Gaming Grand Theft Auto VI | Trailer out now

Adamsk7

Am I crazy or all those videos look like new characters just plopped into GTA V? The world design looks really generic.
It’s pre pre alpha footage. It looks like there are some reused assets and hell, some of the NPCs aren’t even wearing trousers! Some are saying it’s 2019 footage so I’d imagine today the game looks miles better. I think what we take from this is not what the game looks like but more we’ve now got confirmation on locations, characters etc and also Rockstar probably HAVE to give us something now

b82REZ

That would be interesting. Coop would be great fun in the GTA format.
I'd say for online it's a given now. Heists were their test for cooperative play and they've been such a huge success for them they'd be mad not to carry them on.

Local coop is unlikely though. I just don't see how that could ever work in a massive OW game.

WPMUFC

Being claimed on gtaforums that the same guy was responsible for the Uber hack and allegedly may have social engineered themselves into Rockstars GTA dev slack and just downloaded everything.

there are video files and game engine scenes with dev names in it as "authors". Whomever the hacker is, they are completely fecked. Like actual prison time.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not convinced that is real.
How so? There’s over 90 videos and all seem like Rockstar’s style. Also confirms small details that have been rumoured before. There’s things in the background that are known from previous GTA games plus dev names in the data.

If it’s fake then the people who did it have gone to lengths to make an actual game which looks just as good. Which is… pointless. Occam’s Razor.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is the female a Latin character? The rumour a few months back was there would be a female character with the same ethnicity. The rumour was there would be two characters, siblings.

Anyway the leaker is fecked for this surely.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Is the female a Latin character? The rumour a few months back was there would be a female character with the same ethnicity. The rumour was there would be two characters, siblings.

Anyway the leaker is fecked for this surely.
Yes, the rear gives it away. The leak definitely ties up with the reports a while back that the main characters would be inspired by Bonnie and Clyde.

Abizzz

How so? There’s over 90 videos and all seem like Rockstar’s style. Also confirms small details that have been rumoured before. There’s things in the background that are known from previous GTA games plus dev names in the data.

If it’s fake then the people who did it have gone to lengths to make an actual game which looks just as good. Which is… pointless. Occam’s Razor.
To me it looks like some mod / reskin of GTA V. If it is GTA VI why use 20 year old police cars? Why use cars that already existed in the release version of GTA V like the camino one? People have had 5 years to fake this... I not saying I know that it's a fake, just that I'm not convinced that it's real.

Also why would they be testing this on a gtx1080 in 2022?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
To me it looks like some mod / reskin of GTA V. If it is GTA VI why use 20 year old police cars? Why use cars that already existed in the release version of GTA V like the camino one? People have had 5 years to fake this... I not saying I know that it's a fake, just that I'm not convinced that it's real.

But there’s things in it you can’t do in GTA V. Plus the modelled characters that match up with GTA 6. It’s got to be real. This looks like a very early build so they’ve likely built on top of the previous game. There’s loads of things without textures yet that they’ll likely update.

If someone has ‘modded’ new rag doll physics, areas, new main characters, switching system between the two, etc.. then they should probably make their own game.

dove

Game was obviously in very early stages when those videos were made and the recordings can be a couple years old or so. There is no way it's fake considering how many different internal dev tools/info it contains.

Lay

There’s leaks with rockstar employee names in the data. Using old cars is what they’ve done before, it’s just testing.

GtaForums think it’s real and they usually debunk everything swiftly

b82REZ

Allegedly the footage is from 2019, from a very early alpha build

Abizzz

Hmm I guess we will see by R* reaction to this. It would be nice if these leaks were 3 years old because that would mean we're 3 years closer to releases.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink

I actually think it's kind of a miracle how rare it is we see such leaks with the crazy amounts of people working on these games. Bound to happen now and again.

Woodzy

The reality now is probably that Rockstar quickly put together some more polished footage to put out the to the public along with some details to try and make these leaks quickly a thing of the past.

Probably going to be months sooner than they planned to show anything at all, and who knows if they have anything even worth showing yet.

gormless

The reality now is probably that Rockstar quickly put together some more polished footage to put out the to the public along with some details to try and make these leaks quickly a thing of the past.

Probably going to be months sooner than they planned to show anything at all, and who knows if they have anything even worth showing yet.

A polished trailer soon would send hype to unreal levels.

I suppose they've just got to be grateful they didn't get TLOU2'd.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Why would they bother doing that? It’s not like this leak is going to put people off buying it when it’s ready. Whether they put a trailer out now or in two years when the game is ready to release will make no difference.

Lay

They'll raise prices in GTA Online out of spite!

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Must be annoying for Rockstar to have a big leak, they'll be pressed to release footage at e3 next year now

hobbers

Quite like a bonnie and clyde style duo, especially if it means online coop.

Probably wont though.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
The gtaforum isn't loading properly for me. I caught a comment about blackmail somewhere - wondering if the dude woke up and is demanding cash not to leak more! I've read people saying if he leaks the source code it'll inevitably delay the game as the whole thing will have to be redone (as source code allows for people to more easily hack the game in multiplayer for example - way out of my depth).

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
He edited his op:

Ok so this has gone unexpectedly viral, woke up to 3000 Telegram DM's If you are a employee of Rockstar or Take2 and your trying to contact me. Send me a message containing 22559219889638875756 on telegram Or you can email me at teapotuberhacker@protonmail.com **from your corporate email address** I will try to read all these reply soon - i am looking to negotiate a deal
Edited 40 minutes ago by teapotuberhacker
How can he say unexpectedly viral :lol:

Castia

He’s been in touch with R* there’s leaked screenshots of the conversation on Era. Claims he’s got gta 5 and 6 source code which would be a complete disaster for them.

The guy is apparently claiming to be behind the recent Uber hack as well which was done in exactly the same way as this through ‘slack’

gormless

He’s been in touch with R* there’s leaked screenshots of the conversation on Era. Claims he’s got gta 5 and 6 source code which would be a complete disaster for them.

The guy is apparently claiming to be behind the recent Uber hack as well which was done in exactly the same way as this through ‘slack’
What is era? Would be interested in having a read