the player fell apart after the fact but that the trade was ever made. He plays a left attacker. The two young players with the greatest promise on the team also played on the left so bringing in Sanchez put them on the bench. In the long run it weakened the team even if Sanchez played something close to expectations. Buying him did not meet any need that the team had. Our

When Herrera was injured last season it became painfully apparent how critically important he was to the team. OGS' fabulous initial victory run fell apart. The team had no replacement for him nor did they have a replacement for Matic whose shelf life was suddenly expiring. Herrera was permitted to leave for nothing and no replacement was sought for him or for Matic. So for his first full season in charge OGS was handed a team with only one proven Premier League central midfielder, Pogba.

I give OGS credit for rebuilding the team in the only way open for him which was to develop young players. Enter McT and Fred to the CM. But as we are finding out now the team has zero CM replacements. It's impossible to field a successful team in the Premier League without a decent CM.

Today's team cannot provide the ball to our attackers because it lacks a decent CM. So we don't score many goals and our central defense goes unprotected. IMO United's starting 11 are a competitive team for a top four position. The problem is teams have injuries and United don't have the bench, especially in CM, to manage injuries. This is not rocket science.

Woodward has been failing to identify the needs that the team has and invest accordingly in the proper players for six years. It's not a question of hindsight pointing out that a particular trade, like Sanchez, hasn't worked out. It is failing to recognize the teams critical needs and address them.

Where are we today? The team has a critical need for an attacking and a defending CM not to mention that we are one injury away from a debacle with our attackers. We seem to be only addressing one of those three critical needs and that in what has become the predictable flaky United way. It certainly seems like only one of the three critical needs will be addressed at best.

The team is only going to flounder if it's critical needs are not addressed. What will management do? Probably throw OGS to the wolves. His replacement then will make it six managers in the last six years and eight months. That's chaos and it's hard to see an outstanding managerial talent walking into this mess.

Reactions: roonster09

Withnail

Yes we have spent a ton of money in the last five years which has not been reflected in an improvement of the team. One response, as you suggest, is to reign in spending. Another, in my opinion better, response is to replace the person who is spending all that money in a way that is wasteful.

It's not just that individual purchases can be criticized with 20-20 hindsight vision. It's the failure to recognize critical needs that the team has and fail to to recognize what the team doesn't need. What's so bad about the Sanchez purchase is not that the player fell apart after the fact but that the trade was ever made. He plays a left attacker. The two young players with the greatest promise on the team also played on the left so bringing in Sanchez put them on the bench. In the long run it weakened the team even if Sanchez played something close to expectations. Buying him did not meet any need that the team had. Our

When Herrera was injured last season it became painfully apparent how critically important he was to the team. OGS' fabulous initial victory run fell apart. The team had no replacement for him nor did they have a replacement for Matic whose shelf life was suddenly expiring. Herrera was permitted to leave for nothing and no replacement was sought for him or for Matic. So for his first full season in charge OGS was handed a team with only one proven Premier League central midfielder, Pogba.

I give OGS credit for rebuilding the team in the only way open for him which was to develop young players. Enter McT and Fred to the CM. But as we are finding out now the team has zero CM replacements. It's impossible to field a successful team in the Premier League without a decent CM.

Today's team cannot provide the ball to our attackers because it lacks a decent CM. So we don't score many goals and our central defense goes unprotected. IMO United's starting 11 are a competitive team for a top four position. The problem is teams have injuries and United don't have the bench, especially in CM, to manage injuries. This is not rocket science.

Woodward has been failing to identify the needs that the team has and invest accordingly in the proper players for six years. It's not a question of hindsight pointing out that a particular trade, like Sanchez, hasn't worked out. It is failing to recognize the teams critical needs and address them.

Where are we today? The team has a critical need for an attacking and a defending CM not to mention that we are one injury away from a debacle with our attackers. We seem to be only addressing one of those three critical needs and that in what has become the predictable flaky United way. It certainly seems like only one of the three critical needs will be addressed at best.

The team is only going to flounder if it's critical needs are not addressed. What will management do? Probably throw OGS to the wolves. His replacement then will make it six managers in the last six years and eight months. That's chaos and it's hard to see an outstanding managerial talent walking into this mess.
Good Post. It's a very grim situation and I can't see Ed or Glazers sorting it, sadly.

BR7

It is a nice post but are we then saying that if the manager is useless we should keep him?

I wrote a long post about this on another thread, we should be looking at three things here in my opinion

1) the glazers. - bleeding club of money and clueless
2) Woodward. - accountant but knows nothing about football or how to actually run an already well set up club
3) ole. - the manager. He is not Man Utd material same as the players. He should never have got the job and we need to shed him too.

All three are a problem in their own way. Ole sadly was either too arrogant to see what he’s was being used for when he accepted the job or even worst believed he had a right to the job, or too stupid sadly to not see what was coming.

We can’t use the Woodward/glazer excuse to not haul ole out of the role as well. So yes, another manager please.