Gaming Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) | Full game and online multiplayer confirmed in free PS VR2 update

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Increase controller sensitivity and turn counter steer down.
Counter steer is off, as are all other aids including TC, will try controller sensitivity!

Edit: whoops, I’d popped out and actually forgot I’d passed the one I was moaning about when you quoted me. I’m onto International B now, let’s see how they go.

Last edited:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Are there any endurance races on this one?

Some of the endurance races on GT 3 and 4 were classic.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’m getting really triggered on a-9 license, that fecking hairpin one.

It will be the death of me I spent a solid hour on it earlier trying for gold and I’m just not getting it.

Leg-End

It will be the death of me I spent a solid hour on it earlier trying for gold and I’m just not getting it.
Turn the ABS to weak if you haven’t already

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Yea that one was tough.

Turn the ABS to weak if you haven’t already
Any tips for the IB one with the Corvette taking the long high speed bend at the start of Willow Springs? I got within a few tenths of gold but just couldn’t beat it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
First few videos show that it looks great on PS4 PRO which is great to see.

Leg-End

Yea that one was tough.

Any tips for the IB one with the Corvette taking the long high speed bend at the start of Willow Springs? I got within a few tenths of gold but just couldn’t beat it.
TCS to 1, the key bit isnt the first sector, it’s being tidy in the slow corners in the middle and then I found if you carry the speed in the final banked corner you will get it.

Edit - Oh actually I’m thinking of the wrong one! Hang on, I don’t remember that one.

Leg-End

Looked it up, TCS 1, early apex and let it drift to middle then power early to catch the apex again. Basically you have to balance the throttle until you can do full power, if you go too early as you probably know it just understeers but snap oversteers if you go too early.

Slow in, fast out is key.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Looked it up, TCS 1, early apex and let it drift to middle then power early to catch the apex again. Basically you have to balance the throttle until you can do full power, if you go too early as you probably know it just understeers but snap oversteers if you go too early.

Slow in, fast out is key.
Will give that a shot, I’ve had TSC off on them all so far but that one does feel like it might be necessary

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Three little things that impress me over gt sport.

In a race car in internal view the sensation of speed is like no racing game i've ever played. Its actually quite amazing.

The internal view on dirt is also something quite amazing when it accomodates all the bumps etc.

The controller feedback on gear changes. The rumble reflects the type of gear box. If its paddle shifted its short and sharp. If its a modern h pattern it is shorter as well. If its a pre 00's manual gear box, its much longer and you an almost feel the double clutching. If its a race car, whether paddle shifting or H pattern, the rumble is more severe.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

I’m having trouble with it now. Annoyingly close to the gold but I just can’t squeeze the last pips out of it, my ghost is always ahead at the end.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I’m having trouble with it now. Annoyingly close to the gold but I just can’t squeeze the last pips out of it, my ghost is always ahead at the end.
We must have been sitting there at the same time fuming about that together. I honestly thought for a while I wasn't going to get to sleep for hours. They set the bar very high on that challenge. Felt like a miracle once I'd done it and had noticed someone on my leaderboard who had given up, which made me laugh.

mariachi-19

Turn countersteer off in AI setting. It makes the car feel like a boat! But turn it on light for s10… but only do it after you spend 2 hours trying to lap spa

Also when you get stuck on one I highly recommend watching demos. It will help you with positioning and breaking markers.

mariachi-19

This game makes me feel like I’m 14 years old playing GT4… that’s a hell of a compliment.

It does however really need a mountain course. Like a 22km togue course for drifting and just general driving. I also love the cinematic intros for some of the tracks… the one for high speed ring was beautiful

Volumiza

We must have been sitting there at the same time fuming about that together. I honestly thought for a while I wasn't going to get to sleep for hours. They set the bar very high on that challenge. Felt like a miracle once I'd done it and had noticed someone on my leaderboard who had given up, which made me laugh.
Turn countersteer off in AI setting. It makes the car feel like a boat! But turn it on light for s10… but only do it after you spend 2 hours trying to lap spa

Also when you get stuck on one I highly recommend watching demos. It will help you with positioning and breaking markers.
Done. It was the first 90 degrees of the hairpin I was failing at. I was being to aggressive and getting on the power too soon which was bogging the revs down on the exit.

Rolled round the first 90 then on the throttle bang on the apex and not before, literally inches difference. That was a tough licence test in terms of time margins.

