Gaming Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) | Full game and online multiplayer confirmed in free PS VR2 update

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Some of the circuit experiences are absolutely bonkers hard, even when you do all the sectors the full lap then seems impossible. I’m absolutely dreading the Nurburgring one, and that fishermans dirt one you mention will be a right twat.

I’m working my way through missions at the moment, just got past the pass one on Moby Dick where you’re in the Nissan GTR race car at Fuji, that was tricky.
Yeah - I’m fecking stuck on the first one in Europe haha.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Some of the circuit experiences are absolutely bonkers hard, even when you do all the sectors the full lap then seems impossible. I’m absolutely dreading the Nurburgring one, and that fishermans dirt one you mention will be a right twat.

I’m working my way through missions at the moment, just got past the pass one on Moby Dick where you’re in the Nissan GTR race car at Fuji, that was tricky.
Literally took me 5 hours just to do sector one to gold one Nurburgring :annoyed:. Then minutes to gold the second sector. Did you buy a steering wheel in the end, was it you looking into them?

hobbers

Fisherman's is actually dead easy if you've done any credit boosting. Can do that track blindfolded now.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yeah - I’m fecking stuck on the first one in Europe haha.
:lol:

Literally took me 5 hours just to do sector one to gold one Nurburgring :annoyed:. Then minutes to gold the second sector. Did you buy a steering wheel in the end, was it you looking into them?
I did mention looking at them, but pussied out in the end so still on controller. 5 hours is brutal!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
feck that. It’s S-10 all over again. Spent two hours doing it and only completed about 3 full laps. Half a second off gold. I can do it but everytime I get ahead of my ghost I shit myself. The downhill section is a bitch.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Is anybody having trouble playing? Im getting a server error code and no idea what’s wrong with it, wondering if it’s just me?

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Nevermind, seems to be a problem with the internet provider. Just came across a thread on reddit with a bunch of people having the same issue and they all have EE internet, amazon prime is down too.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
feck that. It’s S-10 all over again. Spent two hours doing it and only completed about 3 full laps. Half a second off gold. I can do it but everytime I get ahead of my ghost I shit myself. The downhill section is a bitch.
That McLaren is a dog of a car. They've purposefully set the cars up to make the lap difficult.

I've done thousands of laps of this joint over the past 20 years in sims and I struggled with this.

Pretty much, settle the car earlier and brake before the pedestrian bridge on top of the mountain and then if you can, trail brake down into the dipper (the cork screw like bit). Also, you want to track as far right as you can before getting to the dipper. the aim is to straightline the chicane as much as you can.

When you get to the dipper, you want to aim to drop your front left hand wheel over the edge of the ridge and almost get airborne but becareful when lighting up the throttle as it doesn't like the loss of weight over the rear wheel (they've actually simulated this very well). Just be smooth on throttle application.

Now that little right kink before you come down to Forest Elbow (that's the hair pin just before conrod straight (big straight), you want to drop just dab the brake and wipe off a smidge of speed before you over the ridge and then angle the car toward the inside of the corner at the elbow. You want to apex the corner as soon as possible. The earlier the better because taking the wider line there to make it a nicer corner doesn't work down conrod as you make so much more time with a good exit.

One thing about Bathurst is that it rewards bravery when you have the car setup to do it. Otherwise you need to respect it and learn to float the car. The only 2 parts of that track I’ve found you can attack in that McLaren is the Reid park (across the top of the mountain before the left handed onto skyline and the chase.

add a touch of rear bias to settle the rear of the car across the bumps - also these cars have full tanks which doesn’t help.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That McLaren is a dog of a car. They've purposefully set the cars up to make the lap difficult.

I've done thousands of laps of this joint over the past 20 years in sims and I struggled with this.

Pretty much, settle the car earlier and brake before the pedestrian bridge on top of the mountain and then if you can, trail brake down into the dipper (the cork screw like bit). Also, you want to track as far right as you can before getting to the dipper. the aim is to straightline the chicane as much as you can.

