Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Devil may care

It feels like now or never, there's never been this much momentum in trying to get this cancer out of the club, more voices than ever speaking up, don't let things fade because the ESL has been nipped in the bud, get these blood sucking feckers out now. The club statement speaks volumes of who they are, zero accountability or acknowledgement of why they were wrong, they aren't sorry, they're just sorry they lost.

Seven Seas Sardines

Are the Glazers as bad as they sound? Could it be that their biggest mistake was to stick to Woodward out of loyalty for so long?
Dear lord, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Joel Glazer has just spearheaded the biggest betrayal of football in history, trying to steal it from all the fans, players and clubs around Europe, "But, but he might be a great guy who was mislead by Woodward!1!1".

There should be a Glazer bot watch on the account of devilish.

laughtersassassin

You do notice that Malcolm is dead right and had been so for quite some time?

SAF's stance really makes you wonder. Are the Glazers as bad as they sound? Could it be that their biggest mistake was to stick to Woodward out of loyalty for so long? I mean this guy had been throwing hundreds of millions of their money in the bin. Their reputation is in tatters because of him as well. Surely they wouldn't like that.

Mate they are easily up their with Mike Ashley as the worst owners in the league.

They are disgraceful in every way. How can some people not see that?

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Dear lord, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Joel Glazer has just spearheaded the biggest betrayal of football in history, trying to steal it from all the fans, players and clubs around Europe, "But, but he might be a great guy who was mislead by Woodward!1!1".

There should be a Glazer bot watch on the account of devilish.
Where have I said that Joel was mislead by Woodward on the SL? We are talking on mismanagement here and the 'VALUE' Woodward brought to the club. My point on that particular matter is that Woodward threw 900m of transfer money in the bin and allowed our salary bill to explode with so little to show for. That is a fact that no one can deny.

laughtersassassin

Please read my previous post.
I still disagree. They are terrible owners in so many ways.

1. The debt they out on the club is disgraceful and can never be forgiven
2. Old Trafford is falling apart. In desperate need of renovation but they don't give a shit. They've been here since 2005 loads of time to renovate the ground
3. They show a complete lack of interest for the club. They don't care if we are shit. I'd they did the club would have gone under major changed are 3-4 years of Woodward failure.

Woodward was useless and a failure but they are worse for allowing him to be.

laughtersassassin

A great point. This guy is said to get in very well with Woodward. I won't write him off yet but could easily be another snake in the grass.

Glazers have to go. Fans and Media must force them out. Plead for Government support while they are still interested

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
I'd query what he knew beforehand. We know at various clubs this was led by the owners and kept from the managers/players until the Sunday leak. I don't doubt Woodward was heavily involved, but the more people he involved, the more chance of a leak.

So until it's actually said that he was aware I'd air on the side of caution. Sky are already saying that at one club the CEO wasn't even told it was happening beforehand.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
It feels like now or never, there's never been this much momentum in trying to get this cancer out of the club, more voices than ever speaking up, don't let things fade because the ESL has been nipped in the bud, get these blood sucking feckers out now. The club statement speaks volumes of who they are, zero accountability or acknowledgement of why they were wrong, they aren't sorry, they're just sorry they lost.
Correct. This is one of those very rare moments when football supporters actually have the opportunity to take a lead in shaping the way football is run.
Whatever those owners think, football belongs to us, the true custodians of the game.
We have to use the opportunity responsibly, but forcefully.
Demand a supporter on the board.
Demand that the clubs, all of them put their supporters at the front and centre of everything the club does.

laughtersassassin

Look at these bottle jobs. No longer removing the flags from OT. Talk about being complicit in supporting the Glazers

Kaos

Why would the glazers care about flags
No idea, if I wanted to rile them up I'd start decorating the place with rival sponsor logos. Just deck the stadium out in Nike, Chrysler and easyJet flags and watch the parasites squirm as our sponsors start making angry phone calls :lol:

red4ever 79

So Joel glazer escalated everything for every team to act in urgency and quit their other roles. Over a lunch? Get ourra here.
That man Joel Glazer he must have fast hands typing all those legal documents very quickly over the weekend and being able to go backwards in time to the Madrid court house on the Friday to serve that petition.

laughtersassassin

This time the media are on our side. The government are on our side. They might have their own agendas for why they are backing the movement but that doesn't matter right now.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I still disagree. They are terrible owners in so many ways.

