Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Never quite understood that mantra.

It's always good to strengthen, but surely the actual best time to strengthen is when you need a sh!ttonne of it. Like now!
If you’re talking about us, then we need to strengthen all the time

Trequarista10

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'd like us to sign Grealish for the RW position. Obviously his best position (so far) seems to be LW, where we have Rashford, and sure Grealish could rotate/challenge for the position too, but I think he would be quality on the right wing too. His dribbling enables him to beat a man on the outside or inside, so he could play either wing imo.

Think the whole 'right footer must play on the left' and vice versa is overexagerated anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Probably an unpopular opinion but I'd like us to sign Grealish for the RW position. Obviously his best position (so far) seems to be LW, where we have Rashford, and sure Grealish could rotate/challenge for the position too, but I think he would be quality on the right wing too. His dribbling enables him to beat a man on the outside or inside, so he could play either wing imo.

Think the whole 'right footer must play on the left' and vice versa is overexagerated anyway.
It's nothing to do with what foot he is, as seen with Rashford being utterly dead weight on the right, yet good on the left.
It's to do with where he plays best. The fact he's almost never used on the right, at a team not blessed in any position, speaks volumes.

Not to mention that it's utter madness to boot huge fees on players and then change their position. Di Maria showed us that.

Trequarista10

It's nothing to do with what foot he is, as seen with Rashford being utterly dead weight on the right, yet good on the left.
It's to do with where he plays best. The fact he's almost never used on the right, at a team not blessed in any position, speaks volumes.
Erm, it definitely has something to do with it, or at least it matters to the numerous people in this thread and many others who reference right footers cutting in from the left.

All it proves is he hasn't played there before. Attitude and willingness to adapt is a part of it, and on that we can only speculate, but his skill would mean he could flourish there. Plenty of players can flourish in a position they haven't previously played, eg De Bruyne being moved to a number 8, Firminho moving to a false 9, Bale moving from LB to LW to 10 to RW etc etc.... I trust my evaluation of Grealish's skill set over a simplistic analysis of he hasn't played there before so can't be any good there.

gajender

Not to mention that it's utter madness to boot huge fees on players and then change their position. Di Maria showed us that.
Just to add further we aren't talking about a youngster who is just breaking through but a player who is about to hit his prime and who might already be set in his ways and most probably found his best position, it could be counter productive and we aren't in a position to take that chance when such huge sums of money is involved .
And I say that as somebody who is a huge fan of Grealish and if he comes he would simply displace Rashford after brief experimentation of him playing at RW and we might find ourself in the same state of looking for RW again unless Greenwood or Diallo make RW position their own.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Erm, it definitely has something to do with it, or at least it matters to the numerous people in this thread and many others who reference right footers cutting in from the left.

All it proves is he hasn't played there before. Attitude and willingness to adapt is a part of it, and on that we can only speculate, but his skill would mean he could flourish there. Plenty of players can flourish in a position they haven't previously played, eg De Bruyne being moved to a number 8, Firminho moving to a false 9, Bale moving from LB to LW to 10 to RW etc etc.... I trust my evaluation of Grealish's skill set over a simplistic analysis of he hasn't played there before so can't be any good there.
He has played there before, even this season in periods of games, and never looks anywhere near the same threat.
But you don't buy a player for his fee and then change his position. That is idiocy.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just to add further we aren't talking about a youngster who is just breaking through but a player who is about to hit his prime and who might already be set in his ways and most probably found his best position, it could be counter productive and we aren't in a position to take that chance when such huge sums of money is involved .
And I say that as somebody who is a huge fan of Grealish and if he comes he would simply displace Rashford after brief experimentation of him playing at RW and we might find ourself in the same state of looking for RW again unless Greenwood or Diallo make RW position their own.
It seems pretty obvious doesn't it.
You play star players in their best position.

What other industry would you pay sky high money and then try and use something in a different way? It's maniac behaviour.

We've seen it plenty of times over the last decade that trying to shoehorn players into different positions does not work very well at all.
Ok in emergencies, or training youngsters, but not for record transfer fees!

nainaisson

So you want to stop a club becoming as dominant as Bayern by imposing the 50/1 system that they have in the Bundesliga?

The same system that's kept Bayern dominant for the last 40 years and increasingly more dominant for the last decade is what you suggest as a means of stopping a PL team from becoming that successful?

