Gaming Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) | Full game and online multiplayer confirmed in free PS VR2 update

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think it’s just an extension of the pit lane and start.
Interesting, not had time to play in the last week or so but will hopefully get chance this week.

I also got an email from Curry’s giving me a code to unlock:

Content includes:
- 100,000 CR (in-game credit)
- Three-car pack, including
MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT Stealth Model
Porsche 917 LIVING LEGEND
Toyota Supra GT500 '97 (Castrol TOM'S).

Because of my qualifying pre-order purchase that I’d forgotten about so that’s nice!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’d do the Le Mans CE if you haven’t yet. I did a terrible lap and still managed to get gold. :lol: Wouldn’t be surprised if they lowered it or amended the car again.

completed all the Nurburgring sectors now. Can’t bring myself to try the full lap yet.

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Hopefully better for full grids than the last one. I did the 8 lapped online “enduro” - I started about 200meters before the bus stop. I had to brake before before the chicane after the race had started…
That’s kinda similar to the Nurburgring circuit experience, which I started last night, for the first sector it counts you in and you then have to brake almost (but not quite) immediately for Sabine Schmitz Kurve otherwise you’re too deep and have no hope of beating the time.

Speaking of that CE challenge, I’ve now golded the first 7 sectors I think, and I’m absolutely dreading the full lap :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That’s kinda similar to the Nurburgring circuit experience, which I started last night, for the first sector it counts you in and you then have to brake almost (but not quite) immediately for Sabine Schmitz Kurve otherwise you’re too deep and have no hope of beating the time.

Speaking of that CE challenge, I’ve now golded the first 7 sectors I think, and I’m absolutely dreading the full lap :lol:
yeah, there were two or three sectors I really struggled to gold on that CE which is fine on other tracks because of how short they are but in a 6:30 lap having to restart it is going to be a pain in the arse.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
What have they done to CE? After having to grind for ages on, for example, the 24H Le Mans track, I’m now golding some of these on the first go. Even Spa. Why has it got to be so extreme

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What have they done to CE? After having to grind for ages on, for example, the 24H Le Mans track, I’m now golding some of these on the first go. Even Spa. Why has it got to be so extreme
Spa was really easy before the update. Some of them just are. Monza and Spa were v. easy. I agree though that there isn't a good balance with it at times.

RoadTrip

I should start this as well. I actually find lemans harder than Nurburgring.
The issue, for me anyway, is that with Le Mans, the hardest but was doing the lap. Not screwing up the fast swirly section at the end is bloody hard. With Nurburgring because the car is actually really easy and predictable to drive, the issue is actually the time. Which makes it hard because to beat gold you actually need an incredible lap and to do that consistently for 6 and a half minutes is bloody near impossible.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The issue, for me anyway, is that with Le Mans, the hardest but was doing the lap. Not screwing up the fast swirly section at the end is bloody hard. With Nurburgring because the car is actually really easy and predictable to drive, the issue is actually the time. Which makes it hard because to beat gold you actually need an incredible lap and to do that consistently for 6 and a half minutes is bloody near impossible.
Watching the ghost slowly move into the distance is soul destroying :lol:

I’ve only given it a few goes so far as I’ve not been back to it since, but I think the furthest I got was Wipperman before binning it because I was pushing too hard. It’s going to be a right twat, it’s such a fast time required.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The lap on both is hard because you have to remember to yourself you’re able to go flat out/almost flat out on certain corners which makes you poo yourself when you’re 2-3 minutes deep into a lap. :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The lap on both is hard because you have to remember to yourself you’re able to go flat out/almost flat out on certain corners which makes you poo yourself when you’re 2-3 minutes deep into a lap. :lol:
:lol: so true, and even then you have to turn in early due to the sheer speed you’re carrying so even when you can be flat out it’s easy to get it wrong and fall off the track.

RoadTrip

:lol: yep. I’ve completed a lap, being I would say in the middle between safe and pushing, and it came in around 6m 54. So somehow need to shave like 20 seconds for gold. :lol:

AaronRedDevil

Lads where the feck are the Go karts and what's the best one. Just after getting back into this after a long break. Also what's the best GR3 Car, WRX?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
6.37.785!!!

As I was approaching the line my heart was bloody racing knowing how close it’d be, but just snuck under!
:lol: I went back to this challenge this morning and legit my first reaction was “wahey rpitroda golded it!”.

For around an hour after that I was various levels of raging as I still couldn’t get close.

