Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
He's also criticised white players many times. Plus his Pogba criticisms are repeated on here en masse, suggesting a lot of them are quite valid.

It's a massive leap of logic to be able to claim with any certainty that he's a racist because there's some footage of him criticising some black players.

These types of accusations should be based on solid evidence, which is not being presented.
Evidence like what? Him saying the n word? You do know it's possible to be racist without actually using racist language?

Jimmy_Bond

Because, for certain people these days, being called racist is actually worse than racism.
Again, absolute nonsense. Presuming people are racist with absolute zero foundation is out of order. Mourinho questioned Pogba's attitude every week and worked with him closely. Is he racist?

The most fierce criticism I've seen of Pogba came from Roy Keane during the Manchester derby. Is he racist as well?

Kostur

海尔的老板
I genuinely don’t think you have a clue how racism works given your defences in this thread and you don’t seem particularly interested in having a civil discussion so there’s no point going back and forth.
Neither do you quite frankly, about any time any sort of criticism towards a black player pops up. But I guess I don't know how racism works either.

Jimmy_Bond

I genuinely don’t think you have a clue how racism works given your defences in this thread and you don’t seem particularly interested in having a civil discussion so there’s no point going back and forth.
You accused me of being apart of the problem in one post and then say I don't seem interested in a having a "civil conversation" in the next.

Delicious irony there mate.

Sylar

Well again, if he's asking why Juve are letting a highly rated young talent go for so cheap in a market where average players are going for a lot more, then it's a question I'd certainly be asking and wondering about attitude or injury.
Well again, if people are asking why Souness seems to be questioning the attitude and off the field activities off these young talent with no evidence, and not even knowing them or enough information about them, then its a question id certainly be asking and wondering about Souness mentality.

izzydiggler

Evidence like what? Him saying the n word? You do know it's possible to be racist without actually using racist language?
Of course I know it's s possible but if you're advocating that anyone can be accused oy rasicm without evidence becuase someone might be a rasict, they just haven't demonstrated any evidence of it...

If you're going to accuse Souness of rasicsm, then you need to provide better that circumstancial evidence.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Again, absolute nonsense. Presuming people are racist with absolute zero foundation is out of order. Mourinho questioned Pogba's attitude every week and worked with him closely. Is he racist?

The most fierce criticism I've seen of Pogba came from Roy Keane during the Manchester derby. Is he racist as well?
There isn't zero foundation though. Me calling Klopp or Wenger (for example) racist would have zero foundation.

Mourinho actually worked with Pogba, and he's fallen out with players at every club he's managed. It's not the same at all and the fact you think that's a good comparison is laughable.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Of course I know it's s possible but if you're advocating that anyone can be accused oy rasicm without evidence becuase someone might be a rasict, they just haven't demonstrated any evidence of it...

If you're going to accuse Souness of rasicsm, then you need to provide better that circumstancial evidence.
When did I advocate anyone can be accused of racism? :lol:

Christ, the lengths some people go to

Sylar

BTW, im not going to call Souness racist. Im however going to say hes irresponsible to focus on something where hes making baseless assumptions without bringing in other aspects which might have lead to the sale of him. There are a number of factors which could lead to it, but he focused on the negative one for the point of having something to say.

As a pundit, hes clearly one of the many that dont do research into players that hes about to watch, and thus has to think of something to have a conversation about. This was as lazy a discussion as he could have had about a player, where there were hardly any reports of there being off the field issues (except for racism directed towards him when he was playing).

OL29

You accused me of being apart of the problem in one post and then say I don't seem interested in a having a "civil conversation" in the next.

Delicious irony there mate.
Look at your tone upon entering this thread, we’re you really interested in having a discussion or were you just looking to have a pop;
What a ridiculous world we live in when you can't criticise someone without being labelled a racist.
You came in here with a chip on your shoulder saying that anyone who criticises black players is labelled as a racist, don’t pretend that you came in here to have a nuanced discussion on race.

OL29

Neither do you quite frankly, about any time any sort of criticism towards a black player pops up. But I guess I don't know how racism works either.
Don’t be so dramatic. I can say the same about you popping into any thread where racism is being discussed with a massive chip on your shoulder. Why does the topic get you so upset? Seems strange.