1. The debt they out on the club is disgraceful and can never be forgiven
2. Old Trafford is falling apart. In desperate need of renovation but they don't give a shit. They've been here since 2005 loads of time to renovate the ground
3. They show a complete lack of interest for the club. They don't care if we are shit. I'd they did the club would have gone under major changed are 3-4 years of Woodward failure.

Woodward was useless and a failure but they are worse for allowing him to be.
The post focused solely on Woodward and his tenure. I think that he was a mess, Adnan does not. I believe that Gill was the better CEO out of the two and Adnan seem to disagree with all of that. The Glazers entered in the picture because when I brought Sir Alex's quotes praising David Gill, Adnan brought forward similar quotes regarding the Glazers. Thus he tried to discredit what Sir Alex said about Gill. I hope you're now up to speed

Now lets focus on what I think about the Glazers. I think that at the beginning of their tenure they were incredibly vulnerable. They saddled the club with a mountain of debt on huge interest and they simply couldn't afford too much heat. Therefore they stirred away from stepping on Sir Alex/Gill's toes knowing that if the latter sneezed then the club's dire financial situation would get hurt. Once Gill/SAF left then the Glazers could get full control over the club. The focus shifted from that of a football club that makes money to a business. Which explains why they stuck to Woodward (ie a horrible CEO but a money generating machine) for so long.

Having said that while I do agree that the Glazers were horrible owners, I also think that Woodward deserves his fair share of blame as well. Under his tenure we spent 900m and our salary bill ballooned to the second highest in football with so little to show for. Woodward treated legends like shit, he sacked 2 managers after giving them contract extensions and his stupidity made a once very respected club a meme everyone laughs at. I think we both agree that no one, not even the Glazers would like that.

RumHam

This time the media are on our side. The government are on our side. They might have their own agendas for why they are backing the movement but that doesn't matter right now.
Exactly this, we might not like Neville's stance on this to-date but we won't find a better mouthpiece to support a movements so its important this moment isn't missed and the fans really need to unite, put away the egos or the i told you so attitudes and focus on the true enemy and the main goal is. This is an opportunity i didn't think would ever happen, it might not come around again...

blythy

Fascist Dictator

Look at these bottle jobs. No longer removing the flags from OT. Talk about being complicit in supporting the Glazers
Some would suggest they've been 'in bed' with the Glazers since 2005 when they took down the original (authentic) banners and replaced them with the club-approved ones we have today

croadyman

Still feels like they aren't going anywhere unless someone puts up the around 4 billion they want for the club, they are the back foot again for the first time in around 10 years now the UK government and the media can see what they really are, however would still be very surprised if that alone is enough to shift them.

crossy1686

career ending
Goldbridge doesn't know shit but I don't think their immediate response to this will be to sell. We need government legislation now to force their hand.

blythy

Fascist Dictator

TBF, the MEN were always on-side to an extent - we need the wider, national media to get behind this now.

No Love

Can the Glazers feck off already so we can rejoice and sing the intro to, ‘All She Wrote’ by Firehouse? Inconsiderate eejits.

izzydiggler

It's 'master of the obvious' but they don't care how things look or gestures like 'green and gold' - they only look at a balance sheet. Whatever generates most money is the way they'll go. There'll be zero regret, just annoyance they aren't immediately getting more money.

The only way they sell is if they can get more money than they'd generate if they didn't. So you either reduce their income by not watching games/buying merch etc to reduce sponsorship payments/TV money or you hope for a miracle like another dodgy owner paying a huge amount or the government changing laws.

This isn't a 'win'...it's just a minor hope that things will change before it all goes back to the way it was in a few weeks and people just forget about it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Goldbridge doesn't know shit but I don't think their immediate response to this will be to sell. We need government legislation now to force their hand.
And to ensure we don't end up in another diabolical situation (i.e. Saudis, Bezos, Gates, all them cnuts)

crossy1686

career ending
And to ensure we don't end up in another diabolical situation (i.e. Saudis, Bezos, Gates, all them cnuts)
This is what I'm worried about the most to be honest but at the same time it would be massively hypocritical to stop a Saudi takeover and have allowed City's to happen

red4ever 79

Fair fecks to the Spirit of Shankly group. They are not having that John Henry apology at all, and rightly so. Fecking brilliant lads, he wont be there much longer. This is exactly what we should be doing to the Glazer.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

What on earth are you talking about?

Like banners are going to force the Glazers hands into selling the club. Jesus wept.