Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's the perfect Pep player in theory tbh, he loves a team full of midfielders so Grealish on the left, Foden on the right, De Bruyne behind both :(

SATA

The way Grealish is spoken of around here, you would have thought he is prime Rooney reincarnate. He's a very good player don't get me wrong but will his output be more and better than say, Mahrez, Sterling and Bernardo Silva for the last couple of seasons? I would love Bernardo here if City don't want him

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
You kind of lose the argument from inception when you think output is the primary, common separator for these players. Grealish dictates all games for a mediocre team in the best league in the world, Sancho plays much higher up the pitch for the second best team in a weaker league, you cannot compare the two up until now. Sancho will never in a million years copy his work in England in terms of assists, but Grealish might just increase his share considerably. Grealish is a much better and intelligent player with a touch to die for, let’s see how Sancho handles low blocks of good defenders. Something tells me it is going to look very similar to a few players United already have in their squad, albeit better.
Ahhh the old ‘PrEmIeR LeAGue’ argument.

You really think he’s going to get more chance to dictate the game in the same team as the far superior KDB? No.

Grealish is a good player but could very well be a big fish in a small pond. I’ll take the better and younger player (5 years) who has been playing at the top level at a bigger club.

Bwuk

Grealish is a brilliant player, verging on world class.

I don't see where he fits into the City side unless they try to move him into midfield.

MDFC Manager

You kind of lose the argument from inception when you think output is the primary, common separator for these players. Grealish dictates all games for a mediocre team in the best league in the world, Sancho plays much higher up the pitch for the second best team in a weaker league, you cannot compare the two up until now. Sancho will never in a million years copy his work in England in terms of assists, but Grealish might just increase his share considerably. Grealish is a much better and intelligent player with a touch to die for, let’s see how Sancho handles low blocks of good defenders. Something tells me it is going to look very similar to a few players United already have in their squad, albeit better.
All I'll say is, what was Grealish upto aged 21?

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Not sure about that fee but he will probably be excellent under Pep. Crazy that they might spend that much on him when they already have KDB, Foden, Mahrez, B. Silva in those areas.

pascell

I don't see where he fits into the City side unless they try to move him into midfield.
Can play him anywhere in the attacking positions he's that good, even as a false 9 if they don't get Kane. Even in a double pivot with de Bruyne in midfield.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It was predictable they would go after Kane & Grealish after the CL defeat. Getting both would make the PL boring, they already have a gap with the rest & this will just extend it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Can play him anywhere in the attacking positions he's that good, even as a false 9 if they don't get Kane. Even in a double pivot with de Bruyne in midfield.
You couldn't play him in either of those positions. Either wing or behind the striker is where he's best. He's not played in a double pivot since the Championship and it's by far his weakest position.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The way Grealish is spoken of around here, you would have thought he is prime Rooney reincarnate. He's a very good player don't get me wrong but will his output be more and better than say, Mahrez, Sterling and Bernardo Silva for the last couple of seasons? I would love Bernardo here if City don't want him
I think he'll get a ton more assists feeding the City attackers rather than the likes of Traore

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Grealish is a much better and intelligent player with a touch to die for, let’s see how Sancho handles low blocks of good defenders. Something tells me it is going to look very similar to a few players United already have in their squad, albeit better.
Insane. Some of you really don't know just how good Sancho is.

Zen86

Great player but I don’t see him improving City that much to be honest. Laughable that they can spend £100m on a player they don’t really need. And to think people compare their spend to ours.

Bondi77

I think the same and while I do like Grealish I think he holds on to the ball for far too long and I can just see Pep berating him from the touchline for doing so.

RedDevilQuebecois

You've got to be kidding me if this is true. Pep is trying to turn the Premier League into the Bundesliga, and it ain't funny at all for anyone who values higher competitiveness at the top.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think he'll get a ton more assists feeding the City attackers rather than the likes of Traore
I think he’ll get the ball far less playing alongside the likes of KDB. Grealish will have far less space to run in also.