Skills

Snitch
It's unnecessary presumptuous of Souness. I wondered the same with the low transfer fee but it could be for a number of reasons and it's early days anyway.
Juventus also once Thierry Henry go for quite cheap. Their decision making at times can be a bit strange tbh.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Don’t be so dramatic. I can say the same about you popping into any thread where racism is being discussed with a massive chip on your shoulder. Why does the topic get you so upset? Seems strange.
Not upset in the slightest and neither am I the one being dramatic.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can't tell who is being accused of racial undertones anymore.

OL29

Not upset in the slightest and neither am I the one being dramatic.
Whatever you say mate. I’ve seen your stance on racism and your right to use the N word so I’m not particularly interested in discussing the issue with the likes of you.

izzydiggler

When did I advocate anyone can be accused of racism? :lol:

Christ, the lengths some people go to
You dismissed my point that evidence should be required before accusations of rasicsm...that this is is a controversial point, then I'll bow out of this discussion.

It's obviously a very subtled debate that has no solution but in this case, I think accusing Souness without any hard proof is wrong. That's all I have to say.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Whatever you say mate. I’ve seen your stance on racism and your right to use the N word so I’m not particularly interested in discussing the issue with the likes of you.
Hehe alright man, what's my stance on racism again? Care to tell me, quote if possible, as obviously I'm unaware? And what are the 'likes of you'? People who are 'part of the problem' I guess?

You're not the first lunatic on this forum to call me a racist by the way so perhaps that's why I have a 'chip on my shoulder'.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
‘I don’t know him but I’d assume he’s not a problem around the place’. Comment he just made about Eriksen. This should be what he said about Kean as well.

OL29

Hehe alright man, what's my stance on racism again? Care to tell me, quote if possible, as obviously I'm unaware? And what are the 'likes of you'? People who are 'part of the problem' I guess?

You're not the first lunatic on this forum to call me a racist by the way so perhaps that's why I have a 'chip on my shoulder'.
I haven’t called you a racist once, you’re obviously illiterate though. I’m not going to respond after this so let’s just leave it there.

Hephaestus

‘I don’t know him but I’d assume he’s not a problem around the place’. Comment he just made about Eriksen. This should be what he said about Kean as well.
Yep, that would have been a fine comment about Kean yet he chose to question his attitude and give Eriksen the benefit of the doubt.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Jesus Christ, from the reactions in here you'd swear he had a KKK costume on. There was nothing racist about that video. We've all been wondering why the hell Juve sold Kean too.

Jimmy_Bond

Look at your tone upon entering this thread, we’re you really interested in having a discussion or were you just looking to have a pop;

You came in here with a chip on your shoulder saying that anyone who criticises black players is labelled as a racist, don’t pretend that you came in here to have a nuanced discussion on race.
"Nuanced conversation on race." This is really what you were after?

You really are the walking definition of "pot/kettle."

Last I'll be saying about it with you.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I don’t think he’s a racist but he could clearly do with going on a racial sensitivity course. Surprised Sky haven’t sent him one already. He seems to have the worst sort of biases.

mav_9me

Jesus Christ, from the reactions in here you'd swear he had a KKK costume on. There was nothing racist about that video. We've all been wondering why the hell Juve sold Kean too.
Yes. But did you assume he has off field issues? That's the subconscious racist part. And what's the comparison with Adebayor? Other than black and being a striker what's the comparison?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yes. But did you assume he has off field issues? That's the subconscious racist part. And what's the comparison with Adebayor? Other than black and being a striker what's the comparison?
I don't think he assumes it, he asks the question? Adebayor is an example of a player who fits the criteria he's talking about, wasted talent.

Look, Souness is a prick and I'm sure there are countless examples of racial overtones in his commentary; but he does this with loads of players, he loves jumping to conclusions about them because he's a fecking fool. I'm the last person who'd defend him but that clip seemed like nothing to me. However I am a white male so if black people DO think it's racist then I can't really argue it.