Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Fluctuation0161

What about the two players I just listed that we have spent £90m on since January?

You know why people talk about “net” spend...because very, very few clubs around the world do not have to sell to buy. Even Real Madrid, Liverpool, Bayern and Barcelona effectively balance the books by shipping out unwanted players to finance new purchases.

There are only three clubs over the last decade that have spent significantly more than they have received - those clubs are United, City and PSG

I would love the club to be owned by the fans. I would love the club not to have to pay interest payments. I’m just saying you can’t accuse the Glazers of not sanctioning transfers because they very clearly do
Because Woodward gives stupidly high paying contracts to mediocre players, then we struggle to sell those players for anywhere near market value, because no other club is stupid enough to pay their high wages. Plus, if we are as bad at negotiating player sales as we are at negotiating contracts and transfers, then that explains your net spend point.

hungrywing

Someone should start a thread with a poll to sack or keep Ed Woodward. When it comes back that 70,000+ fans voted at 99.3% to sack Woodward, we will accomplish a few things:
* An actual number attached to the pure hatred of Woodward by United fans
* We'll know which members of the Caf are actually Ed and his sleeper agents/employees. Then let the community ridicule commence...

:devil:
a. interesting idea
b. you're going to be surprised at how many people genuinely still think 'financial genius/keep him on the financial side'
c. RedCafe, there are actually people here of the type that DSG alludes to. #Irony #McCarthy

Fluctuation0161

Someone should start a thread with a poll to sack or keep Ed Woodward. When it comes back that 70,000+ fans voted at 99.3% to sack Woodward, we will accomplish a few things:
* An actual number attached to the pure hatred of Woodward by United fans
* We'll know which members of the Caf are actually Ed and his sleeper agents/employees. Then let the community ridicule commence...

:devil:
Good idea. Do it.

JohnnyKills

Said this in another thread... Missing out on top 4 might be a blessing in disguise this year. Surely the financial blow would make them leave

Red00012

Ed Woodward has lost out on all 3 of his first choice targets this summer.

Sancho, Grealish were both first choice -signed VDB because he became available.

Regulion was first choice LB - missed out on him.

Now we are scrambling around for a winger.

How can we accept such incompetence at a football club of this size?
Show me where Grealish was 1st choice ? The day villa stayed up that was the end of the Grealish interest. Still been linked with Sancho it may still happen .

We didn’t miss out on Reguilon we pulled out of the deal as it was a rubbish deal.

Get some facts straight before posting

arthurka

Couple of us here in the Caf have been saying this, there was a clear pattern showing we wouldn't do much this window. It's not the first time these planks kill a window after a promising season. They fecked Mourinho up and they were never not going to feck Solskjær. Solskjær will leave mid season and it will be rinse repeat.

Lentwood

I've never seen anything so ridiculous. Take off the Woodward/Glazer glasses mate.
I was in the original anti-Glazers protesting outside the ground and in the stadium in 2005...

You don’t have to be pro or anti Glazer to dispute basic facts and false narratives

As I have stated over and over again, more then enough players have been signed and more than enough money has spent - the problems lie with Ed Woodward

You can extrapolate that out once step further and say the Glazers appointed Ed so it’s their fault - and that’s not an unreasonable argument.

However, I firmly believe this club COULD be successful under the current regime IF the right Sporting Director is appointed

We shouldn’t need to spend £150m net every Summer to have a half capable squad, especially when our Academy spits out first team players on a far more regular basis than any of our rivals

Russky14

It’s mad to think we all laughed and took the piss out the scousers for going 30yrs without a title but the exact same will happen to us as long as these parasites are in charge. We will never seriously challenge for the league again under the Glazer regime.

Yep- Tampa Bay Buccaneers mark 2.

If I am correct didn't the tight fisted glazers get the local council (equivalent) to bung in most of the money for the stadium? Track record of being leeches.

depressing

Foxbatt

Anyone who wants to keep Woodward is either an imbecile or fans of other clubs.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
There are no financial implications of his antics. Pogba might not won us any title, but by selling his adidas image alone is enough to cover the Glazers financial objectives. Woodward is a genius if we're talking about the financial model, do you remember when we signed Kagawa from Dortmund? United had tons of Japanese sponsorship, even we had official snacks and noodles. On the other hand we are terrible in football's perspective.
Exactly this. Pogba IS a world class player but if you have a rubbish coach (because you need/can only get someone who doesn't care about his reputation enough to rock the boat) and a squad that isn't structured correctly because you have no DoF in charge, you don't get the best out of him or anyone else. To properly understand the sh1tcreek we are in, you have to look not just at the amounts of money spent, but also at the overall corporate structure within which that money is generated and allocated, and why the two are connected the way they are. It's about the business model.

