Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Souness has always been a twat especially when United or former United players are concerned. Why would anything change? At least Keane just hates everyone ;)

Tyrion

At least he's picked a suitable outlet to express his bigotry.
Souness is weird. He often seems dismissive of anything foreign and outside of "our league". When De Zerbi first went to Brighton, Souness moaned that he probably just googled Brighton which was a problem for Souness for some reason. He's a funny pundit because he's a cranky old guy who was an outdated dinosaur before some current players were born. He rarely says anything actually interesting or informative.

I was hoping that "retires from punditry" meant that I wouldn't have to endure his bitter, ABU opinions ever again. Kindly feck off.
I don't think he actually retired. I think Sky just pushed him out.

Withnail

Still can't leave poor Pogba alone.

To be fair he's being asked about it directly and he's not wrong about a lot of that apart from the Ronaldo stuff.

He's not at all taking into account that Ronaldo couldn't give two shits about instilling professionalism. If he isn't playing and scoring goals he doesn't want to know. There was no way Graeme's conversation would have made things turn out differently.

Oranges038

To be fair he's being asked about it directly and he's not wrong about a lot of that apart from the Ronaldo stuff.

He's not at all taking into account that Ronaldo couldn't give two shits about instilling professionalism. If he isn't playing and scoring goals he doesn't want to know. There was no way Graeme's conversation would have made things turn out differently.
Yeah, I don't think he's wrong about Pogba. Best said himself that winning the European cup was the turning point for him, football was never going to get any better. I'd say Pogba and the WC is a similar scenario.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You’re winning in life if winning the World Cup is the worst thing that happened to you.

JogaBonitoRooney

Yeah, I don't think he's wrong about Pogba. Best said himself that winning the European cup was the turning point for him, football was never going to get any better. I'd say Pogba and the WC is a similar scenario.
Not really. I don't think that excuse works on Pogba. Pinnacle is winning World Cup, CL, Euro, a league title, Ballon D'or. If you're playing for teams where you can win all that then there's always something to aim for. Ballon D'or is too much of a ask for him since he's a midfielder and it's Messi Ronaldo era but the others should have been achievable. Pogba's club career and overall career won't go down so well.

Even though Pogba was good in the world cup, reflecting back on it he just looks like a guy who was lucky to be a part of a strong NT team.

The excuse is more understandable for Best who won everything except NT trophies but that was never realistic for him.

Last edited: