Golf 2023

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
McIlroy being interviewed while walking to his next shot. Seems odd, has that been a thing for a while that I've just missed?

Edit: and he's still going, now talking us through his shot and his plan for it. This is all a bit much

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
McIlroy being interviewed while walking to his next shot. Seems odd, has that been a thing for a while that I've just missed?
Came in here to say that I have never seen such before. Kind of like it. Obvs not every pro would want to do it or be as engaging as Rors.

e - don’t ‘kind of like it,’ absolutely love it.

BD

Came in here to say that I have never seen such before. Kind of like it. Obvs not every pro would want to do it or be as engaging as Rors.
I'm watching this basically for McIlroy and to see if he can finally win it, so I like it. But I kinda hate it too - he should just be focusing on his game no?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Edit: and he's still going, now talking us through his shot and his plan for it. This is all a bit much

e - don’t ‘kind of like it,’ absolutely love it.
I'm watching this basically for McIlroy and to see if he can finally win it, so I like it. But I kinda hate it too - he should just be focusing on his game no?

They do it in some other tournaments, but it's feckin wild one of the top guys doing it in a major is proper mental.

He offered to do it though, that's great. He's probably a good player for it as he's fairly comfortable with media, comms and talking.

I'd like it more in the "smaller" tournaments they play and the Ryder cup.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
They do it in some other tournaments, but it's feckin wild one of the top guys doing it in a major is proper mental.

He offered to do it though, that's great. He's probably a good player for it as he's fairly comfortable with media, comms and talking.

I'd like it more in the "smaller" tournaments they play and the Ryder cup.
Mic’d up Ryder Cup players would be groovy as feck.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
This has been a great first day. Leaderboard is absolutely stacked. With the weather that’s on the way this will be a great weekend’s golf

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Looking forward to the deflated ball to come into play at ANGC as soon as possible. Enough nine irons into 16 (granted the pin is up).

Ainu

Just another typical opening round at the Masters for McIlroy. One better than last year, I guess, but you already know he's not going to win this.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just another typical opening round at the Masters for McIlroy. One better than last year, I guess, but you already know he's not going to win this.
This tourney might morph into a battle of attrition due to the weather. Days might be extremely start / stop & possibly very long due to having to play more than eighteen holes a day.

That said, you’re right, Rory needed to be a bit higher up the leaderboard today.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Damn, the Masters caved & put LIV golfers in the featured groups. Unfortunately, Brooks has started hot.

FriedClams

Koepka In danger of running away with it. Rory is done this tournament, horrible start today, looks so nervous.

BD

Good of Rory to tell us early on not to bother watching him. Frees up my afternoon a bit more

FriedClams

Was easy to forget that Koepkas decline recently was injury related. He’s sensational when healthy. Shame he and his mrs are everything that’s wrong with the world.