Gaming Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) | Full game and online multiplayer confirmed in free PS VR2 update

Ainu

The weather simulation looks nice. I still can't get over how lifeless and flat trackside environments look though.

CloneMC16

It looks absolutely unreal. I've always enjoyed GT games, but I skipped the last couple. I'm definitely in again for this one. The only issue with it is the always online thing. I don't understand why the campaign mode needs to be played online.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Does it still have those beyond frustrating licence tests?
Like others have said, those were great. I haven't really gotten into racing games properly since the classic GT games. They were incredible. There was this sense of immersion and realism that felt light-years ahead of anything from its time. Seems the series didn't advance too well

CloneMC16

Like others have said, those were great. I haven't really gotten into racing games properly since the classic GT games. They were incredible. There was this sense of immersion and realism that felt light-years ahead of anything from its time. Seems the series didn't advance too well
I think it peaked between GT3 and GT4. Kinda went downhill from there. I hope the series gets back to its best with GT7. They've taken a long time to develop this one, so I have a lot of hope. From what they've shown us, it looks fantastic.

Bosws87

Still have PTSD from the original Gran Turismo and the licences.

amolbhatia50k

I like the focus on history, story etc behind the car and the companies'. Focusing on a love for cars is a good way to go.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I like the focus on history, story etc behind the car and the companies'. Focusing on a love for cars is a good way to go.
Yep, it looked like a lot of love and effort has been put into the cars and history and I'm looking forward to faffing about in these menus. Also glad the tuning / upgrading system has been returned and I hope there's enough depth in it because it used to be really satisfying winning races with a car that couldn't keep pace before tuning.

I also really liked the format of the split screen 2 player. Instead of chopping it straight in half, horizontal or vertically, PD have just shrunk it so it keeps the correct aspect ratio with a HUD underneath. This is the best solution I've ever seen for split screen. Granted, it will need a decent sized TV for full effect but even so, it looked brill.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
This is the sort of game I reckon I'd smash if it came to a new version of PS Now day 1 (i know it won't and Sony have no plans to do that for a good few years yet). I'm not good enough at sims to buy them for £70, but when I can download for 'free' I find myself playing whilst listening to podcasts when I'm avoiding work, and sink a shit load of time into them without realising.

Looks really good. I hope they don't overdo it with the triggers and haptics - if they get the balance right I think the controller could really add to it. If they go over the top, it'll become uncomfortable and/or distract from the micro-movements you need to make in a game like this. Has there been a game on PS5 where you can turn the haptics up/down rather than just on/off?

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Just got a PS5. Would this game be at all playable with the PS5 controller or is a full wheel and rig necessary for full enjoyment?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Just got a PS5. Would this game be at all playable with the PS5 controller or is a full wheel and rig necessary for full enjoyment?
Vast majority will be playing with a controller mate!

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Controller is fine and the haptic feedback will go a long way to making controllers competitive with rim players (not the butt licking kind).

The biggest difference between wheel and controller users are the finer inputs. If you really want to go the wheel route, thrustmaster have just released a direct drive wheel and pedal Set for PlayStation and specifically gt7. Bit more expensive than your usual entry level wheel but you’ll be upgrading to it within 12 months anyway

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I've played a bit of GT Sport, but the last numbered GT game I played was GT 4 I think. So it's been a while. It does look incredible though, and as a State of Play, it was one of the best. A very good presentation that didn't drag at all, and gave you a lot of info. I may pick this up at some point.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'm not going to be suckered into buying a next gen console because there's a new GT game out again. Definitely not. Probably.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Bah, I want a ps5, but they somehow still havent managed to make it available without having to subscribe to a thousand stock alerts. Feck that.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Driving games will never be worth £70 for me, maybe when it's cheaper.

Forza got great reviews too and I was bored of it after 5 laps.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

I really like Horizon although more for the variety of cars and detail on them than anything, and yeah wouldn't pay £70 for it. Its just free on gamepass

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

I'd usually agree but the GT series is something far more when they're done well. My favourite things to do are gold'ing all the licenses then doing 5 lap time trials with my mate. The tension is wicked when you're literally shaving 100th's of seconds off laps of trial mountain and the jubilation when you finally beat them is a thing of beauty and the scenes can resemble the final seconds of the 1999 CL final!

amolbhatia50k

Haven't truly loved a racing game since the old GT games all those years back. Great to see that it's back.

Balljy

I uninstalled Forza after about 2 hours, the races were very drop in and out all the pop-ups and achievements made me think I was in some social media app. It also didn't lend towards the things a racing game should have in my opinion which is perfecting tracks, learning the tiny improvements which shave time off the laps.

GT is a competitor of Forza Motorsport rather than Horizon and those games have always got me hooked.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Good to see it turned out well. Another PlayStation banger.

I used to love these games back in the day, but haven't played a numbered GT game in ages. I've played a bit of GT Sport and enjoyed the online, but I don't think I'll be buying this any time soon. Maybe when it drops in price considerably. I just get very bored racing against Ai opponents. After a few races, I've had enough.