Graham Potter | Apparently in "serious" talks with Ajax

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Totally normal. It's the same reason I can't stand seeing Arsenal fans happy. I spent my entire childhood and majority of my adulthood living amongst them and I can't think of a fanbase worse than them :lol:
Yup. Although weirdly the ground I lived closest to was Loftus Road and I never got wound up by QPR fans. Fulham fans seemed ok too.

There’s definitely something about success that makes some fans more annoying than others. So the upside of United’s horrific last 10 years is how much more loveable it’s made us fans :)

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
A game as boring, if not more so, than its predecessors.

Worrying decisions.

From the starting eleven to the substitutions.

I expected more boldness and freshness in Potter.

I think we're all more confused at the moment than before.

It's not a good sign.

Azpi and Silva?
Against one of the youngest and best organised teams in the competition?

Auba?

I want to see Fofana, Broja, another style of play.

Potter looked lost throughout the game.

It's early days but it looks like it's going to be a long and tedious road, what I'm least worried about is the result.

And we are last in the group.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Worrying decisions.

It's not a good sign.

Azpi and Silva?

Auba?

It's early days but it looks like it's going to be a long and tedious road, what I'm least worried about is the result.

Sack Potter
Sell Sterling

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
What a horrendous twitter post. Sure, let's take a snapshot of a Tuchel game where only 1 midfielder out of 5 at the club could complete 90 mins. No Kova, no James. And then say it's indicative of overall structure...
I think he will make chelsea mid table club. Our entitled fan base think he is better than tuchel. You have to laugh at them. Of course some of our fans didn't deserve tuchel.

Let's wait when games come thick and fast. Potter ever managed three games a week once in his managerial career. I doubt it. Todd is clueless as many of our fans when they decided to sack tuchel and many of fans lap it up.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yup. Although weirdly the ground I lived closest to was Loftus Road and I never got wound up by QPR fans. Fulham fans seemed ok too.

There’s definitely something about success that makes some fans more annoying than others. So the upside of United’s horrific last 10 years is how much more loveable it’s made us fans :)
Yeah errr, no. Nope. That's not a thing. You will always be top 3 most annoying fanbase for every other fanbase in the land :wenger:

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I did see a bit of the game, i was wondering what Potter was on too with Sterling deployed at left wing back...

He wore the look of a man under pressure from minute one till the end of that game, he might trun things around given time but Chelsea don't give time.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Worrying decisions.

It's not a good sign.

Azpi and Silva?

Auba?

Yawn. You are the most negative fan I've come across for a while. Almost every single post of yours I've seen read like this one.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yawn. You are the most negative fan I've come across for a while. Almost every single post of yours I've seen read like this one.
If you format a post in a certain way.

It might get you a bit of attention.

The actual substance of the post is irrelevant.

Sentences?

Not really needed anymore.

Just gotta be different.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Giving credits to him when one year ago if Tuchel and his team drew against RB Salzburg people would've called it a failure.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Giving credits to him when one year ago if Tuchel and his team drew against RB Salzburg people would've called it a failure.
Tuchel's first game as Chelsea coach was a scoreless bore draw at home to Wolves. We ended that season as CL winners. I'm just saying.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What a horrendous twitter post. Sure, let's take a snapshot of a Tuchel game where only 1 midfielder out of 5 at the club could complete 90 mins. No Kova, no James. And then say it's indicative of overall structure...
It's comparing two snapshots of how Chelsea were set up versus teams with similar playstyles. It's a perfectly valid exercise as long as people don't go bananas drawing implications that aren't warranted.

Redfrog

Tuchel's first game as Chelsea coach was a scoreless bore draw at home to Wolves. We ended that season as CL winners. I'm just saying.
It’s was 1-1 yesterday. You’ll will win the treble then.
Just saying :wenger:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Well if you win CL this season I'd be fine with it. Better than Citeh with fecking Majin Buu winning it. We wouldnt hear the end of it and the frenzy media wank over Haaland.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Potter should be given much more leeway than other managers given he's not spent a penny on players.
Not sure if entirely serious with this?

Its evident that Tuchel didn't have too much of a say in the signings, so can we assume that Tuchel should of had more leeway because he didn't sign the players he wanted?

Chelsea still spent close to £300m, Potter has an embarrassment of riches at his disposal, so shouldn't really deserve much more leeway than Bohley gave Tuchel.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Not sure if entirely serious with this?

Its evident that Tuchel didn't have too much of a say in the signings, so can we assume that Tuchel should of had more leeway because he didn't sign the players he wanted?

