Gaming Grand Theft Auto VI | Trailer out now

Kaos

A proper next gen police system would be incredible too. They had aspects of it in GTA V and RDR2.

You could maybe change it in the options if you don't want it but having it where you could be hunted by the police and tracked down leading to a big manhunt would be cool. Or just smarter AI for it. Like if you're hiding from the police and you lose your wanted level you can just run past them 2 seconds after they were just looking for you.
Can't remember if they ever fixed this, or if it was a bug or a feature, but wild animals snitching on you in the middle of bumfeck nowhere in the sticks whenever you'd commit a crime was just plain silly.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Trouble is unless you can realistically give them the slip, where’s the fun in playing cops and robbers? If they just pursue you until you’re dead then surely there’s no game in that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Trouble is unless you can realistically give them the slip, where’s the fun in playing cops and robbers? If they just pursue you until you’re dead then surely there’s no game in that.
I would like it to at least be a bit harder. You can just run down an alley and crouch behind a dumpster with the current AI. I'd love a good foot chase across a bigger area before getting away.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have one single meeting tomorrow and that person has scheduled it in for 2pm :(

Balljy

I would like it to at least be a bit harder. You can just run down an alley and crouch behind a dumpster with the current AI. I'd love a good foot chase across a bigger area before getting away.
Some sort of system where you have to reach a safehouse without being seen of which there's only 1 or 2 in the city. Then you change clothes before they stopped looking might work.

Kaos

Some sort of system where you have to reach a safehouse without being seen of which there's only 1 or 2 in the city. Then you change clothes before they stopped looking might work.
Tbh I quite like the Hitman approach to it where you can clear your tracks by either changing disguise or murdering every witness before they have a chance to report the crime.

AFC NimbleThumb

I think they need to shake up the gameplay mechanics tbh. As great as both GTA V and RDR2 were, the gameplay mechanics were beginning to show their age with how formulaic and rigid they were. It seems Rockstar has stuck to the same script in all their missions for years now - drive/ride to point A, kill/steal person/item X, run away or go to point B. Detract away from the script and it's an immediate mission fail.

I want to see them offer a bit more creativity and open-ended approaches to the objectives, and perhaps some impactful choices. I don't want or expect it to be a fully fledged RPG necessarily, but after playing BG3 I feel like some creative freedom would be very welcome.

NakeyJakey actually did an excellent video on this very topic years ago which sums up my sentiments perfectly:

I’ve always thought this. I quite like the idea of going under the radar as a criminal when it comes to the game but you’re forced to complete missions in a certain manner. It would be nice to get a mission to complete in X amount of game time then just get shit done.

I bought an Xbox for Black Friday in anticipation of this.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Do we have any leaks indicating the era?

You’d assume not revisiting the 80’s again, maybe current day given the use of the smart phone in V? Doing the 90’s/00’s could be fun.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Do we have any leaks indicating the era?

You’d assume not revisiting the 80’s again, maybe current day given the use of the smart phone in V? Doing the 90’s/00’s could be fun.
The leaked vids looked modern era. I'd be surprised if it wasn't set after GTA V.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I would've asked Rockstar to stop burying their past and have Tommy Vercetti be an ageing mob boss that you take out but Ray Liotta's passing rules that out.

But you can bring back Danny Dyer for the role of his lifetime; Kent Paul.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I would've asked Rockstar to stop burying their past and have Tommy Vercetti be an ageing mob boss that you take out but Ray Liotta's passing rules that out.
They apparently were recording dialogue at least a year before he died, so it can't be fully ruled out.

Ady87

Trailer leaked on Twitter. Account got suspended in about 8 minutes flat. I’ve got the video saved I’ve just not watched it. Will watch the high quality version with the chaps in the office tomorrow.

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s this 2025 shit correct? If so my Xbox is going back. I got it on Black Friday in preparation. Might aswell just wait another year if so.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I am slightly disappointed in that when it opened up with Tom Petty and the vibrant colours, I did think for a moment that they'd pulled a fast one on everyone and it wasn't going to be set in the 80's.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Looks like they changed the male character from the leaks. 2025 is a long way away. Graphics look great. Not much else given away.

Castia

Wowzers

Biggest hyped game ever by a mile. I can’t wait.

2025 though ffs

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Rather they get the release right, take as long as they like.

First time that in my opinion it resembles an actual city from the visuals. Population, amount of vehicles etc. They got close with 5 but this just feels right, helped by the significant update in lighting. Also really love the shots of the map outside of the city too, they've actually improved on RdR2's visuals which is impressive given how goddamn beautiful that game is.

MegadrivePerson

The trailer always comes out at least 12 months before the game so it was always going to be December 2024 at the earliest.

Hopefully it's early 2025.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Rather they get the release right, take as long as they like.

First time that in my opinion it resembles an actual city from the visuals. Population, amount of vehicles etc. They got close with 5 but this just feels right, helped by the significant update in lighting. Also really love the shots of the map outside of the city too, they've actually improved on RdR2's visuals which is impressive given how goddamn beautiful that game is.
Yeah, it looked incredibly vibrant and busy

Fergies Gum

Whoever leaked this must have been pretty close to a senior employee.