Graham Potter appointed Chelsea manager

caid

I said it last season, and I have watched them play in a number of games, but there has to be a point where you are judged on your results.

He finished 16th last season with on 9 wins all season.

He is down to 13th now this season with 5 losses on the trot.

He has them playing nice football at times but results do matter and his have been pretty average.

16 wins in 66 PL games is a 24% win percentage. It’s average, even for a club like Brighton
Yeah i'm starting to see it as a weakness too. His team plays well but consistently fails to get the results their play deserves. Their reaction to going a goal ahead is usually to try and fail to protect the lead and they look utterly beaten if they go behind. He's a good manager in my view but has a bit of developing to do before he's ready for a top tier team.

SATA

It's utterly bizarre there are fans on here who put his name forward for the United job. He's probably a good coach but obviously doesn't have the charisma and personality for such a massive job. The players we have now won't give him an ounce of respect when he walks into Carrington on day one

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rubbish manager, should’ve told Maupay to score that penalty.

Lecland07

Manager fails to sign proper striker in how many transfer windows?
It is on the club to sign a player - managers can say who they want, but have no power over whether the signing actually takes place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
31 shots against Norwich and only 4 on target.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a great manager on a poor run for the first time. Maybe thing are getting a bit stale at brighton, but let's be honest they've over achieved for a long time.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Beat Arsenal and Tottenham in his last two matches, seems to have turned them around well.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I want to see managers like this try get a chance abroad.

Lecland07

Fantastic manager - needs to step up clubs, now. His team consistently plays really good football against the top teams; they rarely get dominated. Even in the 4-1 loss against City, they ended up applying a lot of pressure in the second half.

All the top clubs have struggled against them in games, which is brilliant when you consider Tuchel, Klopp, Guardiola and Conte are in the league. Just shows his abilities.

Idxomer

At worst, he's the 5th best manager in the league. Some like to discredit him for whatever reason, but what he's been doing is amazing.

slored1

He is a really good coach. Give him a better team like Villa and he would have them comfortably in top 10.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
You mean like when he managed in Sweden, brought his team up a few leagues, won the Swedish cup, and got them into European football?

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
He's already spent 7-8 years in Sweden taking Östersund FK from swedish 4th tier to the Europa League, and has a wife and young kids who've spent 3 years settling down in Brighton and going to school there. I wouldn't hold it against him if he limited himself to staying put or only considering clubs in/to the south of London.

Reactions: Cheimoon

BerryBerryShrew

He is a really good coach. Give him a better team like Villa and he would have them comfortably in top 10.
To be honest Villa have a really good side. They should probably be competing for the CL places in the same way that West Ham are under you know who.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’s an excellent coach. If they had a striker of quality, they’d be pushing for Europa League spots.

arthurka

At worst, he's the 5th best manager in the league. Some like to discredit him for whatever reason, but what he's been doing is amazing.
They also seem to have a fantastic recruitment system. Many really skillful and tricky players full of gusto.

Nickosaur

Fan boys are hiding.
Hello.

But seriously, I do think he deserves all the hype he gets. Brighton were closest in style to Burnley when Hughton left and Potter took over. The style of play he's brought to the club, and the possibility of a top half finish for Brighton, is a really superb achievement.

Rumours that Spurs would go in for Potter if Conte does replace Poch at PSG...

L1nk

Likely to be Spurs bound in the summer it seems if Conte leaves

copen1945

Hopefully, he would move on to a bigger club next season. He would be spectacular with a quality set of players and a respectable budget. I am hoping in two or three seasons, United would consider him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
going from possesion to possesion manager is the right thing to do. Wonder if Potter might be looked at (just looked at) after Ten Hag.

padr81

Supports
Man City
going from possesion to possesion manager is the right thing to do. Wonder if Potter might be looked at (just looked at) after Ten Hag.
He won't be at Brighton for another 3 years or so. I'd very much expect a Spurs or Arsenal to come his way eventually.

Classical Mechanic

It should be a good time for him to move on at the end of this season. There’s a good chance he’ll secure Brighton’s highest ever league finish and with Dan Ashworth going to Newcastle it would be a decent time to draw a line under his time at Brighton. It depends on offers of course.

copen1945

It should be a good time for him to move on at the end of this season. There’s a good chance he’ll secure Brighton’s highest ever league finish and with Dan Ashworth going to Newcastle it would be a decent time to draw a line under his time at Brighton. It depends on offers of course.
Howe made the mistake of going down with the ship. Hopefully, Potter would take care of himself and his career better.

Reactions: Cheimoon