However, I did watch the demo lap just to see how close I needed to be to the ghost as it invariably pulls away after Adenau Forst, and was pleased to see the ghost is a 6:28 lap so don’t need to be overly worried about that.

I think my best time is around 5 secs off gold so I’m sure I’ll get there eventually.

RoadTrip

:lol: I went back to this challenge this morning and legit my first reaction was “wahey rpitroda golded it!”.

For around an hour after that I was various levels of raging as I still couldn’t get close.

However, I did watch the demo lap just to see how close I needed to be to the ghost as it invariably pulls away after Adenau Forst, and was pleased to see the ghost is a 6:28 lap so don’t need to be overly worried about that.

I think my best time is around 5 secs off gold so I’m sure I’ll get there eventually.
Nice! Basically what happened to me was I’d tried it so many times that for the first 3 or so minutes of the lap I was probably no more than a second behind the ghost. But after that because I’d hardly reach that far that often, I was nowhere near as fast. But together just crept under.

Its definitely makeable, but just takes time because (at least for me) it Is just a case of basically memorising the track and the braking points. The car itself thankfully is pretty consistent and stable.

I’ve golded all the circuit experiences now except the long dirt one in the Americas, which I don’t think is happening any time soon. Think I’m going to do the missions next.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Nice! Basically what happened to me was I’d tried it so many times that for the first 3 or so minutes of the lap I was probably no more than a second behind the ghost. But after that because I’d hardly reach that far that often, I was nowhere near as fast. But together just crept under.

Its definitely makeable, but just takes time because (at least for me) it Is just a case of basically memorising the track and the braking points. The car itself thankfully is pretty consistent and stable.

I’ve golded all the circuit experiences now except the long dirt one in the Americas, which I don’t think is happening any time soon. Think I’m going to do the missions next.
There was a few points on the demo lap where I thought to myself “holy crap” because the speed it was carrying through certain corners or the sector splits were considerably better then I’m achieving. However I’m definitely more confident after seeing the overall demo lap time.

Golding all circuit experiences is very impressive, well done!

RoadTrip

There was a few points on the demo lap where I thought to myself “holy crap” because the speed it was carrying through certain corners or the sector splits were considerably better then I’m achieving. However I’m definitely more confident after seeing the overall demo lap time.

Golding all circuit experiences is very impressive, well done!
Thanks, but I think all it shows is I have far too much time on my hands / have no life :lol:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

First full lap was 5 seconds off. I'll come back to it I think. Can certainly see where I can pick time up so not too fussed. Its just shit there is little indication through the lap that you're on course.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Im on controller and i have lost the will to play GT7 after not being able to better a 3 second gap for golding the Nurburgring. Ive tried the whole course on 3 TCS and 0 TCS and I just can't get nearer. My friend says move on and go back to it, but getting disinterested instead which is a shame.

mariachi-19

Im on controller and i have lost the will to play GT7 after not being able to better a 3 second gap for golding the Nurburgring. Ive tried the whole course on 3 TCS and 0 TCS and I just can't get nearer. My friend says move on and go back to it, but getting disinterested instead which is a shame.
otcs and play around with the brake bias… but yeah take a break. You’re probably in a rythm. I suggest take the same car on the same track and just do laps and practice without the fear of reset make mistakes

RoadTrip

Agree with @mariachi-19 come back to it later. Watch the demo though, that should help. After the hours I spent on it, I would note:
- Corners before the long flat-out sections have to be perfected. Otherwise you just continue to lose time throughout the straights.
- There are some corners which don’t seem flat out, but are. Again have to nail these.
- The car surprised you in some corners and makes the corner at a higher speed than seems intuitive, gotta figure these out and build the confidence to throw it in on these.
- It’s a long track, and you’ve got a buffer from the ghost. I just couldn’t nail certain corners, eventually I just realised to take what I could from them and accept as if I didn’t I’d feck them up each time.

I did it on controller and think I either did 2 or 3 TCS.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’ve been messing around with settings this morning and can’t believe the difference it made going from 1 to 0 on TCS. I thought I was nailing the first few minutes and couldn’t understand why the ghost was moving away so much, turns out TCS scrubs off enormous amounts of speed through the really fast sweeping bends.

I’ve not been able to put together a good complete lap yet, but have been around 2 seconds faster just to the exit of Adenau Forst which is nuts when I already thought I was nailing that section.

Definitely confident now, just need to keep at it and knit it all together.