When you get to the dipper, you want to aim to drop your front left hand wheel over the edge of the ridge and almost get airborne but becareful when lighting up the throttle as it doesn't like the loss of weight over the rear wheel (they've actually simulated this very well). Just be smooth on throttle application.

Now that little right kink before you come down to Forest Elbow (that's the hair pin just before conrod straight (big straight), you want to drop just dab the brake and wipe off a smidge of speed before you over the ridge and then angle the car toward the inside of the corner at the elbow. You want to apex the corner as soon as possible. The earlier the better because taking the wider line there to make it a nicer corner doesn't work down conrod as you make so much more time with a good exit.

One thing about Bathurst is that it rewards bravery when you have the car setup to do it. Otherwise you need to respect it and learn to float the car. The only 2 parts of that track I’ve found you can attack in that McLaren is the Reid park (across the top of the mountain before the left handed onto skyline and the chase.

add a touch of rear bias to settle the rear of the car across the bumps - also these cars have full tanks which doesn’t help.
your tip about taking the apex on the downhill section worked a treat. Turned traction control off and adjusted brake bias and managed it despite messing up the last corner! That’s all the Asia-Pacific experiences done now.

Last edited:

iammemphis

Now you mention that brake balance thing @SilentWitness, can you or anyone explain what it actually does? I have a few cars where i can change it to front and rear and i have no idea really what effect it is going to have.

I have also seen a torque distribution one, what's that going to do?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Now you mention that brake balance thing @SilentWitness, can you or anyone explain what it actually does? I have a few cars where i can change it to front and rear and i have no idea really what effect it is going to have.

I have also seen a torque distribution one, what's that going to do?
If you move brake bias to the front then more of the braking power is going to the front axle. I usually prefer a slight front bias in a well set up car, as braking transfers weight forward and more braking power on the front helps settle the car quicker which allows you to get back on the power earlier.

Rear bias can make the car squirrelly under braking as the back end will be light under weight transfer and doing more of the braking with less grip leading to oversteer.

Torque distribution does the same but with power distribution rather than braking so you can make you 4WD car put more of its power into the front or rear axle. This will lead to under or oversteer depending whether you put power to the front or back respectively.

mariachi-19

If you move brake bias to the front then more of the braking power is going to the front axle. I usually prefer a slight front bias in a well set up car, as braking transfers weight forward and more braking power on the front helps settle the car quicker which allows you to get back on the power earlier.

Rear bias can make the car squirrelly under braking as the back end will be light under weight transfer and doing more of the braking with less grip leading to oversteer.

Torque distribution does the same but with power distribution rather than braking so you can make you 4WD car put more of its power into the front or rear axle. This will lead to under or oversteer depending whether you put power to the front or back respectively.
Following on from this, generally you’ll only add more rear bias if you’ve got full tanks as it’ll stop the additional weight from the rear of the car pushing the car forward and then you’ll bring the bias forward as the weight comes down.

My personal preference is around 60% front bias.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Following on from this, generally you’ll only add more rear bias if you’ve got full tanks as it’ll stop the additional weight from the rear of the car pushing the car forward and then you’ll bring the bias forward as the weight comes down.

My personal preference is around 60% front bias.
Am I cracking up or did GT Sport used to show it as a percentage? On 7 I typically go to -2 or -3.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I fecking hate parts of this game, sat about 20 seconds to start behind everyone else is stupid, just let them start earlier than me without me having to wait. You do every other fecking race.

Rally experience or mission or something. Slightest touch and boom fail, they brake at stupid points for no reason just so you crash too. Wankers.

