Golf 2024

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Saw final round today and had similar thoughts. I think they are still struggling to get rid of the gimmicky feel to the event. I agree that the team aspect actually has value to it. Biggest issue unfortunately will forever be the struggle to match the intensity of a proper event. Like today Nieman was 2 shots ahead for most of the back 9 but it all felt so dead like it was a practice session.

P.S - Poulter & Westwood have definitely taken it as a retirement gift where they are enjoying the perks while not giving a shit
Now that they have withdrawn their OWGR application, hard to see them sway more top players. PGA just needs to take a long terms view and let LIV collapse all on its own.

Skåre Willoch

Scottie is going to be a huge problem this season if he continues putting like he did this weekend. His shots gained tee-to-green numbers are insane, with an added hot putter he'll be looking at a level of dominance not seen for a very long time.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Scottie is going to be a huge problem this season if he continues putting like he did this weekend. His shots gained tee-to-green numbers are insane, with an added hot putter he'll be looking at a level of dominance not seen for a very long time.
Yeah, changing from a blade to a mallet is going to be brutal for the rest of the tour, they'll all be wondering how they can possibly beat him . He's actually insanely good

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Not keen on the Sawgrass course myself, but if Scheffler puts as he did last weekend it’s going to hard stopping him any golf tournament he competes in.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
That was a fun watch. Esp Spieth. "I didn't see anything, but some rando in the crowd said it was below the line" wtf :lol:

This is turning to be an interesting game. Clark has a big lead, but the ones behind seem shifting constantly.

Rory is just plain inconsistent after his Dubai win.

Gavinb33

Schaufelle played one of the best rounds I've seen yesterday, Fitzpatrick kudos for sticking in would have been easy to fold it after the first 9 but he got rewarded, Rory let one round slide and now is probably put of it, Wyndham is playing as well as anyone right now hopefully get some more fireworks today love The Players

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Schaufelle played one of the best rounds I've seen yesterday, Fitzpatrick kudos for sticking in would have been easy to fold it after the first 9 but he got rewarded, Rory let one round slide and now is probably put of it, Wyndham is playing as well as anyone right now hopefully get some more fireworks today love The Players
Schaufelle, Finau etc are players I don’t see ever amounting to greatness. Good players on their own but everytime they’re in contention in big tournaments, they shit the bed.
Crazy when you think how good Xander is.

Hovland better be careful he doesn’t head that way but I think he’s got more in the locker

Skåre Willoch

Should be interesting Masters. Scheffler should be a runaway favorite with Niemann and then Rahm up next.

Toss up for the rest. Rory really wants to win this, but his form has been so inconsistent.
Xander and Harman are my dark horses for the Masters. As long as Scheffler doesn’t run away with it, I don’t care who wins it.

Hopefully Viktor has figured things out by then, but it’s not looking likely.

Gee Male

Xander and Harman are my dark horses for the Masters. As long as Scheffler doesn’t run away with it, I don’t care who wins it.

Hopefully Viktor has figured things out by then, but it’s not looking likely.
Augusta boils down to breaking even on the par 3 and par 4 holes, and making hay on the par 5s. Harman doesn't hit it far enough to compete with what others can do on the par 5s. The difficulty of the greens acts almost against him too, as putting is his biggest strength but is slightly equalised here.

Xander doesn't have any balls. Whatsoever. He's not winning.

My dark horse is Zalatoris. Love to see Rory win it.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Absolutely insane final round in Texas. Denny McCarthy birdies last 7 holes in a row to get to a playoff. He was 6 behind after 9 holes

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
For those uninitiated, masters.com is the best sports website in the fecking world.

Also, cue the fecking piano...

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't see Rory ever winning the masters, the pressure has just got greater with each passing year and I think now it's too much.

Factor in going up against Scheffler, Rahm, and some of the others and it's a massive task.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I don't see Rory ever winning the masters, the pressure has just got greater with each passing year and I think now it's too much.

Factor in going up against Scheffler, Rahm, and some of the others and it's a massive task.
Dunno, Rory (apart from Woods..) is still the most talented golfer out there and if he has one of his weeks, and he usually has a couple of those every year, he’s basically unbeatable. For Rory the key at the Masters is his driving accuracy & cutting out the mistakes, and his short irons where he probably struggles the most with.

Scheffler is obviously the big favorite. He’s Mr steady Eddy and if he puts well it’ll take an Rory on fire type performance to beat him. Outside bet? Lowry! Although he’s not the longest he does have good game for Augusta imo and is a big tournament player. Otherwise it will be the usual PGA suspects like Zalatoris, Whyndham Clark and Hovland, and the usual suspects that are now playing LIV golf. I guess that what makes golf so interesting, so many potential winners depending on the form of the day. Golf tournaments, especially majors, are just so unbelievably difficult to win. And none more difficult than at Augusta.

Gavinb33

Dunno, Rory (apart from Woods..) is still the most talented golfer out there and if he has one of his weeks, and he usually has a couple of those every year, he’s basically unbeatable. For Rory the key at the Masters is his driving accuracy & cutting out the mistakes, and his short irons where he probably struggles the most with.

Scheffler is obviously the big favorite. He’s Mr steady Eddy and if he puts well it’ll take an Rory on fire type performance to beat him. Outside bet? Lowry! Although he’s not the longest he does have good game for Augusta imo and is a big tournament player. Otherwise it will be the usual PGA suspects like Zalatoris, Whyndham Clark and Hovland, and the usual suspects that are now playing LIV golf. I guess that what makes golf so interesting, so many potential winners depending on the form of the day. Golf tournaments, especially majors, are just so unbelievably difficult to win. And none more difficult than at Augusta.
For Rory it's GIR he scrambles far to much at the masters, you need to be splid off the tee sure but you need to get on the greens in regulation