Chelsea still spent close to £300m, Potter has an embarrassment of riches at his disposal, so shouldn't really deserve much more leeway than Bohley gave Tuchel.
Potter has just took over though, he hasn't been able to have a preseason with this group of players and it's going to take time to get them used to his approach. It makes sense you'd give more leeway to a manager who has just took charge compared to one who had been there for a few years.

SATA

Watching him in Chelsea’s dugout reminded me of Moyes in the United dugout all those years ago. Some managers just look out of place in that no matter how you see it

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Watching him in Chelsea’s dugout reminded me of Moyes in the United dugout all those years ago. Some managers just look out of place in that no matter how you see it
I have seen a few say this but this just feels like some kind of confirmation bias.

Last edited:

Idxomer

I felt the same, he looked out of place and his suit seemed ill-fitted.

He's a great coach and tactically he has the right ideas but implementing them at a top club is gonna be a big challenge for him.

OverratedOpinion

This page is hilarious.

One draw in the Champions League group stage after being in charge about a week and it is "David Moyes in an ill fitted suit" and they are going to have a "long and tedious road".

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
I did see a bit of the game, i was wondering what Potter was on too with Sterling deployed at left wing back...
On paper the formation was something like a 3-5-2 with Sterling at LWB but the reality was very different. Sterling playing 'wing-back' last night was unlike any role we saw from the wing-backs at any given time during Tuchel's reign, including when wingers like CHO or Pulisic played there.

If you look at the heat map @Zen posted on the previous page, Sterling's average positioning was highest up the pitch of all Chelsea players who started the game and he very rarely even made it back to our own half. Instead Cucurella often moved wider from the LCB position to cover the flank and at the same time either Kovacic or Jorginho dropped deeper from midfield to cover for Cucurella moving out of his position at CB. Sterling had no defensive duties whatsoever and was playing more like a traditional out-and-out winger.

Reducing Sterling's role from last night's game to 'wing-back' just tells me you either didn't focus on the game at all or simply failed to understand what was happening in front of your eyes.

mu4c_20le

I have seen a few say this but this just feels like some kind of confirmation bias.
Think Moyes might be a bit much, he's not as egotistical or cretinous. But I can see where they are coming from, it was the first time I've actually seen him look nervous or even a bit... overawed? It felt a bit more Rodgers for me than Moyes though. I can see him enjoying a decent period at least.

Grande

Maybe it’s because I lived in West London for a while but I always found them amongst the most annoying fans in football.
when was this? I travelled from Norway to see my local team play at Stamford Bridge back around 2000, and their fans seemed a good lot with a great sense of banter.Propely impressed by our travelling fans too, were they :D

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
when was this? I travelled from Norway to see my local team play at Stamford Bridge back around 2000, and their fans seemed a good lot with a great sense of banter.Propely impressed by our travelling fans too, were they :D
That's because we had Tore Andre Flo back then and we really loved our Norwegians :)

gza the genius

Seems most people are being a bit harsh. We do all remember how United started the season, correct? Doesn't mean ETH is a guaranteed success now or that Potter will definitely turn it around but I think it's safe to say it's far too early to tell.

OverratedOpinion

You were lucky.

I have never been to Stamford Bridge without leaving with a healthy feeling that they have some of the worst fans in the country (and some good ones too of course). I have

CarbonStoolBites

Watch him talk about how Chelsea should strive to be like Arsenal, and how they will try to make it difficult for Fulham at home.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Think Moyes might be a bit much, he's not as egotistical or cretinous. But I can see where they are coming from, it was the first time I've actually seen him look nervous or even a bit... overawed? It felt a bit more Rodgers for me than Moyes though. I can see him enjoying a decent period at least.
I didn't see that at all, which is why I'm saying it feels like confirmation bias. It seems strange to see an English manager from a midtable club given the chance to manage a top club in the CL. Lots have said the job might be too big for him, some said he looked a bit in awe of Chelsea in his intro interview and so people are seemingly now analysing his body language and mannerism through that lens.

Grande

I felt the same, he looked out of place and his suit seemed ill-fitted.

He's a great coach and tactically he has the right ideas but implementing them at a top club is gonna be a big challenge for him.
Pros :
Great coach
Right tactical ideas

cons:
Wrong looks
Ill-fitted suit

He’s gonna have a hard time coaching.

OverratedOpinion

There's just so many of you, everywhere.

If the Chelsea fanbase is 30% annoying fans but Man United have 1% annoying fans, there's still a load more annoying Man United fans.

More glory = more glory hunters. It's the price you pay!
Also means you meet a tonne more great ones too tbf.