Gaming Gollum | The game so bad the developers apologised

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
All we want is BFME 3 or a a two tower/return of the king remaster.

They want a money grab? Just make a lotr total war then.
A well done LotR Total War would be fecking amazing. The third age mod for Medieval 2 is still the best lotr "game" of all time for me.

led_scholes

A well done LotR Total War would be fecking amazing. The third age mod for Medieval 2 is still the best lotr "game" of all time for me.
Unfortunately, well done and total war don't go together (I may be harsh on the releases since Troy because I haven't tried them).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Unfortunately, well done and total war don't go together (I may be harsh on the releases since Troy because I haven't tried them).
Best game series of all time you heretic.

All the saga stuff is a bit cack, but Rome 1&2 (not at launch mind), Medieval 2, Shogun 2, Empire(also not at launch) 3 kingdoms and the Warhammers are all brilliant of you ask me.

I have sunk thousands upon thousands of hours in them all.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
It's a laughable idea for a game. How can a game almost 10 years before nail the details of Gollum, then come to this current appearance???

Woodzy

The irony is that more people know about this game’s existence based on how terrible it is more than those that actually knew about the game’s existence before release.

Withnail

Seems like it's not even so bad it's good. It's just bad.

You're man moaning about 'depressing' stuff. I'd find that quite entertaining. That happy clappy colourful game he showed looked like my idea of hell.

Although the main issues being it looks like shit and the game play seems to be terrible. You can't gloss over that. Pity anyone who spent 60 quid on it.

led_scholes

Best game series of all time you heretic.

All the saga stuff is a bit cack, but Rome 1&2 (not at launch mind), Medieval 2, Shogun 2, Empire(also not at launch) 3 kingdoms and the Warhammers are all brilliant of you ask me.

I have sunk thousands upon thousands of hours in them all.
Best series of all time till 2014 imo. Thrones of brittania, Rome 1 remastered and troy were really poor and just money grab. Rome 2 and empire were saved in a latter stage as you said, so fair enough I won't count them as "poor" but it was alarming how they released them in this state.

But the direction with the DLCs and the sagas has really alienated me (haven't played 3 kingdoms and Warhammer 3).

Shout out to the mod community though. Mods like darthmod, stainless steel, the LOTR mod you mentioned and many more mods, have kept the series alive.

Personally, I would love a medieval 3 and an empire 2, but I just don't trust them anymore :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You're man moaning about 'depressing' stuff. I'd find that quite entertaining. That happy clappy colourful game he showed looked like my idea of hell.

Although the main issues being it looks like shit and the game play seems to be terrible. You can't gloss over that. Pity anyone who spent 60 quid on it.
He wasn’t being serious about the other game.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Best series of all time till 2014 imo. Thrones of brittania, Rome 1 remastered and troy were really poor and just money grab. Rome 2 and empire were saved in a latter stage as you said, so fair enough I won't count them as "poor" but it was alarming how they released them in this state.

But the direction with the DLCs and the sagas has really alienated me (haven't played 3 kingdoms and Warhammer 3).

Shout out to the mod community though. Mods like darthmod, stainless steel, the LOTR mod you mentioned and many more mods, have kept the series alive.

Personally, I would love a medieval 3 and an empire 2, but I just don't trust them anymore :lol:
Have you played the Warhammet ones though? They're all excellent and quite polished so their track record with a fantasy IP is quite good I'd say.

led_scholes

Have you played the Warhammet ones though? They're all excellent and quite polished so their track record with a fantasy IP is quite good I'd say.
The first two only. I have to try the third one at one point.