That big blue ford thing just sits in the middle of the track going as slow as possible but making sure you can't get round it easy.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
golded everything in America and Asia now. Just circuit experiences in Europe to do now and they’re the hardest by far. The quick cars are hard to control.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Got the game a few days ago looks alright so far, but setting the lap on spa was infuriating, must of lost it in the last sector and even the last corner 6 or 7 times all that to get bronze

iammemphis

golded everything in America and Asia now. Just circuit experiences in Europe to do now and they’re the hardest by far. The quick cars are hard to control.
Did you gold the Nuremburg lap attack yet? I have two sectors left to complete before attempting it myself :lol:. I don't forsee me ever doing it tbh, not unless i ditch the controller and spend a few hundred quid on a wheel and pedals.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I think the hardest part for me is remembering the tracks :lol: one track I remembered pretty much after 1 lap, it just seemed to flow how I thought it would. Even tracks from other entries in the series I forget.

Nightmare on a long track when you lose track of where you're at. Wrong turn and boom!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Did you gold the Nuremburg lap attack yet? I have two sectors left to complete before attempting it myself :lol:. I don't forsee me ever doing it tbh, not unless i ditch the controller and spend a few hundred quid on a wheel and pedals.
nope. I’m purposely leaving that and Le Mans for last. :lol:

I only have those two, Alsace and the Bugatti one left to do and then I will have golded everything in the game.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Le Mans is nearly impossible on controller.
I saw that, apparently was easier before patching. I also read that GT Sport was far easier than this game in terms of circuit experience. I didn’t play it so would not know.

RoadTrip

Golded circuit experience on the 24h circuit! So many times I’d have a good lap only to blow it on the max speed curvy corners at the end. If you turn even slightly too sharply on the controller stick, you lose total control. Thankfully managed to build up enough buffer to coast through parts of that section with just enough time in hand.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Golded circuit experience on the 24h circuit! So many times I’d have a good lap only to blow it on the max speed curvy corners at the end. If you turn even slightly too sharply on the controller stick, you lose total control. Thankfully managed to build up enough buffer to coast through parts of that section with just enough time in hand.
nice. Haven’t tried it yet but seems tough from what I’ve read and watched on YouTube.

I’ve taken a break from circuit experiences to do some trophy stuff. Just need to do 50 sport races and get the three legendary cars to platinum.

RoadTrip

9/15 circuit experiences gold in Europe now. Including 24h Le Mans, the Bugatti, and the Audi in sardegna (and that bloody dirt track). The hardest for me was actually the lambo in Barcelona. 6 left (the ones on the right essentially).

Then on to Asia.

And still have that long dirt track in the US to do (done sectors but not the lap), but don’t think I can bear that.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
9/15 circuit experiences gold in Europe now. Including 24h Le Mans, the Bugatti, and the Audi in sardegna (and that bloody dirt track). The hardest for me was actually the lambo in Barcelona. 6 left (the ones on the right essentially).

Then on to Asia.

And still have that long dirt track in the US to do (done sectors but not the lap), but don’t think I can bear that.
I only have Le Mans and Nurburgring to do now. Don’t know when I will be able to mentally put myself through it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
New races and update are good. The Endurance race is what everything should be like going forward.

mariachi-19

New races and update are good. The Endurance race is what everything should be like going forward.
Big money too… and able to repeat it unlike missions.

Also is anybody struggling with the final human comedy mission. Holy feck balls. I’m consistent doing 1’58’s low 1’59’s and can’t even get close to the leaders. Something is cooked with this.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Big money too… and able to repeat it unlike missions.

Also is anybody struggling with the final human comedy mission. Holy feck balls. I’m consistent doing 1’58’s low 1’59’s and can’t even get close to the leaders. Something is cooked with this.
Yes. It was hard. You’re doing the right thing though. With a good strat you should be able to do it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Apparently the new update has made Le Mans and Nurburgring easier in terms of CE so get on it.

pacifictheme

Easier like how? Improved tyre grip or something? I've tried a few times but yet to get close to the gold time on the Nurburgring.
Rear wheel drive cars handling has been improved so both of those tracks should be easier now.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I didn’t even know there was a different layout for Spa for the 24hr, where is the difference?