Go woke, go broke.....

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
It's depressing, really. Can't let people just be who they are and be happy about it, and definitely can't let them be visible, lest a bunch of bigots cry about "politics in my sports/movies/games/reality" and the gay/trans agenda.
No, i want to go back to my 100% white heterexuality models. I want gays sucking dicks while being married and with kids lobbying against gays, i want "it happened because she was dressed like that" references, racist jokes and specially, i want to go drink my shit bear without a fecking rainbow.

To be honest, manchester united commanding the premier league and winning champions back then

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I thought Kid Rock only looked like a massive tool. Never knew he was one.

How can any person who considers themselves rock and roll be a republican. They're about as rock and role as the Dutch protestant church.

Eriku

:lol: These MAGATS aren't having a very good month so far are they? :lol:
Props to Garth Brooks. He’s bigger than a lot of people realize, the only ones who’ve sold more albums are the Beatles :eek:

Those numbers might take a lil hit now, though. We’ll see.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
People are free to boycott whatever they want for whatever reason they want, and to be honest, it's pretty irrelevant what you or I think of them boycotting it.

I've boycotted Israeli goods, and companies that sustain and work with the Israeli government for as long as I can remember. I wouldn't take too kindly to someone telling me saying the things your saying (and I'm not saying this is a like for like example, but there's some overlap in terms of the agency I have in where and how I spend my money).

In large parts of the US, they're essentially Christo-fascist states, so it's not really beyond the realms of thinking that they'd boycott this, just as I imagine they'd boycott pro-Palestinian items as it'll go against their Christo-Zionist views, or the deflection and nonsense they spout, or how everything becomes about Marxism when it comes to BLM.
What you are boycotting makes all the difference though. It’s understandable you wouldn’t take kindly to Langster saying that stuff to you over boycotting goods that come from a regime which promoted an apartheid system, but that’s completely different to boycotting a company for promoting LGBT. And like you said people are free to boycott what they want, and people are also free to point out that the particular boycott is stupid/harmful.

I quit my job a short while ago directly because they had blatantly lied about their manufactured goods and their military involvement in Israel. Even though it was a great job with many benefits (as well as the easiest job I’ve ever had) it was an easy decision for me to make. If I had quit the job because they flew a pride flag though I’d be a complete asshole. Not all boycotts are equal.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Abbot’s the cnut who just vetoed a bill in Texas for easier voting for disabled citizens.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Abbot’s the cnut who just vetoed a bill in Texas for easier voting for disabled citizens.
Of course he did, no self respecting Republican wants to make it easier to vote, he'd ban wheelchairs inside polling stations if he could and you just know he wouldn't be the only one

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Of course he did, no self respecting Republican wants to make it easier to vote, he'd ban wheelchairs inside polling stations if he could and you just know he wouldn't be the only one
Beyond parody that someone who has been confined to a wheelchair for almost 40 years turns his back on other paraplegics. But, it’s more important to own the libs than to vote in solidarity with other disabled folk.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
If I understand this correctly, the Governor of Texas quoted an article from a satirical website on his official Twitter profile, believing it was real and therefore owned the libs :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If I understand this correctly, the Governor of Texas quoted an article from a satirical website on his official Twitter profile, believing it was real and therefore owned the libs :lol:
Ding ding ding.

Tyrion

As expected, Go Woke, Go Broke comes to the UK.

What a nasty bunch of wankers there are in the replies.
Lawrence Fox got in on the action when grind pulled their advertising and it didn't go well :lol:

https://grind.co.uk/blogs/features/billboard

It's made $70m so far, 300m is the projected total for all movies this weekend. It'll fly past 300 individually in no time though.
It's always been a stupid idea. Shows and movies do badly regardless of whether they're "woke" or not. Especially seeing as how they consider anything with talking black characters to be "woke".

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Everything is projection and hypocrisy with these clowns.
"I don't care about your feelings" - gets butt hurt over everything themselves instead
"Go woke go broke" - sounds like cancel culture to me!
"Party of Family Values" - where to even start...
"Law and Order" - when it's convenient and can be used to score political points and only if they go after the other guys

Etc.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Having lived in the US since 2003, I can safely say that it is startling - but no longer surprising - how remarkably stupid the vast, overwhelming majority of people are here. It’s an instagram/Facebook culture to an extreme degree. Most people seem to get all their values and news from social media sites. It’s alarming.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Having lived in the US since 2003, I can safely say that it is startling - but no longer surprising - how remarkably stupid the vast, overwhelming majority of people are here. It’s an instagram/Facebook culture to an extreme degree. Most people seem to get all their values and news from social media sites. It’s alarming.
Having lived both in the US and outside of it this honestly is by far one of the biggest differences between the two "worlds". When i visit fam in Europe they are nowhere near as much into social media or celebrity chasing and the latest fads as here in the US. They think they are, but they re not. Its exhausting how self absorbed and deluded people are here sometimes and I find myself occasionally being part of the problem. When I'm out of the country I literally find myself relaxing a lot after a few days because I no longer feel like I have a lot of the toxicity coming my way.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Having lived both in the US and outside of it this honestly is by far one of the biggest differences between the two "worlds". When i visit fam in Europe they are nowhere near as much into social media or celebrity chasing and the latest fads as here in the US. They think they are, but they re not. Its exhausting how self absorbed and deluded people are here sometimes and I find myself occasionally being part of the problem. When I'm out of the country I literally find myself relaxing a lot after a few days because I no longer feel like I have a lot of the toxicity coming my way.
Yes, that’s a huge feeling for me too. I’m not on any social media, except Redcafe (if that counts), but one still doesn’t realise how pervasive it is over here, especially in informing the average persons’ relationship with culture, until you go elsewhere. Every time I go back to England or somewhere in Europe, I feel so much more relaxed after a few days - even if I am there for business - because everything feels so much less toxic.