Graham Potter | Apparently in "serious" talks with Ajax

cyberman

Nah, there should be some clause related to the time spent in the job (seven months) and the severance pay mentioned in another tweet will be muuuuuuch less than that. Potter might well sue Boehly for more, if he likes.
Not sure how that would work. May as well not have severance pay if that’s the case.

TheReligion

Abusive
Nah, there should be some clause related to the time spent in the job (seven months) and the severance pay mentioned in another tweet will be muuuuuuch less than that. Potter might well sue Boehly for more, if he likes.
Huge numbers

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Really intrigued to see what a different manager will achieve. Doesn’t seem like the easiest of jobs at the minute.
Hardest decision will be who to cut out of the 40 odd first team players with the loans coming back etc..!

Sounds like Potter's contract was smart anyway.., not getting whole contract paid out or even close to it.

Real won 6 0 today and they'll be massive favourites in the CL. If they play like that we've no chance. Benz, Vini and Rodrygo different class to our forwards.

TheReligion

Abusive
Hardest decision will be who to cut out of the 40 odd first team players with the loans coming back etc..!

Sounds like Potter's contract was smart anyway.., not getting whole contract paid out or even close to it.

Real won 6 0 today and they'll be massive favourites in the CL. If they play like that we've no chance. Benz, Vini and Rodrygo different class to our forwards.
I mean I don’t think smart is the word for any of this tbh.

siw2007

Wow, I didn’t think they were actually going to do it. Regardless, it’s been a long time coming. I still think Potter is a very talented coach but the Chelsea job as it is is just too difficult for him. I expect Potter to bounce back with a smaller club and rebuild his reputation but I don’t see him making that step up to one of the big clubs anymore. Though he may get the England job at some point.

For Chelsea, it’s bound to be Nagelsmann. I don’t know whether they will get him now or at the end of the season, I thought that he would sit out the remaining months. He is a very talented coach too but like Potter, he may find Chelsea a very difficult job for him to work too.

Antarion

Bayern vs Nagelsmann in CL semi final is inevitable if nagelsmann joins chelsea

TheeAma12

Supports
Chelsea
What's incorrect about anything I said? You brought in a host of new players in the Summer and again in the Winter. It's nothing like the Villa job where Emery is working with a smaller, settled team. Chelsea have changed a host of new players and expected Potter to just work it out, even if he rates or doesn't rate the players. It's exactly the same situation as Forest.

Yes, Potter can be the wrong man and yes you can sack him. But you still look like amateur hour bringing in a Manager, understanding that the project is long term, bringing in a host of new players and yet expecting the Manager to deal with all that and make it work short term. Football simply doesn't work like that. Just accept that your owners are horrific and don't know what the hell they're doing, it will make it easier in the long run and temper your expectations as you watch shit show after shit show unfold before your eyes.

To make matters even worse the next Manager is going to have to deal with a squad where players will have 6+ year contracts and he'll just have to make do with the shit you've got. Knowing that if he doesn't like these players shifting them on will be tricky. It's nice to see another top club being run horribly for a change, we had it for a number of years under Woody. Your turn!
You seem to forget that this is the Chelsea way we've always fired managers after bad performances. Potter has been a disaster. The fans have been wanting him gone from January. Todd made the wrong decision of making footballing decisions without footballing people on board the difference is we have footballing people now at the club(Monaco, Rbl, Brighton) The length of the contracts are irrelevant because the players we have bought are literally players that are considered top prospects in football and they are all on LOW wages so the length of the contract isn't an issue you're acting like we brought in bums who don't know what they are doing. Also of all the new players that we have brought in the only mainstays are Enzo, Felix Cucrella and Koulibaly. Everyone else was here under Tuchel and he got them in September. Potter has had more mid season breaks and time to get his point across.
First it was the injuries are a problem, then it was oh he has no players. Players came back from injuries you got some of the talented youngsters in europe.

Yeah you will call it circus and that is your opinion what is a fact is that Potter was failing at his job And should have been sacked before the International break,

Edwards6

Wasn’t it something like £20m?

Apparently he was on £12m per year and a 5 year contract.