This club has been glazed.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
However, I firmly believe this club COULD be successful under the current regime IF the right Sporting Director is appointed
Yes if they changed their business model it would all be fine. But they aren't going to do that because basically the Glazers don't give a flying fek what you or I think or want, they are only here for the cash. Surely that much is obvious even to the most blinkered apologists at this point (not referring to you).

Handsome Devil

An Ed In or Out poll is a good idea. I'm surprised it hasn't been done before. Maybe because the outcome is a foregone conclusion but it would just be interesting to see who backs him. If the owners actually do monitor social media then I'm all for another small slap in their faces.

Womp

idiot

:lol: Not to add, pursuing one player all window only to fail in getting them over the line, despite a set price

thesheriffjw

How sad that utd are trying to get cavani?

Hes been availBle for a whilr now, so why no deal earlier?

desperation and sad

Fluctuation0161

I was in the original anti-Glazers protesting outside the ground and in the stadium in 2005...

You don’t have to be pro or anti Glazer to dispute basic facts and false narratives

As I have stated over and over again, more then enough players have been signed and more than enough money has spent - the problems lie with Ed Woodward

You can extrapolate that out once step further and say the Glazers appointed Ed so it’s their fault - and that’s not an unreasonable argument.

We shouldn’t need to spend £150m net every Summer to have a half capable squad, especially when our Academy spits out first team players on a far more regular basis than any of our rivals
Woodward is certainly the main problem for now and its also slightly more realistic to expect him to go than the Glazers right now.

Unfortunately the current regime are the type of regime that buy into Ed Woodward for over 7 years of failure. If they can't see that he is a problem, how can we expect them to make this club a success again?

My point is that, although I agree in principle, in practice Woodward and the Glazers are intrinsically linked, they are one of the same.

diarm

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that Cavani has taken a massive pay cut and shown he wants to come for the right reasons because I like(d?) him as a player.

If it transpires that we've given him £300k a week and £10mil to his agent then I'll go full pitchfork with the rest of you.

Offsideagain

Yep- Tampa Bay Buccaneers mark 2.

If I am correct didn't the tight fisted glazers get the local council (equivalent) to bung in most of the money for the stadium? Track record of being leeches.

depressing
That sounds familiar, look across the City! Woodward arranged the loan for the Glazers when he worked at the Bank which is why they hired him. In the last five years, the Glazers have taken £89m in dividends and paid £120m in interest payments, the debt has increased. The club is a cash cow for the Glazers. The big question is if they go, who will replace them? Who has £2-3 billion to buy us plus invest in the stadium and the team? Anyone any idea? If Jose wins tomorrow, the shit will hit the fan.

Water Melon

A well orchestrated effort by majority of fans and the leeches will sell. Tons of empty seats once fans are allowed back in, massive protests outside the Theatre of Dreams will not go unnoticed. It can be done and should be done. The club is being destroyed before our own eyes, it is being turned into a debt riddled cash cow for owners who did not buy the club for their own money. Fecking disaster of a situation to be in, but it can be reversed. Fans should do it. Ole won't, the players won't, SAF and rest of the crew won't either. SAF did his job while we were spoilt for 25 years. Now let's try to do our job for 25 weeks.

littlepeasoup

F*cks about all summer, then reverts to type, sp*nking money on a famous name. Ed Woodward is a failure and must be excised from the club at the earliest possibility.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
How sad that utd are trying to get cavani?

Hes been availBle for a whilr now, so why no deal earlier?

desperation and sad
So you’d rather see us sign Cavani? You don’t mind facing Cavani?? He’s still quite good you know, even at his age.

Russky14

A well orchestrated effort by majority of fans and the leeches will sell. Tons of empty seats once fans are allowed back in, massive protests outside the Theatre of Dreams will not go unnoticed. It can be done and should be done. The club is being destroyed before our own eyes, it is being turned into a debt riddled cash cow for owners who did not buy the club for their own money. Fecking disaster of a situation to be in, but it can be reversed. Fans should do it. Ole won't, the players won't, SAF and rest of the crew won't either. SAF did his job while we were spoilt for 25 years. Now let's try to do our job for 25 weeks.
Yes it can. But fans as u said need to boycott in a big way. I have also said we lack real coordination as a fan base. Have this allied with some high profile figureheads & money to back a multi media campaign. Some investigative journalism would not go a miss. There will be skeletons.

We only got 3rd because if Bruno let's not fool ourselves. This is how devoid of quality we are.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Said this in another thread... Missing out on top 4 might be a blessing in disguise this year. Surely the financial blow would make them leave
Not gonna happen, buddy.
They are making a lot of money from MUFC, even when we finish outside top 4.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We only got 3rd because if Bruno let's not fool ourselves. This is how devoid of quality we are.
Correct.
We relied on Bruno coming in and using his individual brilliance to get us out of trouble.
My suspicion is that as he continues his MUFC career, his performance level will drop, as our coaching isn't particularly. good.