Film Godzilla (2019)

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Dont think theres a thread for this. Pretty excited for this movie - thoroughly enjoyed the last one.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
My favourite enemy of Godzilla, King Ghidorah, is set to feature in this one :drool:

spwd

Love me some Godzilla, lost count how many times ive watched the others.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Big feckin bastards hopefully beating lumps out of each other is an easy sell to me

SwansonsTache

The fault with all the Yank Godzilla movies is that they focus too much on insignificant things, like the humans. One of them even had a fecking love interest between a researcher and a reporter. WHO GIVES A FECK!

We want to see Godzilla kick ass, not feeble humans. The Japanese movies are all about Godzilla and his adversaries.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The fault with all the Yank Godzilla movies is that they focus too much on insignificant things, like the humans. One of them even had a fecking love interest between a researcher and a reporter. WHO GIVES A FECK!

We want to see Godzilla kick ass, not feeble humans. The Japanese movies are all about Godzilla and his adversaries.
Spot on. feck the humans.

Art Vandelay

I'm hopeful for this one after how good Kong Skull Island was. The last Godzilla was proper shit, a film about the world's greatest bomb disposal expert being boring with guest appearances by Godzilla, Brian Cranston and Ken Watanabe.

NoLogo

After the Oppenheimer Teaser of the 2014 version I was hopeful that the movie would return to it's roots but barely delivered on any of it, this new one seems to be a second grade knock of with modern effects on the B-Movie trash that followed the original.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
One of those inexplicably massive big budget films that absolutely no one was clamouring for, but which somehow got made anyway, because the wheels were already in motion, and no one could think of a good enough reason to stop them*. I mean, sure, why not.. I’ll happily watch it on a hungover Sunday on Amazon in a years time.

*See also: the 57th new trendy Robin Hood film, this time with Jamie Foxx and Kingsman, because feck it, it’s a thing innit?

Last edited:

Hawks2008

That shot of Mothra in the waterfall is gorgeous. The music was pretty cool too.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
One of those inexplicably massive big budget films that absolutely no one was clamouring for, but which somehow got made anyway, because the wheels were already in motion, and no one could think of a good enough reason to stop them*. I mean, sure, why not.. I’ll happily watch it on a hungover Sunday on Amazon in a years time.

*See also: the 57th new trendy Robin Hood film, this time with Jamie Foxx and Kingsman, because feck it, it’s a thing innit?
You always have the best reviews. Even if you hate some movies that I love, your reviews always make me chuckle.

Ainu

This could be so absurd and bad it's good again. That didn't work out for the previous Godzilla movie though, so I'm not holding my breath. I've still got a soft spot for the late 90's Godzilla movie, even if it probably completely shit as well, objectively speaking.

Hal9000

I really liked the 2014 Godzilla, yeah it has it's flaws but it's a great film for what it is. It looked and sounded great.

Really looking forward to this.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Godzilla 2014 was good up until MUTO hatched. Thought it kind of fell a part after.

predator

Youth NITK
The 1998 Godzilla 'Zilla' movie was my favourite thing ever growing up. Lost count of how many times I've watched it. I've even still got an action figure of that Zilla! The music, the dramatic NY cityscape scenes etc just blew my young mind at that time. I've grown up to realise that it is rated as one of the worst godzilla movies ever and is an insult to true Godzilla fans which is upsetting as I still have a massive soft spot for it. I personally don't think it's anywhere near as bad as some make out although yes, I am unbelievably biased.

I watched a japanese Godzilla movie last year (Godzilla resurgence, I think) and that was quite decent.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
This could be so absurd and bad it's good again. That didn't work out for the previous Godzilla movie though, so I'm not holding my breath. I've still got a soft spot for the late 90's Godzilla movie, even if it probably completely shit as well, objectively speaking.
That depend underground soundtrack was amazing.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I wonder how it will play out? A case of Godzilla taking out Rodan and Mothra in the early to middle part of the film before a grand finale battle against Ghidora? Or could it be some kind of tag or two on one match-up?

SwansonsTache

I wonder how it will play out? A case of Godzilla taking out Rodan and Mothra in the early to middle part of the film before a grand finale battle against Ghidora? Or could it be some kind of tag or two on one match-up?
Mothra is one of the good guys.

Eddy_JukeZ

The 1998 Godzilla 'Zilla' movie was my favourite thing ever growing up. Lost count of how many times I've watched it. I've even still got an action figure of that Zilla! The music, the dramatic NY cityscape scenes etc just blew my young mind at that time. I've grown up to realise that it is rated as one of the worst godzilla movies ever and is an insult to true Godzilla fans which is upsetting as I still have a massive soft spot for it. I personally don't think it's anywhere near as bad as some make out although yes, I am unbelievably biased.

I watched a japanese Godzilla movie last year (Godzilla resurgence, I think) and that was quite decent.
I liked the 98 Godzilla too.

Really hated the reboot. It wasn't really a Godzilla movie in my mind.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Just when I thought Hollywood was going stale for new ideas..

I hear you.
Remember 'War of the worlds' when aliens were coming down from the sky and Tom Cruise was worried about whether he was being a good father or not to one of his kids

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Tywin Lanister referencing the king - Check
Eleven Screaming in a corner - Check
Coach Eric Taylor bellowing at people - Check

Hawks2008

Such a strange choice of music for the trailer. If they’d gone with the generic synth/farty bass noises you get in most blockbusters it might have seemed more instantly appealing.
Cant go wrong with Clair de Lune tbh.

Sylar

Totally agree

But i enjoyed the trailer and hope it's more like kong than the last Godzilla
Also

Big feckin bastards hopefully beating lumps out of each other is an easy sell to me
This

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Have you seen Pulgasari?