Volumiza

What a game! So satisfying. Definitely going to treat myself to a steering wheel set up and a bigger tv when I move house. This game is screaming for it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Finally got to have a bit of time with the full game. At times this game can slap you in the with pixels it looks so good! Loving the feel with wheel. Haven't changed much just a little more toughness to the force-feedback and some more sensitivity. Turned off the aids. It's what I want from a GT game, reckon I'll be playing it all generation.

When do you get to race online?

mariachi-19

Finally got to have a bit of time with the full game. At times this game can slap you in the with pixels it looks so good! Loving the feel with wheel. Haven't changed much just a little more toughness to the force-feedback and some more sensitivity. Turned off the aids. It's what I want from a GT game, reckon I'll be playing it all generation.

When do you get to race online?
I think after book 9 in the coffee challenge.

Uniquim

Loving the game so far. Blasted through about 31 menu items already. Almost have all the courses unlocked.
Was able to hit 342 kmh with the Ford GT '06 on Daytona.

Nordschleife with the Dallara SF is so much fun too.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
@Rado_N played a couple hours. Enjoyed a couple of the music rally’s and half way through the A licence, all gold so far! Will be back on that shit later

Thoroughly enjoying it so far, graphics are insane, intro video gets the hype going, and game play so far been exceptional as you’d expect with a GT

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
@Rado_N played a couple hours. Enjoyed a couple of the music rally’s and half way through the A licence, all gold so far! Will be back on that shit later

Thoroughly enjoying it so far, graphics are insane, intro video gets the hype going, and game play so far been exceptional as you’d expect with a GT
Glad you’re enjoying!

paulscholes18

Same, about.5 seconds off gold. The final one for the a license is ridiculous I am ahead of the ghost going into the final breaking point then it's like it gets a mushroom from Mario Kart and zooms past me and again about .5 off gold.

Also the amount of other ones I get within 0.01-0.03 off gold then spend about 10 minutes getting it.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Same, about.5 seconds off gold. The final one for the a license is ridiculous I am ahead of the ghost going into the final breaking point then it's like it gets a mushroom from Mario Kart and zooms past me and again about .5 off gold.

Also the amount of other ones I get within 0.01-0.03 off gold then spend about 10 minutes getting it.
you literally have to nail every single thing about the run perfectly or it’s impossible.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Worth playing full price for this?

I was hooked on GT3 but never really played them again after that one. Is it similar in terms of game modes, licences, upgrades etc..

RoadTrip

Im up to A-6, will carry on later. But the one with the Civic on the bridge/underpass, think was A-5, caused me significant levels of frustration!

Leg-End

Worth playing full price for this?

I was hooked on GT3 but never really played them again after that one. Is it similar in terms of game modes, licences, upgrades etc..
Worth it, this is the GT of old.

Volumiza

IB-3 at Fuji in the Lexus RC F the latest to be causing me stress.
Wrestling with that one now. Really seems like they’ve cranked the margins so fine in this game, I don’t remember struggling for the golds like this before, unless age and crapness are catching up with me.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Wrestling with that one now. Really seems like they’ve cranked the margins so fine in this game, I don’t remember struggling for the golds like this before, unless age and crapness are catching up with me.
I’ve found the opposite, most have been easy? A-9 was a cnut and IB-3 is tough. I fully expect them to get harder aswell.

Volumiza

I’ve found the opposite, most have been easy? A-9 was a cnut and IB-3 is tough. I fully expect them to get harder aswell.
Yeah, just the odd one, most pretty doable. Those two you mentioned absolutely have some tiny margins. A9 I was literally 1 hundredths of a second off and I couldn’t get it. My ghost was triggering me in a big way. Still … enjoyed the elation of passing :)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It’s the off-camber 90° left that keeps fecking me, traction goes so easily. I’ve not been back at it since before the match but from memory I’m .04 away from gold but haven’t been able to get close to that again since.

RoadTrip

It’s the off-camber 90° left that keeps fecking me, traction goes so easily. I’ve not been back at it since before the match but from memory I’m .04 away from gold but haven’t been able to get close to that again since.
Just passed it with gold. 37.634. The long right hander is where I made up or lost time in all my runs. You need to time being tucked in, edging out and then tucking back in perfectly. It’s a pain.

Also if haven’t already turn off counter steering. Game changing!