g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Goal scoring is a serious problem.

Because that's still not justification. Unless you have serious doubts about why one player might have had more big saves against them you can't just say "ignore all Ibra's". You have expressed no methodological criticisms what-so-ever.
I said, "you have to look at every chance for every player in isolation to get the full story". That's obvious is it not?

No idea what you're babbling on about.

Dion

I said, "you have to look at every chance for every player in isolation to get the full story". That's obvious is it not?

No idea what you're babbling on about.
Why? what reason do you have to expect bias in that statistic that would leave to him being such a big outlier?

Why? what reason do you have to expect bias in that statistic that would leave to him being such a big outlier?
I don't, hence why after mentioning about taking those 3 big chances away I then stated CLEARLY that you'd have to take each chance for each player in isolation to get the full picture.

It's pretty bloody obvious that some
players in that list have had more bad luck than the others, who has had the most? No fecking idea.

Dion

I don't, hence why after mentioning about taking those 3 big chances away I then stated CLEARLY that you'd have to take each chance for each player in isolation to get the full picture.

It's pretty bloody obvious that some
players in that list have had more bad luck than the others, who has had the most? No fecking idea.
Over more than half a season? to be ahead by more than a third? You're pushing the boundaries of logic to defend an indefensible position.

Over more than half a season? to be ahead by more than a third? You're pushing the boundaries of logic to defend an indefensible position.
You've lost it here mate, you'd be the worst scientist the World has ever seen.

I'm not defending anything, as I've made clear in about 4 posts now. The only problem here is that you've come to the wrong conclusion about the original point of my post.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Do those numbers include the goalkeeper's saves?
To be fair, big chances include the likes of Heaton's ridiculous save from his overhead kick vs. Burnley, or the header yesterday which was saved by Gomez. Or even the chest turn volley vs. Leicester.

Remove those 3 and you're closer to a bunch of other strikers in the Prem.

The stats simply don't tell you the full story at all, you need to look at each "big chance" in isolation for each player.
By any measure, Zlatan has missed a lot of sitters this season. Still has had a pretty good season though.

Dion

You've lost it here mate, you'd be the worst scientist the World has ever seen.

I'm not defending anything, as I've made clear in about 4 posts now. The only problem here is that you've come to the wrong conclusion about the original point of my post.
I have a PhD in molecular biology you clutz. Consider for a moment that you might not actually be as informed as you think you are.