If you were fishing for a stunned / wtf response then you caught me mate(!), if it was written in error but you now realise what you wrote then you should seek out the delete button pronto, but if it was a serious suggestion then there's no hope.
Glad I triggered a Man City fan. Mission accomplished.

TheLord

City will play 'God mode' football if they manage to get Grealish and replace Aguero with Haaland or Kane.
The season can be terminated before it even begins.

Nero

How did I end up in the "RedCafe goes into Meltdown thread"?
One thing people love to do here is create hypothetical situations in their own heads and then get angry about it.

OrcaFat

I hope he doesn’t go to City. He is my current favourite player and is a classic Ferguson type signing - so good that you just have to get him and worry about where to play him later.

It’s irrational as we have higher priority positions but SAF wouldn’t let that stop him and he’s the player I hope we sign above all others. I might actually cry if he goes to City.

Bearded One

I’m still baffled that some fans would not want him here so that he doesn’t slow down Rashford’s growth or Greenwood’s growth. If he goes to City, the same people would be claiming that City are on cheat code mode. I really don’t understand the contradiction.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Grealish is the sort of signing we need, he’d be perfect but I don’t want it to come down to him or sancho, we need both! Obviously that isn’t going to happen though because we need to improve in other areas such as defence and midfield.

Tapori

Grealish can play across 4-5 positions effectively.
He's also an outstanding mercurial talent that can hold the ball, can improve, can pick a pass and read the attacking play well to spot creative incisive quick passes.

I'm with Roy Keane on this one: Just get this done

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Agreed, but Gaz Nev is similar to Sandikan in that regard, it’s head in the sand stuff. “But history shows” blah blah, history shows us nothing, because in history we’ve never had a bottomless pit of money in a football club.

The closest comparison is current Bayern in regards to the rest of their league and it’s what? 9 on the bounce and 2 CL + 1 runners up.
But guess what, Pep left Bayern because he knew full well City’s possibilities dwarf them. Time to get your heads our of your arses people.
Evening friend.

Maybe it's NOT such a given they'll dominate Europe this decade eh?

Probably should have waited until they'd, won this cup once before starting talking about mutliple wins?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I was trying to tell you scaredy cats. To dominate Europe for the next decade they first need to start winning the CL once.

Nero

I was trying to tell you scaredy cats. To dominate Europe for the next decade they first need to start winning the CL once.
If we listened to the drama llamas on here City would have 10 CL's already. They are a shoe-in every year allegedly, no one can stop them.

justsomebloke

Grealish can play across 4-5 positions effectively.
He's also an outstanding mercurial talent that can hold the ball, can improve, can pick a pass and read the attacking play well to spot creative incisive quick passes.

I'm with Roy Keane on this one: Just get this done
This.

And the positional versatility is I think a key argument why he might be a better option than even some other comparable talent, like Sancho. We would effectively have five starting XI-quality players sharing three spots in the forward line behind the striker (Rashford, Pogba, Bruno, Greenwood + new signee), and with that it's crucial that at least some of them can play with comparable effectiveness in different positions. And he would be the only player who could deputise for Bruno, which we sorely need.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Glad I triggered a Man City fan. Mission accomplished.
Nah, you were spouting total nonsense but now you’ve sobered up naked and you’re trying to cover you embarrassment - hilariously and badly.
You gave me and many others a good laugh though so big thanks to you and your 50+1 :-D

Samrat Mazumdar

And why will Grealish want to join the second best team in the league with a HISTORY but no signficant honours for almost 10 years over a club that can guarantee him a big one (PL or CL) every year over the next few years, its a no- brainer, who amongst us would want to join a club that has parasitic owners, a wannabe manager and an old creaking steadium and outdated training facilities?

OL29

And why will Grealish want to join the second best team in the league with a HISTORY but no signficant honours for almost 10 years over a club that can guarantee him a big one (PL or CL) every year over the next few years, its a no- brainer, who amongst us would want to join a club that has parasitic owners, a wannabe manager and an old creaking steadium and outdated training facilities?
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....s/man-utd-grealish-transfer-news-18647354.amp

Hughie77

My pal is a Villa fan and him along with most he knows is Grealish want out then go, he agrees with myself that City move would be a bad one, like most he fears how much game time he will get . And the transfer fee is going to be over £65 million my guess, City pay big bucks havent gone into the 80 90 million bracket yet.

I think they may well have to if the targets they want are Grealish , and Kane.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

He never plays on the right. I don't think any club would want to pay 80-90m on a player who never plays the position they asking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.