Gonçalo Ramos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can he head good? We desparately need a striker with good header.

If United can get a good striker option at a good price why not.

I think the squad needs significant ins and outs over the next 12 months. I posted in the "what do we need" thread, the striker is a huge puzzle piece and if he's good quality at only £25m it might be worth a risk, but United need a "sure thing" to convert chances post Ronaldo.

This kid is so young that him, Sancho and Antony would have a mean age of ~22 which is insane.

If we have to pay double the £25 mill quoted, then he is worth it. Looks a good striker.

Two minutes into the video and I’m yet to see anything impressive.

Two minutes into the video and I’m yet to see anything impressive.
I haven't watched the vid, but last season there was a stat showing he's the defender (from all 5 major competitions) that gets the most touches in the opponent's final 3rd. Pretty impressive.

Nah, he ain't it guys. Been really good for Benfica this season but imo still has a lot of flaws to make the step up.

Only seen the highlights obviously, but my thoughts from that is that he seems to be a decent linkup player, which is required in our system, but his close control and finishing still needs to go up a notch or two. Think i watched a 5 minute video, and i'm not sure i saw him do a one-touch pass at all. Not excluding him, but he probably needs to develop significantly if he is to be our starting forward. Martial seems better at everything bar headers as of now. EDIT: Also, Martial probably better at staying injured, which is a bit significant :wenger:

Given we punted the CF transfer to next season, I'd prefer getting someone more established like Osimhen or Nkuku. CF is one position where I'm happy to see us overpay for quality.

Not seen enough of him yet. My worry is that Benfica have been breeding donkeys over the last couple of years like Vinicius and Darwin. Hope this guy isn't the same breed if we're interested.

Given we punted the CF transfer to next season, I'd prefer getting someone more established like Osimhen or Nkuku. CF is one position where I'm happy to see us overpay for quality.
Nkuku is not a CF

Not 100% convinced, but one thing I am sure of is that Benfica will be laughing all the way to the bank in the summer, as usual.

For 10 years Portugal couldn't find a good player to save their lives, now every 20 year old that comes thorough looks great.

I’d say buy him out of spite alone but he also looks like a significant upgrade over the old fella.

Does he have a release clause (hopefully something closer to 40-50m as opposed to the Felix 120)?

Don't get too excited guys. Watched him twice in the Champions League and wasn't all that impressed. He didn't show any standout weaknesses nor strengths tbh. Only scored 1 in 6 games for Benfica who finished top of their CL group. Seemed a hard worker and team player at least.

Be interesting to see him over a few more games but he's done well tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.