Superunknown

I've just got a PS5 (wohoo) and am looking for games to buy. I'm massively tempted by this, however:

- I have never, ever played a GT game. My only previous Playstation was the PS4 and I was pretty much Nintendo + Sega only when growing up. (the dream team) Didn't get GT Sport, so this may be my first GT.
- I don't have hours upon hours to sink into this game. I may only play for up to an hour a night or for a bit longer on weekends, due to work. (my wife is currently playing Elden Ring, so will also need to balance using the PS5 with her)
- I don't have real experience with racing games of this type. There wasn't a huge abundance on the PS4, although I really enjoyed Drive Club. Played Need for Speed Most Wanted on the WiiU and enjoyed that, but that's a different sort of game to this.
- I'm not technical whatsoever when it comes to cars.

Would GT7 be a good fit? Would I get enough out of it despite being a complete novice, or is there a better suited racer already out/on the horizon for me to look at? I like the look of it but get worried that I'll get bogged down with all this technical stuff that I have no clue about. :lol:

iammemphis

I've just got a PS5 (wohoo) and am looking for games to buy. I'm massively tempted by this, however:

- I have never, ever played a GT game. My only previous Playstation was the PS4 and I was pretty much Nintendo + Sega only when growing up. (the dream team) Didn't get GT Sport, so this may be my first GT.
- I don't have hours upon hours to sink into this game. I may only play for up to an hour a night or for a bit longer on weekends, due to work. (my wife is currently playing Elden Ring, so will also need to balance using the PS5 with her)
- I don't have real experience with racing games of this type. There wasn't a huge abundance on the PS4, although I really enjoyed Drive Club. Played Need for Speed Most Wanted on the WiiU and enjoyed that, but that's a different sort of game to this.

Would GT7 be a good fit? Would I get enough out of it despite being a complete novice, or is there a better suited racer already out/on the horizon for me to look at? I like the look of it but get worried that I'll get bogged down with all this technical stuff that I have no clue about. :lol:
Its a great game but realistically you'd be wanting to spend 2+hours in each sitting in the evenings. Depending on what level of completion you'd be aiming for that is. If you can just be happy with Bronze times then moving on etc its fine, but to get gold lap times and gold challenges its alot harder and you can spend 2-3 evenings trying to just do that.

But its a great game, stunning graphics on the PS5. Definitely recommend it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

As above, it depends on what you're happy with. I'd say it can be played casually but only if you're happy with quite slow progress.

iammemphis

I have been using the ghost on the Nurburgring, and then thought id have the ghost reset on each sector. It used to work fine but recently the ghost just carries on? and no matter what I do do it stays the same even with the setting on or off. Any easy fix?

Also, can't believe in 2022 they can't save a ghost. Takes a serious amount of effort to complete a decent lap thar i can use as a ghost, and one close of the app means it's completely wiped. Its ridiculous. Wheres a cloud save?

Superunknown

Its a great game but realistically you'd be wanting to spend 2+hours in each sitting in the evenings. Depending on what level of completion you'd be aiming for that is. If you can just be happy with Bronze times then moving on etc its fine, but to get gold lap times and gold challenges its alot harder and you can spend 2-3 evenings trying to just do that.

But its a great game, stunning graphics on the PS5. Definitely recommend it.
As above, it depends on what you're happy with. I'd say it can be played casually but only if you're happy with quite slow progress.
Cheers for the responses, guys.
Would I be missing out on an awful lot if I played it casually? What's the benefit exactly of going for gold lap times and gold challenges?

Leaning towards giving it a go, because at least it would be something pretty to look at. :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Cheers for the responses, guys.
Would I be missing out on an awful lot if I played it casually? What's the benefit exactly of going for gold lap times and gold challenges?

Leaning towards giving it a go, because at least it would be something pretty to look at. :lol:
It’s really as challenging as you want it to be, or let it be.

If you’re happy achieving bronze times in the challenges there’s no issue with that whatsoever and god knows it’ll cause you less stress, and there’s lots to love about the general races etc.

It is, however, much more of a “sim” than any kind of arcade game; with braking points, speed management, tyres, suspension setup, acceleration control all being factors to consider rather then mashing the X button and just turning left and right.

There’s nothing wrong with arcade racers if you want them, just be aware that isn’t what this is, and you’ll be rewarded for patience, time, skill, and learning tracks etc.

mariachi-19

Also the mileage missions are a waste of my life
They need to make them better. Like, give me a race where I have 4 laps of fuel and 5 left to go against a bloke with more fuel than he needs on worn tyres. Not only does it challenge your fuel management, but also teaches you defensive techniques to keep a much faster car behind you