Graham Potter | turns down Ajax job

RoyH1

Boehly and his so-called analytics geniuses are bunch of fecking amateurs with more money than brains. Pathetic lot

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
really surprised at this. i thought he’d cleared the air with his squad after inviting them into his office individually and asking them “do you like me?”

ShinjiNinja26

Feck off! I was hoping he’d cling on in there until after we’d played them. Long overdue though, I’m amazed he’s lasted this long. Can see them going for Nagelsman now.

lysglimt

Scout
Tuchel is extremely high regarded- and will probably have his second CL trophy this year.

Potter was flavor of the month only in the mediocre British context - media hyping up English coaches as world class who would never ever get a look for some of Europe's top clubs. Would Potter get a look in at PSG, BVB, Inter, Benfica, Madrid? Let's get real, there's levels to this.
If I took over Bayern, they would still have a good chance of winning the C.L - and I have never managed a u7-team :)

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Just an awful fit.

I can see him going to Spurs and doing well, but they must have PTSD from hiring ex-Chelsea managers by now. :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
bizarre decision really. If you were going to sack him then it was time to do so based on results a while ago. Makes a mockery of what they proposed to do there.

he’s a good manager and whoever gets him next will be the better for it.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's a repeat of what happened at Forest, but this time the Chairmen got rid of his own Managerial appointment less than 7 months after hiring him. Despite flooding the team with new players, knowing it would take time for the team to build up, knowing his Managerial appointment was a long term appointment then getting fed up when his long term appointment and strategy wasn't working in the short term. Amateur hour.

mu4c_20le

If I took over Bayern, they would still have a good chance of winning the C.L - and I have never managed a u7-team :)
Pep tried three times and couldn't do it with Lewa. I doubt you'd have a good chance mate.

SB16

Feel sorry for him. He's a very talented manager in my opinion, and I hope he gets a chance to rebuild his reputation at another team in the league or elsewhere.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Reminds me a bit of Moyes at United. Came in during a time when there was a massive change at the club and has probably taken a lot of the blame for the higher ups mistakes. He likely won’t have commanded the dressing room either, a shame because you have to gamble on going to a club like Chelsea if you get the chance but in hindsight he was safer staying with Brighton.

Lee565

Leicester City New manager, surely spurs won't want him after looking out of his depth at Chelsea.

Will laugh my ass off if Chelsea go after Brighton new manager

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Leicester City New manager, surely spurs won't want him after looking out of his depth at Chelsea.

Will laugh my ass off if Chelsea go after Brighton new manager
Spurs would actually be a likely choice considering you need to have managed Chelsea to get hired there these days. :lol:

cyberman

Yep probably nailed on to get Nagelsman in and have a glimmer of hope of winning the champions league to get UCL next season.
The statement say to get behind the caretaker manager until the end of the season.
No chance a top manager walks into there this season

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
No surprise here, Potter like a deer in the headlights. His tenure has been a disaster.

Ultimately its on Boehly and the terrible money waste transfers as much as Potter.