GlasgowCeltic

Seems weird that such a micro manager as Pep would want to commit such an amount to bring in an individualist like Grealish, Utd is a far better fit for the player

gazbradley

Im still convinced we bought vdb because our club thought he was a cheaper alternative to Grealish
100% we did, it seemed decent business at the time if I’m being honest but it quickly became clear he wasn’t someone Ole had planned for or knew a way of getting the best out of him. It’s a lot easier with hindsight to be fair to the club but does look like a huge mistake now.
Bernardo or Mahrez would be great signings for us, shame there’s zero chance they’d ever sell to us.
The only positive I can see from this deal is City/Pep fans can’t use the ‘never broken a transfer record’ argument any more. It’s a small win but one I’m taking

AltiUn

Great player but I don’t see him improving City that much to be honest. Laughable that they can spend £100m on a player they don’t really need. And to think people compare their spend to ours.
The term "luxury signing" was invented for City.

Zoo

My gut feeling is that it's the wrong team and manager for Grealish. It's a shame because he's a United player through and through but we are stacked and have other priorities to deal with.

James35

To win the title, we needed to change a portion of our 11 draws to wins, to rectify this we're in the process of signing one of the best wingers on the planet. It's not irrelevant at all, it's absolutely infuriating that we're so close and City are free to spend £250m of unearned money to consolidate their place at the top.

I don't believe we are as close to City as you do, I respect your opinion of course.

If we get Varane, Sancho and keep Pogba it certainly makes us stronger. Yes it is very infuriating that City can just do what they want, I feel they were not at their best last season and still won the league comfortably. Their eyes seem to be firmly on the CL and potentially getting Grealish and Kane that's a huge statement of intent.

Think the best we will do is battle for second with Liverpool and Chelsea.

bsCallout

On the one hand he's a great player and could do even better with better players around him. On the other EVERYTHING goes through him at Villa which could certainly be helping his stats. Pep won't want him holding onto the ball as long as he does.

The people overrating him are those claiming he could play RW or as a false 9.

He seems very much like Hazard in his dribbling ability, creation and ability to draw a foul.

NK86

It's really hard to see the premier league being any bit competitive for the next 3+ years.

Probably CL too.
I always read these kind of comments and can only laugh. If only football matches were always decided by teams with the better 11 on the pitch.
Haven't we seen this already before when Chelsea strengthened from a position of real strength and we then just got Saha and practically blazed through half the teams. Yes we did have Rooney and Ronaldo burst onto the scene, but who's to say we won't see the same with Mason and Sancho (assuming he signs) to really push us to the next level ourselves.

AltiUn

I don't believe we are as close to City as you do, I respect your opinion of course.

If we get Varane, Sancho and keep Pogba it certainly makes us stronger. Yes it is very infuriating that City can just do what they want, I feel they were not at their best last season and still won the league comfortably. Their eyes seem to be firmly on the CL and potentially getting Grealish and Kane that's a huge statement of intent.

Think the best we will do is battle for second with Liverpool and Chelsea.
In terms of quality we aren't but we were in terms of points. Had City not been able to splash the cash so nonchalantly, we'd likely have significantly closed the gap this summer.

I think City were very, very lucky Liverpool suffered the injury issues they did as Liverpool's starting XI was still the strongest by quite a considerable distance. But this Liverpool team is now another year older and I suspect a few will be exiting their prime in the upcoming season.

The next logical step for us is a proper title challenge. I can't see any way we're not in a title challenge if we did get Sancho, Varane and kept Pogba.

AltiUn

Who is better Sancho or Grealish?
Probably Grealish but Sancho's significantly younger, has CL experience and far more productive. In the long term he'll prove to be a great investment.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Should have picked him up when he was 18-20, the talent was already then easy to see.

Villa will be over the moon getting 100 million, excited to see what they do with it.

justsomebloke

I think he'd be perfect for City, with his combination of creativity and ball retention skills. And the number of fouls he gets. Absolutely perfect. And he can play basically anywhere in the forward line - left flank, right flank, AMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.