Rahm v Thomas
Mcilroy v cantlay
Spieth v rose
Hatton v koepka
Lowry v Clark
Aberg v morikawa

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just for sheer zany chaos, I'd love for the singles matches to go off via shotgun. What a roller coaster that would be.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Agreed. Rory coming out as rattled and a bit OTT. Not a great look in the circumstances. Just zip it and kick their asses tomorrow.
Watching it live Cantlay really gives Rory a dreadfully aggressive stare as he starts looking at his put which nobody seems to have picked up on.

I agree none of it should have caused Rory's reaction after the match had ended though.

Revenge is best served cold.

Reiver

That caddy was way out of line, needs to wind his neck in
Yeah he absolutely was although Rory could have kept the head a bit more. I like to think that's what separates us from the Yanks at Ryder Cup time - that we won't let them bring us down.

Anyway, I've little doubt Europe will romp to a deserved victory tomorrow.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Yeah, it's a fly by night operation, no real history around it. Johnny-come-lately, if you will.
Fair play how it gets you commenting.
Easy now. I'm South African, melt away. It's just that I'm following a fair number of events this weekend and I can't help notice how strong the coverage is for this. I don't think it's a reach to suggest corporate sponsorship is a big factor. Golf is supported by corporates in my neck of the woods.

Last edited:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Easy now. I'm South African, melt away. It's just that I'm following a fair number of events this weekend and I can't help notice how strong the coverage is for this. I don't think it's a reach to suggest corporate sponsorship is a big factor. Golf is supported by corporates in my neck of the woods.
It really is a massive event this side of the pond. I know many people who would only watch golf during this every 2 years and I assume it's the same for some Americans.

Without all the rule changes including Europeans and perhaps Nicklaus' sportsmanship it might have been binned many years ago but it's a great watch these days.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I hear you, but it was the popularity of golf, mainly in the 50s & 60s, then again in the late 90s onwards, due in large part to just three individual golfers, that turned on corporate cash cows to want to be a part of it. Now both are inextricably aligned just like any major sport is with its corporate cash teats.

e - After thinking about it for a minute, it would be remiss of me to leave out the bloke from your neck of the woods who helped popularize golf on the international scene in the 60s. That makes it four players of impact.

Last edited:

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
It really is a massive event this side of the pond. I know many people who would only watch golf during this every 2 years and I assume it's the same for some Americans.

Without all the rule changes including Europeans and perhaps Nicklaus' sportsmanship it might have been binned many years ago but it's a great watch these days.
I hear you, but it was the popularity of golf, mainly in the 50s & 60s, then again in the late 90s onwards, due in large part to just three individual golfers, that turned on corporate cash cows to want to be a part of it. Now both are inextricably aligned just like any major sport is with its corporate cash teats.

e - After thinking about it for a minute, it would be remiss of me to leave out the bloke from your neck of the woods who helped popularize golf on the international scene in the 60s. That makes it four players of impact.
Play on. I dare say the corporate is built in? And maybe I just wanted to remind some people how of that fact.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Yeah the caddy was excessive in his celebration and the nature of it. Yeah Rory could have not blown up in the car park. Yeah golf is a gentlemen’s game and ideally neither of these things would have happened. But jeez, it’s the Ryder cup. The one time golf gets a true team-based rivalry. It’s all being blown out of proportion really. A little bit of edge for the final day.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Such a shame Rory isn't playing Cantlay today, boy would that have been fun.

Absolutely buzzing for the final day. I hope Europe get the win well before the last few matches, and every point will feel even sweeter

whitbyviking

Some long odds on some the Americans today. Scheffler and Morikawa not favoured to win?

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
This really weird. Considering Joe is Tiger’s caddy and the fact that Rory has spent a hell of a lot of time with them both, for this to blow up the way it has is strange.
Yeah he knows Joe quite well, it didn't need to blow up so much a little word in private could have solved everything.

I think Rory is feeling the pressure after bottling the last 2 holes and losing the match after being 1 up with 2 to play.

However I would be rightly pissed as well if the caddy contributed to my missed putt in such a manner.

Joe should know better at the end of the day than to do what he did. If you want to antagonise the crowd then do it after the other team has finished their hole.

Darkhorsez

Yeah he knows Joe quite well, it didn't need to blow up so much a little word in private could have solved everything.

I think Rory is feeling the pressure after bottling the last 2 holes and losing the match after being 1 up with 2 to play.

However I would be rightly pissed as well if the caddy contributed to my missed putt in such a manner.

Joe should know better at the end of the day than to do what he did. If you want to antagonise the crowd then do it after the other team has finished their hole.
Perfectly put! Rory looks up for it so far - let’s see

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

I saw someone write on Twitter, we want to watch the golfers not the caddies. He had no place making himself center of attention. That alone put him in the wrong.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Europe went a bit shaky all of a sudden.

Rahm should have buried Scheffler already but he's let him back into it