He’s going to get over £50m from Chelsea as pay out.

£70+m on potter for 25 games..

Wow
Crazy, plus the £300m spent on players in January on long contracts that the new manager might not want

Bert_

Daft he took the job in the first place. He's the type of manager that needs time and the right backing to build a team which he was never going to get at Chelsea.

He'd do well at Spurs.

TheReligion

Abusive
Apparently they’d have to pay out the rest of his contract as he’s done over 6 months in the job.

So that’s over £50m.

If Boehly was to take the decision to sack Potter, Chelsea would need to buy out the remainder of his deal. This would cost the Blues somewhere in the region of £50million, given he has already completed half a year in charge.

https://www.football.london/chelsea...n=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Chief123

Apparently they’d have to pay out the rest of his contract as he’s done over 6 months in the job.

So that’s over £50m.

If Boehly was to take the decision to sack Potter, Chelsea would need to buy out the remainder of his deal. This would cost the Blues somewhere in the region of £50million, given he has already completed half a year in charge.

https://www.football.london/chelsea...n=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target
That makes Boehly decisions even worse. He’s cost them £50m by not sacking him slightly earlier before 6 months elapsed!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Aren't pretty much all of the backroom staff people he took from Brighton aswell? And that fitness guy is someone Tuchel wants at Bayern.

Genuinely interested who they're actually going to put in temporary charge v Liverpool as I'd like them to rouse themselves to get at least a draw from that.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Could be worse. We could be Watford..

Sadly it was inevitable. He proved he was incapable of turning things around. Despite the clubs position I’m glad we tried to give him the opportunity to turn our fortunes around. He got a lot of hate which was completely disrespectful. I hope he bounces back.

I don’t want the Bagel Man. We need someone with experience. This is not an easy job and someone with only so much time in the game is also going to struggle.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
You seem to forget that this is the Chelsea way we've always fired managers after bad performances. Potter has been a disaster. The fans have been wanting him gone from January. Todd made the wrong decision of making footballing decisions without footballing people on board the difference is we have footballing people now at the club(Monaco, Rbl, Brighton) The length of the contracts are irrelevant because the players we have bought are literally players that are considered top prospects in football and they are all on LOW wages so the length of the contract isn't an issue you're acting like we brought in bums who don't know what they are doing. Also of all the new players that we have brought in the only mainstays are Enzo, Felix Cucrella and Koulibaly. Everyone else was here under Tuchel and he got them in September. Potter has had more mid season breaks and time to get his point across.
First it was the injuries are a problem, then it was oh he has no players. Players came back from injuries you got some of the talented youngsters in europe.

Yeah you will call it circus and that is your opinion what is a fact is that Potter was failing at his job And should have been sacked before the International break,
Yes, in the Summer. Exactly what I wrote. Potter may have been the wrong Manager choice but your club made the objective impossible in the first place by claiming he had long term job security despite actually thinking short term and vastly changing the squad in the space of a single season. You're falling into the same trap we did thinking that all your recruitments are solid when the reality is that you've spent a fortune on players that haven't stepped up and perhaps wont ever. Length of contract is very relevant, if your player is a dud and Europe knows it then you can't just let the clock tick away and after 3 seasons he's gone. You'll be stuck with those dud for years and years, not that it bothers Chelsea mind with your loan recruitment drive.

We certainly will call a potato a potato and a circus a circus. Your club is a circus. Good luck whoever the next Manager is, poison chalice of a job right now.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Another team in shite form who gets to sack their manager before they play us. Great.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Football wise, the most sensible appointment at this stage of the season and with the players up there is Conte.

TheReligion

Abusive
Aren't pretty much all of the backroom staff people he took from Brighton aswell? And that fitness guy is someone Tuchel wants at Bayern.

Genuinely interested who they're actually going to put in temporary charge v Liverpool as I'd like them to rouse themselves to get at least a draw from that.
Yep. It was a long term project remember. All the backroom staff and even some recruitment people from memory to work with him.

I imagine this will cost them close to £100m from start to finish. Absolutely crazy.

On to the third manager of the season!