g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Dude - Cardiff are my local I bought a season ticket there as going back and fore to OT was proving financially not viable. I’ve been a UTD fan since 85. I love the club. It’s killing me to see City doing so well. Cardiff city are a nice escape from the inevitable Man City title charge.
I was just pulling your leg, mate

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The most frustrating thing about this is the speed at which City get it done.

Not much media talk, nobody's favourite journalists all running the same story at the same time, no toe in, toe out shake it all about.

You wake up one day and its City have offered 100 mil and the deal's basically done.

Contrast that with how we've been chasing Sancho for 2-3 years unsuccessfully.

gazbradley

To think we’d have signed him for peanuts if it wasn’t for VAR saving Villa from going down. Even matching what it was reported Villa wanted before signing his new deal seems like a bargain now. Now I’m just hoping he’s better as a big fish in a small pond type player but that’s just my desperation

Sylar

To think we’d have signed him for peanuts if it wasn’t for VAR saving Villa from going down. Even matching what it was reported Villa wanted before signing his new deal seems like a bargain now. Now I’m just hoping he’s better as a big fish in a small pond type player but that’s just my desperation
Im still convinced we bought vdb because our club thought he was a cheaper alternative to Grealish

Wayne's World

Should have got him last summer when we had the chance....now we'll watch him take the piss out of the league for the next few seasons and with De Bruyne too.

feck sake

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Since when did anyone believe Jim White?

gazbradley

The most frustrating thing about this is the speed at which City get it done.

Not much media talk, nobody's favourite journalists all running the same story at the same time, no toe in, toe out shake it all about.

You wake up one day and its City have offered 100 mil and the deal's basically done.

Contrast that with how we've been chasing Sancho for 2-3 years unsuccessfully.
I get what you’re saying but it’s a lot easier for City to just pay £100 million and be done with it, in reality they don’t really need to even sign anyone and they’d still have one of the best squads around.
Us saving 5-10mil on one transfer helps with the next transfer especially when you have owners like ours who aren’t spending their own cash.
Although I agree with the sentiment of our business seems to drag on, there’s also a lot of made up stuff using our name cos it sells and gets hits/likes etc

matsdf

Isn't it kind of good if he goes there? Villa will be easier to face next season, and does he really bring much more than B. Silva, Mahrez, Sterling and Foden already provide?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Isn't it kind of good if he goes there? Villa will be easier to face next season, and does he really bring much more than B. Silva, Mahrez, Sterling and Foden already provide?
Will be easier to face for the other teams as well. And he's much better than all of them tbh.

laughtersassassin

It's really hard to see the premier league being any bit competitive for the next 3+ years.

Probably CL too.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I get what you’re saying but it’s a lot easier for City to just pay £100 million and be done with it, in reality they don’t really need to even sign anyone and they’d still have one of the best squads around.
Us saving 5-10mil on one transfer helps with the next transfer especially when you have owners like ours who aren’t spending their own cash.
Although I agree with the sentiment of our business seems to drag on, there’s also a lot of made up stuff using our name cos it sells and gets hits/likes etc
I'm not saying we shouldn't haggle.

However, the Manchester press pack knowing every turn the transfer saga takes is clearly the choice of the club. A lot of them cover both United and City. But Txiki's not on the phone to them telling them what's happening with Grealish. Its a totally different approach.

You get the feeling that our lot liked to be talked about.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Will be easier to face for the other teams as well. And he's much better than all of them tbh.
He is, for Villa at least. We have to hope that he struggles with being one of many stars in a bigger pond and the increased pressure. Don't think that's likely, mind.

James35

Certainly makes them even stronger. Get Kane and they are laughing. Pep bless him, does have a tough job!

We aren't winning the title regardless so it's kind of irrelevant to us.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's really hard to see the premier league being any bit competitive for the next 3+ years.

Probably CL too.
It'll likely never be competitive again if City are allowed to spend as they please. They're testing the water with 2 x £100m transfers. In a few seasons they'll likely push the boat out again with 3 or 4 x £100m players.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's the best player in the PL and most people don't rate him that high, so he's definitely underrated :cool:
You’re that Grealish **** on Twitter aren’t you?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He is, for Villa at least. We have to hope that he struggles with being one of many stars in a bigger pond and the increased pressure. Don't think that's likely, mind.
Let's hope! I would have loved him here, City is a very well run club with so much funds. I dont really like pocket watching because United has achieved so little despite all the spending, but I'd be surprised if they can afford a 200million summer net and we cant.

Raw

Don't need to bother with the league next season then. Ridiculous if this happens alongside Kane.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Why did we have to buy Donny... This signing was so obvious! Paying the £80m instead of £40m for Donny was such a no-brainer.

Best player in the league and we pass him up for the Dutch Cleverley, and then be ends up at City. So annoying.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s a cracking player but we don’t have room for him and Sancho and I much prefer Sancho.

So I guess he had to end up at one of our rivals. Good luck to him.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
He is better than Sancho and PL proven. Cracking signing for City

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

we are never going to catch them under this ownership. They are already on top yet add quality every summer. The ambition just isn’t there from us.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Certainly makes them even stronger. Get Kane and they are laughing. Pep bless him, does have a tough job!

We aren't winning the title regardless so it's kind of irrelevant to us.
To win the title, we needed to change a portion of our 11 draws to wins, to rectify this we're in the process of signing one of the best wingers on the planet. It's not irrelevant at all, it's absolutely infuriating that we're so close and City are free to spend £250m of unearned money to consolidate their place at the top.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

We spend quite heavily ourselfs. Our targets are questionable, not our financial outlay.
Our net spend over the last couple of years isn’t that of a side who want to overthrow city. The ambition just isn’t there at all.

Should Grealish be costing more than Sancho?
Why wouldn’t he?

Status
Not open for further replies.