Granit "The Hacker" Xhaka | Likes his reds

Im convinced Wenger's unambitious coaching is to blame. His Arsenal players look like they lack accountability. They currently play like a rich man's Stoke City under Hughes.
In Xhaka's position probably more than any on the pitch you need aggression and tenacity. Xhaka plays like it's a Sunday afternoon game with his mates and that's got to be down to Wenger. Half the team play that way.

meamth

Average player given the keys to Arsenal's midfield. What could go wrong? Shocking player.

prath92

Im convinced Wenger's unambitious coaching is to blame. His Arsenal players look like they lack accountability. They currently play like a rich man's Stoke City under Hughes.
His only good attribute seems to be his long range passing. He isn’t fast, defensively he isn’t great, not great aerially and mobility and awareness is poor too.

arthurka

He wasnt like that in Germany. Its Wenger I tell ya....
I watch a fair bit of the Bundesliga and he had this in his game there too... He was talented and all that but reckless and had little positional sense, but he never lacked fight and spirit that part of Wenger has really stuck on him nicely at Arsenal..

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
What’s the “Likes his greens” part of the thread title referring to?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The way he was hyped up I was expecting a Xabi Alonso-esque deep lying playmaker with decent defensive awareness. Not this shit.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't believe this is the player people were speaking about for years.
Fraud.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
My word, this guy is absolute piss!

His reaction to Pogba's goal was shocking. Not a single feck given and he's the captain.

Nick7

He's gash. He has been since day one at Arsenal. How he's still there, and how he's captain is beyond me.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Should have been sent off and was caught ball watching for a goal. That was in the first 20 minutes. A player with shockingly bad fundamentals.

Canagel

Pogba sent him sliding back to London in the build up to his goal.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Been absolutely horrendous since he stepped foot in this country.

TheReligion

Abusive
He's better than Pogba
They're not comparable in terms of position really but Xhaka does plenty better than Pogba. Xhaka is a defensive DLP where as Pogba is a free role attacking midfielder. Xhaka dictates play from deep better and is defensively much better. Pogba should be a more creative and score more goals. But Xhaka himself has scored 3 including 2 absolutely goal of the season candidates and regularly creates from deep.

But really it's like comparing Carrick and Gerrard, different players
He is a quality player. Arsenal will reap the rewards of this purchase sooner or later.
The most expensive player of all time needs to be doing a whole lot more than playing well in a 1 all draw.
(Shhhhhh. Don't mention the World Cup!)

Xhaka will be a mainstay in the side for years to come, there are very few footballers around that can pass it like he does from deep. I don't mind the cautious approach with him since we have Cazorla who has been very good in CM, though he obviously doesn't have the presence of Xhaka which is why I think the long-term partnership should be Xhaka and Coquelin.

But both Coquelin and Xhaka can be really rash which is something they need to temper.

His passing from deep suits our new set-up too when Sanchez plays up to, drops deep and Ozil runs into space or plays the furthest forwards, which has obviously made us much less predictable this season. Mustafi being a nice passer of the ball helps too.
This thread is a hilarious read. The Arsenal lads giving Mkhitaryan stick too then guess what, they only went and signed him :lol:

Here's to Xhaka.. A mainstay in the Arsenal side for years I tell thee. Years.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
I think Fellaini is 10× the player Xhaka is. A couple long rangers a season is not worth having this bellend in the team.