g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Government could ban all over 70's attending matches due to COVID-19

Spark

I can see clubs/owners kicking off due to loss of revenue there.
Awful look, as it won’t be just clubs affected - it’ll be all sports/events. They won’t have a choice, when the decision is made (and it won’t be made lightly).

I’m no expert but believe this is where income insurance comes in?

DevilRed

It was clickbait as the title originally said 'Sir Alex could be banned from OT' and was in the United forum, making it sound like the club was going to ban him from Old Trafford for some reason.
Ah alright mate. I only saw that the government was banning people 70 years and up from the matches.

Either way, my point is that this could become a reality in the coming weeks. We all ignored this when it was going on in China. Till this day people still don't think it will happen in the UK despite whats going on in South Korea and Italy.

Its almost inevitable at this point, with the lack of precautions taken, that there will be a spread of the virus across England. We already have 200+ cases that have been confirmed. Who knows how many thousands more are unidentified and continuing to spread throughout our communities.

Skills

Snitch
Awful look, as it won’t be just clubs affected - it’ll be all sports/events. They won’t have a choice, when the decision is made (and it won’t be made lightly).

I’m no expert but believe this is where income insurance comes in?
I guess it's a bigger problem for a lot of football clubs. Match day income is regular income that clubs have already factored into their day-to-day running. The bigger clubs, for who it makes a smaller cut of their overall revenue, will be fine. But for some of the bottom half clubs, who don't have the mega sponsorship deals - they might be in trouble.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Going to start a new venture selling fake ID to old age pensioners. Anyone want in?

Maticmaker

Agreed. @Maticmaker cool it with the OTT thread titles please.
@Niall Very sorry if its upset some members, it was obviously meant as a joke thread. I am sure SAF would have laughed himself, but don't want anyone having nightmares so please lock the thread if you feel its appropriate

Brightonian

At 78, the way Sir Alex Ferguson lives now will make you sad...

10 things over-70s should be afraid of at football matches... number 6 will shock you!

Maticmaker

It should have been in the general, the football forumistas take their business seriously.
Yes, I am beginning to realize that laughs are hard to generate on here, a bit like the old Glasgow Empire, many comedian died a death there!

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
@Niall Very sorry if its upset some members, it was obviously meant as a joke thread. I am sure SAF would have laughed himself, but don't want anyone having nightmares so please lock the thread if you feel its appropriate
I wouldn't say it was obvious to be honest. Sticking to the facts in future thread titles is probably best.

Maticmaker

I wouldn't say it was obvious to be honest. Sticking to the facts in future thread titles is probably best.
OK @ Niall message received and understood, but quite honestly how anyone on the Red Cafe could believe for one minute that SAF would ever be banned from OT, especially by the club itself is beyond me, it was so obviously a spoof title!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So this is just fake news then. Mike Dean was refereeing yesterday and He's like 89, can't even see the ball clearly anymore.