Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Sky will love Sourness tonight. The amount of engagements they'll get off his comments. They'll be hawking that to advertisers.

Djemba-Djemba

just realised who Sounness reminds me of now - my old man

just completely random bursts of anger that come out of no where, that are totally out of context and tone for pretty much everything that's come before
Yeah that's the key thing.

I thought his actual argument was fair enough, I think it was a foul by Pogba and we got away with it.

It was the sheer anger of him that was mental, he looked like he was going to burst into tears. He was also so rude to Robbie Keane , just shouting over him and dismissing him even though he was actually agreeing with Souness.

Weirdo.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
First time I've agreed with Souness. He didnt say anything untrue about Pogba, just that he had a bad touch, they both went for the ball - It happens.

IT is a free kick and its poor from the ref and VAR. But glad they fecked up. Huge 3 points.
He spent more time on Pogba though (“leg breaker”) and hardly anything on Mike Dean or VAR. He made it seem (to anyone just watching him) that Pogba had got away with a dangerous foul when it’s up to the ref/VAR to decide… personally, if he’d given a FK, I’d have thought ok (just) but the lad runs two steps, looks at Dean, hops then falls over- it’s screaming “DIVE”

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He is so jealous of him it's insane haha
I don't see why Souness who achieved more in the game and was a great midfielder in his own right would be jealous of Pogba. It's scouse ABU nonsense as usual from the likes of Souness and co. You know it's bullshit when even Carragher said it was not a foul, after he sprnt all game downplaying United as a team.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
If i'm being honest - that beard with the grey hair? He's a hottie.

Andersonson

He spent more time on Pogba though (“leg breaker”) and hardly anything on Mike Dean or VAR. He made it seem (to anyone just watching him) that Pogba had got away with a dangerous foul when it’s up to the ref/VAR to decide… personally, if he’d given a FK, I’d have thought ok (just) but the lad runs two steps, looks at Dean, hops then falls over- it’s screaming “DIVE”
I didnt get that impression. I watched it on Sky. He said it could been a leg breaker and I agree with this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The irony is it wouldn't have been a foul in his day, and it's not a foul these days as they've changed the rules to play on for minor touches like that.

Add in that their man was totally unaffected until he clocked the ball had gone to a different position, and I don't think we've had a steal here.

Well, outside of the result itself obviously :drool:

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I didnt get that impression. I watched it on Sky. He said it could been a leg breaker and I agree with this.
Im not sure what you’re saying? I mentioned “leg breaker “?

And so what? Every tackle COULD BE a leg breaker if two inches higher, two inches to the left, a second later… it wasn’t and it didn’t.

If De Geas hand was two inches higher, Wolves score… if Jiminez dives two inches higher, maybe Dean sees it’s a dive… if if if.

I watched it too (and posted a clip earlier in this thread). He hardly mentions VAR or Dean and talks over both Keanes even though they’re effectively agreeing it was a free kick. No ones arguing (in this thread) about the foul or not, this is about Souness and his bias against one player

Its incessant now and tiring.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He didn't though. He barely clipped his shin pad. It's a foul but he was hyping it up beyond belief. It didn't even put Neves on the deck so it was hardly going to be a leg breaker FFS.
It wasn't even a sock tearer :lol:

laughtersassassin

Sounness must be devastated that Pogba is superior with the ball than he ever was is now doing his patented challenges

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Had he hit him more straight it, it would've been a red card.
But he didn't. I don't get this argument to be honest. You can say that about any tackle. The one they played the ball out, wolves player stepped on Bruno foot. Had been little up could have broke his leg. But it was not.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Im not sure what you’re saying? I mentioned “leg breaker “?

And so what? Every tackle COULD BE a leg breaker if two inches higher, two inches to the left, a second later… it wasn’t and it didn’t.

If De Geas hand was two inches higher, Wolves score… if Jiminez dives two inches higher, maybe Dean sees it’s a dive… if if if.

I watched it too (and posted a clip earlier in this thread). He hardly mentions VAR or Dean and talks over both Keanes even though they’re effectively agreeing it was a free kick. No ones arguing (in this thread) about the foul or not, this is about Souness and his bias against one player

Its incessant now and tiring.
It's like saying Andersonson could have made a good post...

but he didn't.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
I don't know if it's a foul or not but I do know that if the roles were reversed then Redcafe would have a very different opinion on the matter. That's football for you though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Has he ever called out Salah for dives? Called a Liverpool player for obvious fouls not called? Gone OTT on a Liverpool player committing a foul?
He did shock us all going on about a Salah dive once.

But quickly qualified it with a "they all do it" disclaimer.

lsd

The Oracle

Sounness must be devastated that Pogba is superior with the ball than he ever was is now doing his patented challenges

I think that tackle is more shameful than Keane's on Halaand as Keane never fell to his knees in a pathetic attempt to claim he was the injured party.

If you are going to tackle like that own it and go to the opponent and stomp his face for good measure

Souness was very soft i guess

Joseunited

Why do Sky continue to employ this idiot?I couldn't believe how angry he was getting talking about the Pogba foul:eek:.
Fecking wanker.

McTerminator

Has he ever called out Salah for dives? Called a Liverpool player for obvious fouls not called? Gone OTT on a Liverpool player committing a foul?
No, but tbf I don’t blame him for bias.

Call him out on it sure, but don’t blame him for it.

Gary Neville could stand to be more bias towards United. I’d like him a lot more.

Most other United pundits are bias to some degree.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Just to play devils advocate: Even if Pobas foot is "2 inches to the right". He hits Neves's shinguard with the end of his foot where the least amount of force is. Unless Neves is a man made of grass, at worst he'd feel a "punch" to the shin and that'd be that.

Graeme Souness is also a man who hates Paul Pogba over all, and Manchester United 5% less. He's the epithome of a dickead

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Sounnes doing a talksport audition live on Sky. What a prick.

rooney2009

He is really bad on Man Utd games
He needs to grow up really, He is being paid for this and should be more professional