Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Is there anyone that has compiled a list of the comments he has made about Pogba? I feel like there are so many negative ones.

Zoo

How much of a tw@t does Graeme feel tonight? He should be embarrassed.

FujiVice

Graeme Souness is the only man ever to play a person who wasnt a professional footballer in a Premiership match. That is his legacy for me and always will be. A man who couldnt spot that he was being conned into signing someone who wasnt a professional. Thick as shit.

Djemba-Djemba

His dislike for Utd is understandable because he's a Liverpool legend and he was their manager when we started to dominate English football and lots of Liverpool fans still blame him for contributing towards it.

His obsession with Pogba and the lengths he goes to shoehorn him into discussions just so he can slag him off is bizarre. It's like Pogba has done something to personally offend him.

lsd

The Oracle
Guys Sourness is nothing Eamon Dunphy has just managed to slag off Cantona , Jose and Evra in analysing today's game

Bobski

His dislike for Utd is understandable because he's a Liverpool legend and he was their manager when we started to dominate English football and lots of Liverpool fans still blame him for contributing towards it.

His obsession with Pogba and the lengths he goes to shoehorn him into discussions just so he can slag him off is bizarre. It's like Pogba has done something to personally offend him.
Felt for a long time that he was fairly generous towards Utd and appreciated the way that Fergie Utd especially approached the game. We were good then though, and he has started to criticize Utd more in the years they have been poor. Shockingly. A lot of it has been valid, but some is over the top, the Pogba stuff the obvious example.

RedorDead21

Felt for a long time that he was fairly generous towards Utd and appreciated the way that Fergie Utd especially approached the game. We were good then though, and he has started to criticize Utd more in the years they have been poor. Shockingly. A lot of it has been valid, but some is over the top, the Pogba stuff the obvious example.
Hopefully it works for us. I'm happy he does it. Only one way for Pogs to prove him wrong and thats win everything there is to win with us....

Djemba-Djemba

Aye, I think that was perhaps out of deference and respect to Fergie too.

Like you said, there have been plenty of valid reasons to criticise Utd in the last 5 years, we've been a shambles for most of it but he has come out with some right bollocks too. Even after we've won big games he's sat there and refused to give us any credit.

I hope he's fecking squirming on camera somewhere having to analyse Pogba's goal. Be interesting to see how he manages to twist things into a way to slag Pogba off after winning a World Cup final.

Bobski

Hopefully it works for us. I'm happy he does it. Only one way for Pogs to prove him wrong and thats win everything there is to win with us....
Pogba's performances in this tournament don't wipe away much of the frustration with him in the past being fair. He hasn't played like this for Utd, not consistently, hasn't shown this maturity, leadership and concentration. If Souness/Others calling him out on his issues has lead to this progression then it is a good thing for his career, and hopefully Utd.

RedorDead21

Pogba's performances in this tournament don't wipe away much of the frustration with him in the past being fair. He hasn't played like this for Utd, not consistently, hasn't shown this maturity, leadership and concentration. If Souness/Others calling him out on his issues has lead to this progression then it is a good thing for his career, and hopefully Utd.
Yeah his performance in the CL for us in that last game was beyond dog shit in comparison. I agree he needs to step it up for us. Hopefully Fred helps with that as well.

Josep Dowling

Straight out with his usual narrative, ‘athletism’, I mean all footballers are athletic. Such a low ball positive to describe Pogba.

He has far more to offer than simply making runs forward.

Big Chomp

Pogba has never played as good for united as he has done for Juve and now France I agree with souness ,jose doesnt know how to get the best out of him. He's a fantastic player though.

Zoo

Pogba has never played as good for united as he has done for Juve and now France I agree with souness ,jose doesnt know how to get the best out of him. He's a fantastic player though.
Pogba has had plenty of good moments and games for us. Expecting more is fine though.

Souness’ assertion that Deschamps should use him an impact sub was laughable showed why he is a failed manager as well as being obsessed.

Hephaestus

His comments before the game were amazing. So glad Pogba showed him up in spectacular fashion, if the man had any shame he'd slink off with his tail between his legs. He won't though.

Slevs

likes to play with penises

Pogba is the coming of age midfielder with the world at his feet. World class ability making a shit ton of money in the process. Sourness is probably pissed he missed out on the spotlight (he was a midfielder too) and the mega money players now make.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Sounds like he says alot of things United fans say on here, that Pogba needs to be alleviated most of his defensive abilities to see the best from him.

James Peril

This just isn’t true at all. Like I have said before, Pogba is MotM every other game for us - we win more games when he is playing and he has the best stats when it comes to goal points. The myth that he is so incredibly inconsistent is false, he is consistantly good for us - but United are a much weaker team than France and the competition is insane in England.

Pogba, like everyone else, has bad games. Difference between him and most others is that he gets slated for it every time it happens. If him and Eriksen have two similarly bad games, Pogba will be mentioned and discussed by pundits, nobody will mention Eriksen. Just how it is being a United-player.

devil in me

This just isn’t true at all. Like I have said before, Pogba is MotM every other game for us - we win more games when he is playing and he has the best stats when it comes to goal points. The myth that he is so incredibly inconsistent is false, he is consistantly good for us - but United are a much weaker team than France and the competition is insane in England.

Pogba, like everyone else, has bad games. Difference between him and most others is that he gets slated for it every time it happens. If him and Eriksen have two similarly bad games, Pogba will be mentioned and discussed by pundits, nobody will mention Eriksen. Just how it is being a United-player.
I love Pogba as a player, but it's very hard to deny that he is inconsistent for us. He is not 'consistently good ' in any way.
Agree with the bottom part of your post though , he will get slaughtered more than most, but that's the nature of playing for a top club.

The Bloody-Nine

I love Pogba as a player, but it's very hard to deny that he is inconsistent for us. He is not 'consistently good ' in any way.
Agree with the bottom part of your post though , he will get slaughtered more than most, but that's the nature of playing for a top club.
Correct. And he gets slaughtered because of the price tag. That's not his fault, but when you spend a world record fee on a player, the expectation increases. And he's been hit and miss with us.

Shiva87

No player (bar Messi and Ronaldo) have been consistently good in my time of watching football (20 years now). Everyone has good and bad games. Problem is, Pogba gets targeted every time he has a poor game and not recognised enough for his good performances. His stats for us are ridiculously good and we look much better as a team with him. Sometimes he can be immature and let the occasion get to him - but the maturity he has shown during this tournament feels like it will be a turning point for him.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Graeme Souness is the only man ever to play a person who wasnt a professional footballer in a Premiership match. That is his legacy for me and always will be. A man who couldnt spot that he was being conned into signing someone who wasnt a professional. Thick as shit.
Bebe wasn't a professional footballer. I don't care what anyone says.

Ekeke

Sounds like he says alot of things United fans say on here, that Pogba needs to be alleviated most of his defensive abilities to see the best from him.
But that hasnt been the case for France.

He's done his duties in 1 vs 1 duels and defending quite well. For example he won the ball a lot today, or against Argentina he played right up against Banega who had an outstanding game before and he kept him quiet. Then theres the Belgium game where he tracked Fellaini back into his own box and beat him in the air several times to defend the situatuion. The most impressive thing about Pogba at the world cup is hes showing he can do a secure job defending as well as attacking.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He's probably going to spin it like it's Mourinho's fault or something like 'makes it even worse given he can perform like that'. They alway do that.

Tomuś

He's not the only one, though. 2 of my mates have always been Pogba's staunch haters but even they are like 'Fair play, proved me wrong', 'Respect' or something now. This stuff that makes you actually warm to them as you know they're going to hold their hands up in the future.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Imagine being around so much negativity and bitterness. God, I hope he isn't contagious and all those who have been around him can keep a certain level of common sense.

Tomuś

Imagine being around so much negativity and bitterness. God, I hope he isn't contagious and all those who have been around him can keep a certain level of common sense.
Think he's this type that will make people around actually going exactly opposite, if only to wum him.

Tom Foster

Souness is the last pundit I want to disappear.

From a United standpoint he’s been hilarious ever since he stopped playing and even funnier in the odd years when Liverpool looked like they could fluke the league.

And then, take Utd and Liverpool out of the equation and he’s a decent pundit.

Love the way he can’t mask his feelings when he has to praise us though.